Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    Honestly, with the DC buff, It's typically 3rd or 4th on my damage done list, and I also use it about ever 3d or 4th global and try not to cap it. You're right that capping RP isn't that big of a deal, but as long as I have 3 runes regenerating it's never a DPS loss to DC.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...%240&source=25

It's 4th on my damage there at 9.92%.
    Can I ask why you're running Unholy Frenzy? It seems to be common among the top ranking UH DKs but I've been using Castigator forever
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Can I ask why you're running Unholy Frenzy? It seems to be common among the top ranking UH DKs but I've been using Castigator forever
    He has the bracers, you use Unholy Frenzy then because you can keep up the buff 80+% of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunaxor View Post
    He has the bracers, you use Unholy Frenzy then because you can keep up the buff 80+% of time.
    Maybe I'm super dense, but how do the bracers effect the uptime? You're always popping wounds, the only thing that the bracers change is the number of wounds popped. If anything I feel like it would be hard to keep that buff up if you're spending more GCDs stacking wounds without Castigator and less time popping them.

The buff is 2s per wound popped. With the bracers you frequently pop more than 2 wounds at a time, and a 5 proc gives you the buff for 10s. You end up FSing WAY more, and is a significant portion of your damage. Thus, with the bracers, the uptime is near 100% and it makes you auto attacks a much higher % of your damage, as you can see in the log I posted. You'll also notice I have the 10% auto attack damage ring from CoS/Arc, which is just gravy.

From a pure path stand point, Cast is about resources, which isn't exactly a huge DPS increase. It works if you stack the hell out of crit, but you don't want much more than 25-30% with bracers because of DR. As such, UF gives a consistent and quantifiable dps increase. Also, Unholy Crusader proc's go through the roof. It is a flat chance on auto attack. Look at the buffs section of my log and look at the uptime on UC. It's insane. That's why that artifact trait is our top.

You'll also notice I run infected claws instead of necrosis or Shadow infusion. A lot of people complain about bad FS procs on wounds or getting to 6/7 wounds and having to FS to 8 for Apoc. IC basically fixes that. It provides a very smooth gain to wounds over the course of a fight and always bumps me from 7>8 wounds for Apoc in a matter of seconds. It's something like an extra 50-70 wounds over the course of a 6m fight. It also directly offsets the wound generation lost from swapping off of castigor. I also pretty heavy favor mastery. I'm at about 22% crit, 22% haste, and 59% mastery. I still don't trust Versitility.

OT, Scourge of Worlds is one of those nice to have procs, but it should not dictate your rotation. I straight ignore it. Not that everyone should, but I've found that following a pretty basic priority system nets me more damage.

You'll net more overall if you bring up your Vers Vycaus, having at least 5%, (6.5% is the breakpoint before Mastery pulls ahead as the go to dump stat).
    @Rixark to explain UF with the bracers, as I was one of the people who initially did work to find that it was better.
    UF has a higher damage ceiling compared to Castigator with the bracers. Castigator also carries the high chance of potential lost damage from over popping wounds that aren't on the target, as you can potentially go from 8 to 0 wounds in 1 GCD. On Castigator, UF or CS you would use SS/CS on 5 wounds, but the potential lost damage is much higher as Castigator than UF.
    UF has a higher damage ceiling, with also having it's low end of damage being only slightly below what Castigator's average with the bracers is. It's a more consistant form of dps, however it also carries the problem of that it suffers from downtime heavily.

With that being said the stat set that you go for UF, works very well with CS as well. In a fight with a lot of movement or downtime on the boss, CS offers the option of not having to change around gear, yet still maximize the bracers. The general switch point from using Castigator to UF is 25% crit, 21% haste and then you can safely switch. From there you go for 6.5% Vers then you dump into mastery. Dropping crit to ~22% is fine when you do the switch, and overall the stat set works perfect for UF or CS. More or less you won't change the other talents around which are BS, PP and IC, but if you're guna be moving a lot or out of range, you have options.

With all that being said, Castigator can be used with the bracers very effectively. All three of the talents in that tier can be used with the bracers to a great deal of effectiveness. It just so happens that UF has the highest ceiling of damage with the most flexibility of switching talents out.

Also in general if you have the bracers you won't care for SoW as much as others. Which is worth being noted because when you don't have em you try to maximize it's effect if you can, with the bracers you worry about wounds more than anything as they will hands down be your top damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    You'll net more overall if you bring up your Vers Vycaus, having at least 5%, (6.5% is the breakpoint before Mastery pulls ahead as the go to dump stat).
    @Rixark to explain UF with the bracers, as I was one of the people who initially did work to find that it was better.
    UF has a higher damage ceiling compared to Castigator with the bracers. Castigator also carries the high chance of potential lost damage from over popping wounds that aren't on the target, as you can potentially go from 8 to 0 wounds in 1 GCD. On Castigator, UF or CS you would use SS/CS on 5 wounds, but the potential lost damage is much higher as Castigator than UF.
    UF has a higher damage ceiling, with also having it's low end of damage being only slightly below what Castigator's average with the bracers is. It's a more consistant form of dps, however it also carries the problem of that it suffers from downtime heavily.

With that being said the stat set that you go for UF, works very well with CS as well. In a fight with a lot of movement or downtime on the boss, CS offers the option of not having to change around gear, yet still maximize the bracers. The general switch point from using Castigator to UF is 25% crit, 21% haste and then you can safely switch. From there you go for 6.5% Vers then you dump into mastery. Dropping crit to ~22% is fine when you do the switch, and overall the stat set works perfect for UF or CS. More or less you won't change the other talents around which are BS, PP and IC, but if you're guna be moving a lot or out of range, you have options.

With all that being said, Castigator can be used with the bracers very effectively. All three of the talents in that tier can be used with the bracers to a great deal of effectiveness. It just so happens that UF has the highest ceiling of damage with the most flexibility of switching talents out.

Also in general if you have the bracers you won't care for SoW as much as others. Which is worth being noted because when you don't have em you try to maximize it's effect if you can, with the bracers you worry about wounds more than anything as they will hands down be your top damage.
    Ah I see. I didn't know that the buff stacked, as I have never even used it. I don't have the bracers either... just Magnum Opus. But I'll keep this info in mind if they do ever drop. Fingers crossed haha.