Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    ^ this guy, i didnt like the way tanks did shit, so i made my own tank, now its my way or the highway pal
    not calling you out specifically but why do tanks think they control the pace of the group?

I play a tank and I dont really feel like I control much apart from the pulls themselves - I have to judge what the group is capable of and then go from there

it goes both ways - I cant just join a random heroic and pull boss to boss like I want to.
    I also cannot just tab mmo-champion between every pull and go "hurr durr u pull it u tank it" when dps/healers are like wtf fuck this I dont have until Christmas

WoW is filled to the brim with piece of shit human beings. Just gotta let their filth roll off your shoulders.

I was told to "please go kill myself" the other day because I made the fatal mistake of forgetting to lust on the first boss.

You have to realize that many people ONLY have WoW as any sort of verification that their lives are worth anything. They take things way too seriously because they literally have nothing outside of Azeroth.

It's very frustrating to have a fun run spoiled by one of these sad people. I just pity them now instead of letting it affect me.

Quote Originally Posted by N0085T3RG0D View Post
    not calling you out specifically but why do tanks think they control the pace of the group?
    Because they actually do. More specifically, the combo of tank / healer control the pace. If your tank says "phone brb", the next boss isn't going to be pulled. If your healer sits down to drink, the next boss isn't going to be pulled. If one of your dps dies or is running back, in most cases the group is going to carry on without him.

This is true in dungeons, and true in raids. That's simply a fact of holy trinity gameplay, folks that dislike it can either get over it or go play GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    oh noez, OP can´t keep up with the rest of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    WoW is filled to the brim with piece of shit human beings. Just gotta let their filth roll off your shoulders.

I was told to "please go kill myself" the other day because I made the fatal mistake of forgetting to lust on the first boss.

You have to realize that many people ONLY have WoW as any sort of verification that their lives are worth anything. They take things way too seriously because they literally have nothing outside of Azeroth.

It's very frustrating to have a fun run spoiled by one of these sad people. I just pity them now instead of letting it affect me.
    Typically, the farther you get into an expansion, the more of this sort of behavior you start to see. People begin to significantly outgear content, and automatically assume that no one else in the group is an alt, or started late, or any number of other things. Combine that with a vastly inflated sense of what that persons time is worth, and you wind up with a pretty toxic community.

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    There is more than one way to speed run a dungeon. Your way is not the only way.

If I, the tank, take off on a different route than you are used to, saying "WAIT NOOB TANK STOP OMFG GG" is not the way to get us back on track. If you didnt want me to take the lead and go the route that I've used to farm over 50 3-chest runs then dont start the timer the second I zone in without saying a word. I don't mind learning new routes, but communication prior to starting the run is nice.

Thanks,

Your friendly neighborhood Firminator
    I feel as though you would be better served by saying something along these lines into party chat in groups you run dungeons with rather than shouting it into the abyss on a 3rd party WoW site's forum but hey that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If your tank says "phone brb", the next boss isn't going to be pulled. If your healer sits down to drink, the next boss isn't going to be pulled.
    TBH unless it's a mythic+ (at which point tank shouldn't be going afk anyway) I'll just heal a DPS through the dungeon if a tank is afk or trying to stomp his feet on a power trip over something. keeping a melee dps alive in 99% of 5 man content is nothing.
    Last edited by Shiftyfish; 2016-11-03 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyfish View Post
    I feel as though you would be better served by saying something along these lines into party chat in groups you run dungeons with rather than shouting it into the abyss on a 3rd party WoW site's forum but hey that's just me.
    Post was mostly meant to vent but also to hear other peoples opinion about the situation. There is also a .01% chance that someone reads it and says hey maybe I will do a ready check first next time.

I don't get it either. I basically follow the tank completely, and then give suggestions during downtime if there was actual real time savings.

I tanked last expac, and everbloom was my most hated dungeon. As a tank, I HATED that first skip - a lot of people just can't make the jump consistently, including myself. So I would always go around and pull the extra 2 packs. The amount of flak I got for that was insanity, considering how everyone was incredibly overgeared and it would take like 10 seconds to blow up the extra packs.

Mythic+ is slightly different, but even in a timed run, I would rather have the tank assess whether the group can do the skip properly, and assess his own confidence in doing the skip rather than risking wipes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man.....reading some of these comments....makes me so glad I have a guild to run M+ with. I don't ever want to go back to pugging.

There is more than one way to speed run a dungeon. Your way is not the only way.

If I, the tank, take off on a different route than you are used to, saying "WAIT NOOB TANK STOP OMFG GG" is not the way to get us back on track. If you didnt want me to take the lead and go the route that I've used to farm over 50 3-chest runs then dont start the timer the second I zone in without saying a word. I don't mind learning new routes, but communication prior to starting the run is nice.

Thanks,

Your friendly neighborhood Firminator
    So basically you're intentionally going against the grain of what every other tank in the game does because why exactly>?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

If we're trying to be constructive and help people understand why you should let the tank do the pulls, here's my input:

-Different tanks have their own challenges with picking up random adds - long cd aoe threat spells.

-Different tanks have a planned path, and have predetermined pulls they want to use their defensives on.

-Pulling an extra pack changes mob counts later in the run. This will slow down the whole run as the tank tries to determine how he/she will alter the original path before each pull.

-Tanks are used to assessing the overall dps of the group, and knows what packs they can survive and for how long based on their assessment of the group's dps. Dpsers are less likely to be aware of this metric.

Most, if not all of this, becomes irrelevant when the content is massively out-geared. A plate wearing dps in 870 gear could effectively act as the tank for a heroic and melt the dungeon with no issue at all.

It's not uncommon to see a dpser pull something and it resulting in a wipe, because they weren't thinking about all the factors involved. Most of the time it's no issue, but a wipe in a pug usually has a pretty big negative impact on the morale of the group. Especially early on in the run when the tank is still trying to determine the dps potential of the group. I try to alleviate this by asking the group once it is full, 'So, do we want to do a big first pull and blow cds?' Sometimes you'll get the, let's play it safe. Most of the time everyone is on-board.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So basically you're intentionally going against the grain of what every other tank in the game does because why exactly>?
    If that is what you got from my post then I feel sorry for you and for others receiving the same reading comprehension instruction that you did.

I clearly said I would love to have learned a new route, but the first mythic speed run I did of eye I did, the tank took a certain route. I learned said route, and use it in my runs. Had they communicated for 5 seconds, there would have been no problems.

But please keep bringing your micro aggression into every thread and looking for someone to disagree with.

If that is what you got from my post then I feel sorry for you and for others receiving the same reading comprehension instruction that you did.

I clearly said I would love to have learned a new route, but the first mythic speed run I did of eye I did, the tank took a certain route. I learned said route, and use it in my runs. Had they communicated for 5 seconds, there would have been no problems.

But please keep bringing your micro aggression into every thread and looking for someone to disagree with.
    You're not going to save this thread by flaming people. You might as well just let the thread die and let them have their fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    You're not going to save this thread by flaming people. You might as well just let the thread die and let them have their fun.
    LOL god you can't win with you people, what a bunch of fuckers you all are.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-11-03 at 05:54 PM.

Man, it feels good to have a guild.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

Glad I dont pug unless its to carry someone for gold or keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    I don't get it either. I basically follow the tank completely, and then give suggestions during downtime if there was actual real time savings.

I tanked last expac, and everbloom was my most hated dungeon. As a tank, I HATED that first skip - a lot of people just can't make the jump consistently, including myself. So I would always go around and pull the extra 2 packs. The amount of flak I got for that was insanity, considering how everyone was incredibly overgeared and it would take like 10 seconds to blow up the extra packs.

Mythic+ is slightly different, but even in a timed run, I would rather have the tank assess whether the group can do the skip properly, and assess his own confidence in doing the skip rather than risking wipes.
    Want to run Mythics together?

I'm tanking now, and it's insane how people just flip out about the littlest thing. Running with a person who has tanked, would be enjoyable.

I am on Zangermarsh - and all the decent guilds have left or are leaving, so having a good Mythic+ guild group is pretty hard to find. (I've been in 6 guilds since launch, all have left the server, or went casual. :/

Your menstruation is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfury View Post
    Man.....reading some of these comments....makes me so glad I have a guild to run M+ with. I don't ever want to go back to pugging.
    Yeah, same, looks like bunch of kids raging at each other and trying to brag who has longer e-peen. The attitude "I'm better than everyone and everyone who doesn't agree with me is shit" is what makes pugs so toxic.

And yeah, soon I will see brags at the level of "I eat m+15 for breakfast with my hand behind the back blindfolded while doing backflips and juggling torches therefore your argument is invalid". Ridiculous.

And yeah, Blizzard lied again that m+ won't be like cms about speedruns and skips but about "careful execution", but the whole "3 chesting" created exactly the same playstyle as cm had. Some people like speedruns. Not everyone does though.

Well, that's partially a player issue and partially blizzard's.

Actually pushing difficult content isn't really a speedrun. Issue is it's too rewarding to do low keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.