Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legendary gating ?

I saw this topic floating around redit and wanted to get some feed back. There seems to be some sort of gating system that only allows a player to attain a max of 4 legendaries. I've only heard of a few people that have more than 4 legendaries and they got the drops when the mysterious legendary pity timer was bugged. It also may have been implemented shortly after release due to people having extremely good luck.

I personally happen to have 4 legendaries and am in the top 30 US for artifact power earned. I did this by running a M+ carry group and also doing every single daily since release (emissary,heroic, pvp) plus all weekly raid bosses rf-heroic. Most of my carry group also has 4 legendaries, we run anywhere from 15-30 carry dungeons per day, which we mostly 3 chest. We were typically getting about 1 legendary for the group every few days before we hit this hidden cap of 4 legendaries per person. Since hitting this cap a littler over 3 weeks ago we have run 800 M+ carries, roughly 10,000 M+ chests between the four of us without a legendary drop. This is all speculation of course and could just be random coincidence or some sort of nerf to M+ drops. For my group however this cap or gate feels very real and has discouraged most of us from even playing the game at this point.

If anyone has feedback or knows of people that have more then 4 legendaries without the help of the pity timer bug please reply to this thread.

Edit: Also if anyone does have more 5, how long ago did they get the 5th.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-11-03 at 07:42 PM.

There's a way to test it. Make one of you play an alt. See if suddenly only that character starts getting legendaries at a rate you saw before. Report back minion.

Why would only having 4 legendaries stop you from playing the game? What do you need four of them for? You can only use two..

I have 3 and cant use one of them, so I dont get the point of complaining about this.

They should just get rid of legion style legendaries all together and just turn the current legendaries into epic gear, and keep the same exact stats/equip bonus/drop rate.

Legendaries should be exactly what theyre called - legendaries. They should be an extremely rare piece of gear that only a very small % of the playerbase gets. A quest item with a <1% drop rate that drops, and starts a quest to get the legendary or something similiar. Bring back the old legendary system, not this welfare legendary system where if you play enough, you can have 3-4 of them within 2 months of the release of an xpac.

we had a guy in our guild with 5.... so no stop trying your conspiracy theories

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy4269 View Post
    snip

Legendaries should be exactly what theyre called - legendaries. They should be an extremely rare piece of gear that only a very small % of the playerbase gets. A quest item with a <1% drop rate that drops, and starts a quest to get the legendary or something similiar. Bring back the old legendary system, not this welfare legendary system where if you play enough, you can have 3-4 of them within 2 months of the release of an xpac.
    Well, too late for that. Better get used to it. And: Definition of welfare is actually giving something for nothing. So your statement of "welfare legendary system where if you play enough ..." is a bit of a oxymoron. (Just for the uneducated: This has nothing to do with a "moron").

As for why: There are (I think) 8 legendaries out there for your spec (with some being cross-spec or even cross-class). In most cases, there are 2 that are a substantial increase to your performance (tank/heal/dps) and some others that are highly situational. I am currently OK with this as I always assumed that eventually, you will get all of them anyway, which would then solve the issue of not only needing RNG luck for getting them but then also RNG luck on top of that to get the "right" one(s).

However, reading that there might be a (hidden) cap, I would really be somewhat upset, as that would make those poor chaps who only have gotten "bad" ones so far even less lucky.

Anyways. It's not a perfect system, but it is there now and we'll have to get the best we can out of it.

Deleted
    Why would only having 4 legendaries stop you from playing the game? What do you need four of them for? You can only use two..

I have 3 and cant use one of them, so I dont get the point of complaining about this.

They should just get rid of legion style legendaries all together and just turn the current legendaries into epic gear, and keep the same exact stats/equip bonus/drop rate.

are you serious ????

Its not about the amount.... its about the RIGHT ITEM

Legendaries should be a lot more common, but carry randomised secondary stats.

That way you can collect them all, and still get excited when one you've already got drops, because there's a good chance it could be an upgrade.

It would be interesting to know the answer to this. Blizzard's lack of transparency on legendaries has been disappointing.

Separately, I cant imagine how bored you must be of dungeons, raids and all content to date really, and only 2.5 months into the expansion.

They've comfirmed it to be NO TIMER on the "pity" thing.

I've gotten two so far, both have basically zero dps utility, but still good because of stats (Chest and Head).
    Still salty about the people who got their BiS one's.....
    Come Nighthold, I won't be able to keep up, because the BiS legendaries ARE gamechanging, in the hands of a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    They've comfirmed it to be NO TIMER on the "pity" thing.
    its based on chance

each time you open a cache
    each time you beat a boss
    your chance to get one on the next chance, is increased

Legendaries should be exactly what theyre called - legendaries. They should be an extremely rare piece of gear that only a very small % of the playerbase gets. A quest item with a <1% drop rate that drops, and starts a quest to get the legendary or something similiar. Bring back the old legendary system, not this welfare legendary system where if you play enough, you can have 3-4 of them within 2 months of the release of an xpac

So much fucking YAWN. The same thing said over and over again.
    Times change, shit moves on. Maybe you should do the same instead of being stuck in the past.

jezus h christ, are you really complaining you only have 4 LEGENDARY items...
    most people don't even have one let alone a good one.
    wow...wow heh

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    wow...wow heh
    yeah, that's what hes complaining about

nice job on that reading man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    wow...wow heh
    Having 4 bad legendaries can be worse than having the one legendary that's your BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Having 4 bad legendaries can be worse than having the one legendary that's your BiS.
    Having literally anything other than the assassination rogue execute bracers might as well be an 895 purple for an assassination rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Having literally anything other than the assassination rogue execute bracers might as well be an 895 purple for an assassination rogue.
    yeah must suck having a 40 second CD on vendetta
    or a flat ~5-6% dmg increase from the ring

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    ok if you guys are so blind to see the insanity you are talking about i can't stay in this discussion..
    Wow and people think the "LFR heroes" are entitled.../groan

Deleted
    Orange is the new purple

^
    Theres even a quest in legion that is called like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    It would be interesting to know the answer to this. Blizzard's lack of transparency on legendaries has been disappointing.

Separately, I cant imagine how bored you must be of dungeons, raids and all content to date really, and only 2.5 months into the expansion.
    Given the scaling difficulties in M+ we don't really get bored, tired maybe.
    I was hesitant to post this thread but felt obligated because community deserves to review my groups data. Was not aware till recently and it's not confirmed but we may have the most M+ dungeons run in the U.S.

If there is a legendary gate or cap the community deserves to know about it. I'm sure many would appreciate Blizzard shedding some light on this, to avoid players grinding for no reason and potential burning out.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-11-03 at 06:38 PM.