Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Tryed your build and the classical one with frost mage for the whole night. I can say that it is very fun, and easy as hell to play, but it is really under the classical one based on ice lance
    I kept an overal dps of 265k with your build considering the whole dungeon while i had 300k with the classical one. I'm 864 with enough pieces for swapping onto mastery>crit so i used the right equip :P

With my Arcane gear (Mastery/Crit) I have 92% Mastery ( ) in Frost, I was thinking about trying that. I'll check it out after work today, will surely be interesting.

There might be something here... instead of focusing on ice lance focus on frostbolt, and then unload all your ice lances only when you have 2 or 3 stacks of chain reaction. Gaming chain reaction is the key here I think. Problem is, most people's ebonchills aren't setup the right way to even try this ( no icicle talents).

Must be. Might need to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by outcomeofcum View Post
    With 872 ilvl 79% mastery and 2 arcane legendaries, the most my GS crit for with this build was 2.3mil not sure how youre getting 5+ mil
    One key thing about hitting those huge Crit is understand how the ability work. GS it self doesn't do all that much damage, it's the 5 FB before GS. Mastery is what transfer the damage from FB to Icicles then to GS. By stacking mastery more of the damage from your frost bolt gets to your GS. So that being said you need to focus on how do you increase the damage of my frost bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    With my Arcane gear (Mastery/Crit) I have 92% Mastery ( ) in Frost, I was thinking about trying that. I'll check it out after work today, will surely be interesting.
    I need you to do something.

Go out into the broken isles, have a horde or alliance enemy wand you to get pvp mode after you put vargoths damage buff on yourself. That will put you in pvp mode, now I want you to have mage allies nova an enemy horde to allow each of your frostbolts to crit with deep shatter enabled all while you have the damage boost from icy veins / chilled to the core and rune of power under you.

For this magnificent glacial spike, then fire it at an elite until you get a crit.

We can't see the high end because none of us have such freakishly high mastery, but you do. Only YOU can see the potential heights of glacial spike, it takes a bit of setup... more than any human being would say is reasonable, but the potential is there, and much like a cpu under liquid nitrogen, we need to at least see what could be done.

ps, even if your spike hit a mob for 8 million, it would still not be enough to one shot an affliction lock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    with deep shatter enabled
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/5...glacial-spike/

And the dream dies.

Ok, ignore the pvp part then, take lonely winter, frostbolt damage boosting relics, and combine that with icy veins with chilled to the core and rune of power frostbolt spam, keep creating those super glacial spikes until you are lucking enough to have all 5 of the icicles be the shadow frost buffed ones, you won't be able to tell until the spike hits, but one of them should be massive.

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post
    Well im glad you do ok dps on short Mythic plus fights. To be competitive, i think the question relates to raiding.
    The aoe just isn't there for frost right now. Even with single target being better and 2 target cleave being okay. So much of EN and all of mythic + needs more then that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    We can't see the high end because none of us have such freakishly high mastery, but you do. Only YOU can see the potential heights of glacial spike, it takes a bit of setup... more than any human being would say is reasonable, but the potential is there, and much like a cpu under liquid nitrogen, we need to at least see what could be done.

ps, even if your spike hit a mob for 8 million, it would still not be enough to one shot an affliction lock.
    I feel so special now! The problem is my Ebonchill is level 5 in contrast to my 28 Aluneth, so I can't test the full potential. I'd imagine it can be simulated though.

I would like to see a simulation of this. I would do it myself, but have no clue how to write APLs.. Or whatever they're called.

I highly doubt it's better than the Haste/Crit because if it was any better, you'd see the top players in the world running with massive amount of mastery on frost.

I do not think that this build will work in any form of pvp, Just because of its lack of mobility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneazal View Post
    I do not think that this build will work in any form of pvp, Just because of its lack of mobility.

Or... you know, because of something called PvP templates? *facepalm*

Or... you know, because of something called PvP templates? *facepalm*
    Even with the templates you still out from crazy numbers but yes templates gets in the way

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I would like to see a simulation of this. I would do it myself, but have no clue how to write APLs.. Or whatever they're called.

I highly doubt it's better than the Haste/Crit because if it was any better, you'd see the top players in the world running with massive amount of mastery on frost.
    But aren't these "top" players focusing fire?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post

they are though. Look at xavius mythic/heroic both top parses are using GS build

Quote Originally Posted by noimawizard View Post
    they are though. Look at xavius mythic/heroic both top parses are using GS build
    That doesn't mean they're stacking Mastery.

Preheat of <Limit> was mythic raiding with the mastery glacial spike build last night for those interested in making it work.

Ebonbolt & pot prepull > Frozen Orb > Rune of Power > Icy Veins > Frostbolt x5 > Glacial Spike is the opener, then Frostbolt x5 into GS is basically your rotation, using Rune of Power with GS as appropriate. Use Flurry under the rule below.

Rules:
    - You don't Ice Lance ever unless you are out of Ice Floes and are moving (yes, that means ignore fingers of frost completely).
    - If Brain Freeze procs, make sure to release Flurry exactly at the end of a Frostbolt cast.
    - Never Ebonbolt outside of pre-pull

https://www.twitch.tv/preheat/v/98669302

1:42:00 for Xavius pull
    Last edited by Mazzeric; 2016-11-03 at 04:34 PM.

This stuff works, pretty incredible it does tbh.

I'd be interested to see what someone with a real proper setup can do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I'd be interested to see what someone with a real proper setup can do with it.
    So, exactly what I linked above? Granted he didn't have a full mastery setup but it definitely displays the spec's potential in good hands.

Also forgot to mention that for this spec he took the top path of talents, Shattering Bolts > Black Ice > Chilled to the Core, from there you would go to Chain Reaction and then (maybe) start using Ice Lances in the rotation