Simcraft/Pawn doubt

Hi everyone,

I have recently started dabbling a bit with Simcraft and Pawn and I have some doubts, hope you more saavy peeps can help me.

Currently Pawn is saying for me to trade up two higher ilvl pieces fwithout crit for the ones I have on me lower ilvl but with crit. I'd be going from 55% to 49-50% crit, my question is, can I trust Pawns assesment? I have to confess that loosing all this crit is hurting my brain a bit lol, I will make some tests on simcraft and the dummy tonight to see the changes though.

Second queststion is: when I compare trinkets pawn always puts Swarming plaguehive as the worst one, does it not consider the proc damage? It's like the other are up to 14k and plaguehive is around 9k but when I put them in simcraft plaguehive was a dps gain, what do I do in this case? Yes there is ilvl difference between the trinkets.

I'll export logs from tomorrow's raid and post thme here after as well for some critique.

Cheers,
    Light

As with sims, always remember what you are simming. I assume you imported the normal APL and are running a patchwerk sim. So yes those upgrades will make you do on average more damage against 1 target while standing still. You have to combine the sims with common sense to answer the question if you will do more damage.

As for the trinket, just check the damage output in the results. Do you see plaguehive damage in the list? Does the % of damage it do line up with your real world logs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LightBR View Post
    [...]can I trust Pawns assesment?[...]
    What stat weights do you use? If you use the built in ones, no you should not trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBR View Post
    Second queststion is: [...]does it not consider the proc damage?[...]
    It can't consider proc damage. Don't use it to compare trinkets (unless you are comparing stat sticks)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you using the default stat weighs or the ones you get after simming your character? The best way to see what you should use would be to sim your character with the gear pawn suggest and the one with 55% crit. If you for example switch a 830 chest with crit for a 860 crit, the increase in intellect might be worth it. But 49% is a bit low to play fire properly.
    And for the trinket results, use simcraft and ignore what pawn says.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    What stat weights do you use? If you use the built in ones, no you should not trust them.

It can't consider proc damage. Don't use it to compare trinkets (unless you are comparing stat sticks)
    I did not change anything, it is using the inbluit ones, how do I change the weights to better sim what I have?

As for answer number 2, I didn't know that tks for the advice.
    @Turtlebob: yes I imported from addon, didn't change a thing. Tks for the advice

Deleted
    You should calculate your own stat weights with simcraft to get the best (personalized) results for your character.

This video might help you
    (the guy in the video creates stat weights for single target, you should consider simming multi target as well)
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2016-11-03 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post

That is definitely not true for all trinkets. I know it works for Twisting Winds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlebob View Post
    That is definitely not true for all trinkets. I know it works for Twisting Winds.
    Just because it returns a number for the trinket that does not mean that it can calculate the proc correctly.
    In case of Twisting Winds it just takes the static int on it and multiplies it with whatever value you gave intellect. Proc not calculated at all.

Just to be clear:
    I'm talking about pawn here. Not simcraft.
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2016-11-03 at 05:38 PM.

use simc to calculate your own weights, import them into pawn, use pawn to decide on static-stat item upgrades. anything with a proc, on use, etc, will not be reflected properly in pawn, and you should sim the different choices individually for that (so trinkets, nibble ring, legendaries, etc)

Check altered-time.com, people there are crazy with sims.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-11-03 at 05:46 PM.