Hex nerfed or just bugged?

Couldn't find anything about this in hotfixes or patch notes, but hex no longer seems to reduce the aggro range of the target. Previously, both hex and rogue sap had the added effect where you could go past the target during the effect. If you stood directly on top of a hexed target, it might put you into combat, but the aggro range was significantly reduced.

Since Wednesday, this seems to no longer be the case. If I hex a hostile target, then move close to it, I get put into combat where I normally would aggro it. This affects some critical time savers in Mythic+, especially in Neltharion's Lair and Darkheart Thicket, but also some optional skips in Court of Stars. It also affects questing in Suramar, where Hexing a costume dispelling guard let you survive some of the quests there. Now, when you drop your disguise, the guards will get in combat and start pulling even more stuff in hex form.

I have not tested if sap has gotten the same treatment, or if this is only happening with some of the Hex variations (I'm using the 'vanilla' Hex spell which turns them into a frog), but I am hoping this is a bug. If not, Hex just became a Polymorph with a cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievr View Post
    If not, Hex just became a Polymorph with a cooldown.
    Polymorph also reduces aggro range, and it still did yesterday where we poly'd the first guard appearing in CoS to run passed it.

Hex - along with any form of cc - will still put you in combat if you approach the target. This means you can't hex/poly/sap a mob and run through it, without it running after you when the cc is over, aggroing everything along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyStanger View Post
    Hex - along with any form of cc - will still put you in combat if you approach the target. This means you can't hex/poly/sap a mob and run through it, without it running after you when the cc is over, aggroing everything along the way.
    This wasn't the case before. I could hex patrols in dungeons, and have the whole party run past them without getting in combat. It's been like this for quite a long time. Now that doesn't work anymore, which is something my group discovered the hard way. We thought combat had just bugged, mob came running with the rest of the instance. Luckily this was on heroic, but it could've easily destroyed a Mythic+ run.

Yes this definitely changed after 7.1. Situations where the group would CC a mob to bypass the pack, after the CC broke the entire pack would suddenly appear and cause chaos.

Not sure if this is intended or not, but it appears as though many packs can no longer be bypassed via cc.

Deleted
    had also situation in HoV+ , hex is not working like before

This wasn't the case before. I could hex patrols in dungeons, and have the whole party run past them without getting in combat. It's been like this for quite a long time. Now that doesn't work anymore, which is something my group discovered the hard way. We thought combat had just bugged, mob came running with the rest of the instance. Luckily this was on heroic, but it could've easily destroyed a Mythic+ run.
    Since legion came out if you got too close to a CC'd mob you'd get into combat with it, at least that's the way it works in open world stuff. Maybe that's what he was referring to.

it's really inconvenient but i think only rogue sap and DH cc doesn't aggro. polymorph and hex do from my experience

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree. With the old Hex you'd almost be able to touch the mobs before you aggroed them. Now it seems like all aggressive mobs will aggro instantly when you enter their aggro range. And sometimes combat won't even reset without killing that mob you hexed 50 mins ago lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also what I noticed since ~2 days is that hex doesn't break as easily from dmg as it used to do. For me it wouldn't really break from a flame shock on it before but it would from say a chain lightning. But now it wouldn't even break from 2 lava bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    Since legion came out if you got too close to a CC'd mob you'd get into combat with it, at least that's the way it works in open world stuff. Maybe that's what he was referring to.
    Even in Legion though you would not prior to 7.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I have also noticed that Hex will not reduce the mob's aggro range.

But luckily, as our group discovered in the last lockout, the frog will only pull the first person running past it into combat!

So we had a hunter led the way, and let him feign death after we all got to the other side. Then the whole group was safely out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleyne View Post
    I have also noticed that Hex will not reduce the mob's aggro range.

But luckily, as our group discovered in the last lockout, the frog will only pull the first person running past it into combat!

So we had a hunter led the way, and let him feign death after we all got to the other side. Then the whole group was safely out of combat.
    thanks for the tip.
    That's frustrating, that only our hard cc had nerfed.