Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    So if I read this correctly the 8th episode of each shows in the crossover is titled Invasion. So of course I'm thinking we have :

Kid Flash
    Artemis
    Miss Martian
    Arsenal
    and a yet unnamed Superboy

so, without Robin and Aqualad do we essentially have Young Justice?

Yeah I know it's only wishful thinking, of course it doesn't bode well for Wally if it is.
    Always the chance cw picks up titans
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Last episode seemed so good. I might rate it as my 1-2 best episode of Flash.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Always the chance cw picks up titans
    i think CW will be pushing for a Superman tv show after how well received that new guy was on Supergirl.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Source?

Superboy sounds interesting
    Vegas82 lists one of the many sources for the episode titles in his post.

As for Superboy, Mon-El is actually Lar Gand, a member of the Legion of Superheroes which is based in the 31st century. Our most recent Superboy was Kon-El, or Connor Kent, a Superman clone. The comic book version of Connor came about after Superman's death, which didn't happen here, so that's a no go. The Young Justice version of Superboy came about from a Cadmus cloning experiment.

From here out its pure speculation, but unless the Legends drop off Mon-El in the 31st century (possible), Arrowverse will probably continue its blending of the comics characters. So Mon-El may stay in our times, and who doubts that fanboy Winn would name him something other than Superboy. So it won't be Kon, but Mon instead who takes up the mantle of Superboy (he's been wearing black shirts...hmmm).

Now another thing, again speculation, he could indeed be a Daxumite traveled to Earth, or he could still be a Cadmus clone implanted with memories of Daxum. Either way, they cannot use Kon-El, so they would have to use Mon-El, who happens to have Superboy's power set, and not Lar Gand's.

oh my is that Malfoy .. that's Barry's co-worker?

wow he's grown old, but they put him in the irrascible role he was cast in Harry Potter - that's not

- - - Updated - - -

I always thought Tom Felton was the best of the kid actors in Harry Potter, buy my oh my, it's amazing how we change from kids to adults - i didn't recognize it till this episode, something in the voice, then the blond hair ... I'm glad for him.

Looks like Julian Albert the gun wielding CSI is going to be in for the season.. you know I was suspecitng, still partially am, that he is Doctor Alchemy. But.... that seems less likely after this latest episode.

Yeah, I was figuring on a Jekyl/Hyde thing with Julian/ Alchemy, but seems unlikely. I do wonder if he'll be one of Alchemy's fixer-uppers though.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

wow he's grown old, but they put him in the irrascible role he was cast in Harry Potter - that's not

- - - Updated - - -

I always thought Tom Felton was the best of the kid actors in Harry Potter, buy my oh my, it's amazing how we change from kids to adults - i didn't recognize it till this episode, something in the voice, then the blond hair ... I'm glad for him.

Looks like Julian Albert the gun wielding CSI is going to be in for the season.. you know I was suspecitng, still partially am, that he is Doctor Alchemy. But.... that seems less likely after this latest episode.
    Yeah he aged REALLY badly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I knew I recognized him, but I had to go and check to make sure.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Given the history of this show I think you could put money on Julian being alchemy. But even more than a Jekyll/Hyde as he is completely unaware of alchemy. Jekyll at least took his potion voluntarily and knew he was changing.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Given the history of this show I think you could put money on Julian being alchemy. But even more than a Jekyll/Hyde as he is completely unaware of alchemy. Jekyll at least took his potion voluntarily and knew he was changing.

Honestly I would find that lame. Honestly I don't care who Alchemy is. It just isn't important. Dude feels more like a plot device. They have not given me any reason to want to know who he is.

He sounds like someone that may have tried to become a meta, got a philosophers stone, now has periods where he becomes Alchemy, but no real recollection of it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Y'all seriously didn't say "Draco?" the instant you saw him on screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Yeah he aged REALLY badly.
    You kidding? I went and looked at pictures between then and now. He just looks like an adult now.

Even as a kid he had really hooded eyes and a pretty severe face. He's pushin' 30 and he doesn't look like a child anymore. That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Al Desmond had the 60s-pop-culture version of Dissociative Identity Disorder, so Alchemy almost certainly has exactly that problem, yeah. And Julian would be an obvious choice.

Wow, didn't know that guy was Draco til I just read the last few posts.

I think his acting is better than anything he ever did as Draco. And the ash blond look is so 2000s, he looks better now.

i think its just the facial hair. take that away and he looks the same
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I noticed Tom Felton instantly, but I also don't quite understand how people have a hard time recognizing faces though.

Its like people getting Daniel Radcliffe and elijah wood mixed up because they are white men with bright blue eyes and ratty face shape.

Like really?

Anyway can someone explain to me why Barry Allen is such a gentlemen to woman? Flash from the animated series was always a bit of a sleaze and it was a nice departure from Batman and Superman who are basically A-sexual even though Superman has Lois.

Is that a CW thing? It's more than just one liners, its part of his relaxed attuide and charm while being one of the most powerful creatures in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    So if I read this correctly the 8th episode of each shows in the crossover is titled Invasion. So of course I'm thinking we have :

Kid Flash
    Artemis
    Miss Martian
    Arsenal
    and a yet unnamed Superboy

so, without Robin and Aqualad do we essentially have Young Justice?

Yeah I know it's only wishful thinking, of course it doesn't bode well for Wally if it is.
    I'm pretty sure that the Supergirl episode won't be titled Invasion!, since the only part of the Invasion! storyline that takes place in Supergirl is her being recruited at the end of one episode, and maybe her reappearing at the beginning of her next episode.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/flash-a...3-parts-564232

"The story that’s being told has a beginning, middle and end. It’s a beginning in The Flash, a middle in Arrow, and an end in Legends, but Supergirl is very much a part of the whole thing. So, we are crossing over four shows, but in three parts."

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Supergirl episode won't be titled Invasion!, since the only part of the Invasion! storyline that takes place in Supergirl is her being recruited at the end of one episode, and maybe her reappearing at the beginning of her next episode.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/flash-a...3-parts-564232
    Laaaaaaaaaaammmmeee

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    Anyway can someone explain to me why Barry Allen is such a gentlemen to woman? Flash from the animated series was always a bit of a sleaze and it was a nice departure from Batman and Superman who are basically A-sexual even though Superman has Lois.

Is that a CW thing? It's more than just one liners, its part of his relaxed attuide and charm while being one of the most powerful creatures in the universe
    Barry Allen in the comics was always kind of a straight-laced, stand-up sort of guy (silver-age, anyway). And also a huge dork. The animated Flash is like a mix of Barry Allen and Wally West with the snark dial turned to 11. Kinda like how the animated John Stewart is a lot more... serious and intense about the whole honor and duty thing than comics John is.

The animated guys are kinda caricature'y in that way, now that I think about it.

Animated series Flash was Wally, not Barry.

Animated series Flash was Wally, not Barry.
    Yes, but he had Barry's origin. They were like a merging of the two characters.