Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does the frost artifact stand up as a good one? are the abilities cool?

Any thoughts?

I am going through altitus. have a bunch of melees. can't decide so picking at straws to determine which one to move forward with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Has a passive ability for the 1st skill...

When you finally get the active ability from the artifact it has 5 minutes cooldown.

IMHO one of the worst artifact weapons of the expansion by far, if not THE worst.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yeah the frost artifact in of itself is pretty poor, a very stupid passive that honestly makes no sense for frost.

The Active gold trait is nice, but not a 5 minute cool down nice.

Deleted
    no. probably one of the worse.

i actually think its great, and the arttifact ability is one of the strongest ability from any class in the game, it also looks great.. If the CD was any shorter it would be brokenly overpowered. If you think frosts artifact is bad you havent played any other classes.

Honestly I think Sindy could use a CD reduction, considering Strike of the Windlord hits about as hard with a fraction of the CD. Getting to use it twice on Xavius to scumbag on tentacle damage is fun though.

I think the artifact itself is interesting but I agree that it feels really unsatisfying that the artifact ability is completely passive with zero player interaction.

Other artifact abilities seem alter the playstyle of the spec at least a little bit but Frost's is just...kinda there. I think a big issue I have with it is that it's incredibly bland visually, I don't notice it at all until after the fighting is over and maybe it actually does decent damage idk but I don't really ever notice the damage or benefit of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siyalib View Post
    i actually think its great, and the arttifact ability is one of the strongest ability from any class in the game, it also looks great.. If the CD was any shorter it would be brokenly overpowered. If you think frosts artifact is bad you havent played any other classes.
    Syndragosa isn't the artifact ability it is just a gold trait in the artifact, the actual ability is the ghost swords you summon that attack stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty horrible, but the Sindragosa animation is fucking ace.

That's a shame the entire way the DK frost fights is so cool with all the frost abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Siyalib View Post
    The only worse one is affliction warlock....every other one is miles better.

Frost has a very boring artifact tree. A passive at level 1, 2 passive golden traits and Sindy on a 5 min CD. Unholy isn't much better but Apocalypse is the coolest ability ever IMO and helps form the backbone of the Unholy playstyle because of it's relatively low CD at 1.5 min.

Frost is boring but thanks to the latest tuning parse and zero ramp it's an effective spec, Unholy on the other hand has a much better designed artifact and playstyle but absolutely no reward for bothering with it.

Deleted
    Why they didn't have sindragosa ability on a shorter CD as the main artifact ability my brain will never comprehend.

Deleted
    Sadly frost and blood is pretty underwhelming, but then again, they compete with the awesomeness that is apocalypse.

Deleted
    I'm outing myself, I think that the Frost-Artifact Weapons look really cool.
    I would go as far as saying that they are the favorite looking swords in the game (IMO).
    However, the Unholy Hidden-Skin is a close second... but that thing does not count as a Sword .

The first Frost-Abilitys is a bit boring, but the Artifact-Tree evolves once more Levels are reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Honestly I think Sindy could use a CD reduction, considering Strike of the Windlord hits about as hard with a fraction of the CD. Getting to use it twice on Xavius to scumbag on tentacle damage is fun though.
    Only Twice?
    Last edited by mmoccd570e1571; 2016-11-04 at 04:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    It's pretty horrible, but the Sindragosa animation is fucking ace.
    This. The unholy one is way better. I still hate crystalline swords so much, it upsets me to look at them.

7+ Year Old Account
    All around friggin terrible artifact.

Entirely boring traits
    Base artifact skill is a VERY BORING AND VISUALLY LAZY passive
    Sure, we get an ability later but the CD is waaaaaaay too long, also the only class who has to invest AP to get their ability
    Is a pair of swords instead of the real Frostmourne (I hope the dev who decided on that gets fired, jack#$%)
    Poorly balanced spec all around, will require constant bandaid fixes through the expac to stay viable.
    Extremely poor class fantasy that can not be realised in an MMO due to balance.
    Spec image is utterly asinine, what kind of moron wears probably the heaviest plate armour in the game while using a pair of swords for extremely fast paced combat, while being slow moving?

Ok, yeah, some of those don't have to do with the artifact, but they are still valid concerns.

About the only thing i feel they got right with the artifact is the base skin, looks pretty damn rad. Shame the rest of the skins got the paddle bat treatment and look completely stupid.

I find the crystalline swords to be extremely lack luster \. Don't have their own animation which is saddening and just float in the air. Could've copied the animation from Naxxramas's floating weapons or perhaps something better. At this point prefer anything else than just floating swords.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    I find the crystalline swords to be extremely lack luster \. Don't have their own animation which is saddening and just float in the air. Could've copied the animation from Naxxramas's floating weapons or perhaps something better. At this point prefer anything else than just floating swords.
    They are pretty meh yeah. I don't get why they don't act like the dancing rune weapons from blood, those are animated.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Has a passive ability for the 1st skill...

When you finally get the active ability from the artifact it has 5 minutes cooldown.

IMHO one of the worst artifact weapons of the expansion by far, if not THE worst.
    agreed. Frost artifact is complete garbage. I expected miles better from the motherfucking FROSTMOURNE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Unholy isn't much better
    I disagree. The perks in the unholy artifact add fun elements to the game. Such as making the ghouls explode upon death, making the ghouls apply stacking debuffs and Dots on their targets, causing DC to increase the damage of SS/CS, and lets not forget about the shambler.

All of these sound MILES better than the boring passive increases that are in the frost artifact

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    also the only class who has to invest AP to get their ability
    Not exactly.

BM hunters also have to invest AP to get an artifact ability. Ditto for Holy Priests.

This is at least made up for them because their artifacts have interesting perks that alter their gameplay in fun ways. Rather than lackluster flat passive increases

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    One of the worst but it actually looks nice.

WTB -1,5m CD from IBF trait :P