Have the go to ST talents changed since the patch?

EDIT: realized i forgot to mention in the title that this is specific to Demo

Hey all. I've been playing with sims while at work the last few weeks trying to iron out my rotation/spec. Before 7.1 I had found that Demonic Calling/Imp Dredstalkers/Demon skin/Soul Harvest/Dark Pact/Grim of Service/Demonbolt was the optimal setup, but since then I've found that Grimoire of Supremacy and Power Trip have started beating out Grimoire of Service and Soul harvest by about 20k dps with my current stats. (Demonic Calling/Imp DS/Demonic Circle/Power trip/Dark Pact/Grim of Supremacy/Demonbolt). So have our "go to" ST talents changed up massively this patch? I understand the difference in DPS for doomguard vs felguard (15% buff) but I'm confused how power trip pulled ahead.

I realize Sim's are hardly realistic but I like using them as a sort of "target" for my dps. for reference Im getting about 265k with soul harvest/service and 285k with Power trip/Supremacy

Also wasn't sure if this belonged in the "improve my dps thread or not" sorry if it does
    Last edited by Vonkraz; 2016-11-02 at 07:01 PM. Reason: unclear title

This definitely belongs in the improve my DPS.

1. When needing help with DPS always post your current stats and trinkets, along with any set bonuses.

2. The current BiS set up for talents is Calling, Dreadstalkers, Synergy, and Demon Bolt with haste being your best stat.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    This definitely belongs in the improve my DPS.

1. When needing help with DPS always post your current stats and trinkets, along with any set bonuses.

2. The current BiS set up for talents is Calling, Dreadstalkers, Synergy, and Demon Bolt with haste being your best stat.
    I simmed my Sup higher than Syn for like 1%, but ill take Syn anyday for cleave and controllable burst period.

Are you sure Calling is better than Shadowflame? I am avoiding it atm because it feels too rng, and shadowflame does decent damage after the buffs, generates a shard instantly, can be used on move, I feel its much better for comboing your demonic empowerements, prove me wrong?

Deleted
    you cant combo summon with shadowflame though. Feels so good when the combo lines up perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Sot4 View Post
    Are you sure Calling is better than Shadowflame? I am avoiding it atm because it feels too rng, and shadowflame does decent damage after the buffs, generates a shard instantly, can be used on move, I feel its much better for comboing your demonic empowerements, prove me wrong?
    So honestly, they're so close to each other that it's personal preference. If you feel more comfortable with controlled shard generation from shadowflame, stick with it. It's ahead by about 3% DPS in perfect situations (a refresh of the 2nd stack at >1 second left).

Here are some of my logs to show I only kinda know what I'm doing. :P https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...6351912/latest

It should note that I do have the legendary shoulders, which turn demonic calling into a shard generating spell rather than a soul sucking block of-- shard costing spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    I simmed my Sup higher than Syn for like 1%, but ill take Syn anyday for cleave and controllable burst period.
    This is very interesting. I'm curious to see how Sup sims for me. I'd love to have a doomguard all the time. Ever since WotLK when I brought a doomguard to Org I've never felt the same.

Shadowflame was simming higher than it should and it is now considered the worst in the row while DC is the new hot stuff. Check out the sticky. DC is a lot harder to screw up as well if you are not a top player.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Shadowflame was simming higher than it should and it is now considered the worst in the row while DC is the new hot stuff. Check out the sticky. DC is a lot harder to screw up as well if you are not a top player.
    That's explained my feeling a month ago when 9/10 of my encounters DC would pull significantly higher DPS than SF, I know something,s wrong with sim but I don't wanna argue with anyone lol (even after they fixed the not crit bug of SF).

- - - Updated - - -

This is very interesting. I'm curious to see how Sup sims for me. I'd love to have a doomguard all the time. Ever since WotLK when I brought a doomguard to Org I've never felt the same.
    It is also involve your secondary stat(beside haste) if you have mainly haste/crit or haste/vers gear Synergy would pull higher, in the other hand with high mastery Sup tends to do better due to bigger portion of your DPS coming from pet. :P (Mine is 13 crit, 38 haste, 33 mastery, 3 vers and also because I'm an Orc)

One more thing is your relic triats do matter, If you're using DE relic then It would enhance Sup, SB crit and DoA would enhance Synergy, other relic shouldn't make any difference.
    Last edited by Ibanism; 2016-11-03 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    That's explained my feeling a month ago when 9/10 of my encounters DC would pull significantly higher DPS than SF, I know something,s wrong with sim but I don't wanna argue with anyone lol (even after they fixed the not crit bug of SF).

- - - Updated - - -

It is also involve your secondary stat(beside haste) if you have mainly haste/crit or haste/vers gear Synergy would pull higher, in the other hand with high mastery Sup tends to do better due to bigger portion of your DPS coming from pet. :P (Mine is 13 crit, 38 haste, 33 mastery, 3 vers and also because I'm an Orc)

One more thing is your relic triats do matter, If you're using DE relic then It would enhance Sup, SB crit and DoA would enhance Synergy, other relic shouldn't make any difference.
    So I'm trying out GoSup with Bough of Corruption and I just... my dps has skyrocketed. I'm approaching 400k sustained.

So I'm trying out GoSup with Bough of Corruption and I just... my dps has skyrocketed. I'm approaching 400k sustained.
    This was kinda the catalyst for this post. I tried out GOSup and jumped by 25kdps at least. I'm seeing similar results from Power Trip over Soul harvest on pretty much all fights. I think the jump in Power trip is resulting from higher haste totals as the expansion goes on. (more haste=more DE=More shards=more HOG=more dps)

Quote Originally Posted by Vonkraz View Post
    This was kinda the catalyst for this post. I tried out GOSup and jumped by 25kdps at least. I'm seeing similar results from Power Trip over Soul harvest on pretty much all fights. I think the jump in Power trip is resulting from higher haste totals as the expansion goes on. (more haste=more DE=More shards=more HOG=more dps)
    I was looking over my average casts of DE versus hand of Gul'dan to see how much I could "potentially" get in terms of soul shards. It looks good but honestly I hate manually casting doom. It drives me nuts. I miss my 60sec doom.

Deleted
    Service and Soul Harvest have never been the go to talents for ST. Go to build is: 32X1X32

My character is simming higher while using supremacy. But everyone keeps insisting that synergy is still the way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    My character is simming higher while using supremacy. But everyone keeps insisting that synergy is still the way to go...
    I encountered the same thing, tried it out and I was parsing much higher in EN. So I would give it a whirl and see how things play out.

EDIT: Also I may be incorrect about soul harvest but I know for a fact GOserv was beating out synergy for a good long while due to the extra scaling on Thalkiel's and demonbolt along with high uptime. On my parses It was not far behind my felguard in terms of damage dealt.
    Last edited by Vonkraz; 2016-11-03 at 07:06 PM.

I would love to try sup, but I have the legendary that buffs your DPS for summoning your doomguard.

I was looking over my average casts of DE versus hand of Gul'dan to see how much I could "potentially" get in terms of soul shards. It looks good but honestly I hate manually casting doom. It drives me nuts. I miss my 60sec doom.
    I hate manually casting Doom too (Because we all started with Hand and have been confortable with it so far lol), buy if you think about it it gives you more things to do during movements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    I feel like sim underestimate felguard dps just a bit and Synergy uptime are often higher than in sim(it is 55% in the sim), it involves RNGsus but for me Synergy always proc just before TKC come off cooldown and that makes me like Synergy more.