Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    sure but alot of them are just recycled contents, Blizzard sure has gotten good at these.

Also this is by far the worst expansion for alts and late players. I'm still stuck on the class hall timer for 2 legendary and will be for a long time, how are you suppose to compete if you started the game late?

Then they buffed frost and leave unholy dk to die, I have 0 relics, 0 legendary, and no artifacts for frost. The way how this expansion works is just bad
    I totally disagree, recycled content how? dont you think that statement is a bit over the top? even if that was true what do you expect from a MMO-standpoint, they should come up with totally new stuff all the time? Be fair man but just pulling shit like this out of your pants just doesnt make sense

Clearly having repeatable content isn't a good idea since there's so many people like this who can't handle the responsibility. GG Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Of course there was. There's always going to be a best option for any given situation. But choice can go a long way, especially if you're not playing in the 1% that are only concerned with downing bosses as fast as possible. Maybe you want to go with a weird hybrid build because you find it fun and like the way it plays when you're questing or farming mats or whatever. I remember as lat as wrath there was a hybrid DK build that didn't go deep in any of the three trees that was super fun to play. Not everyone used the cooke cutter builds, the raiders did though.

- - - Updated - - -

Viable for what?
    Dungeons?
    Raids?
    Leveling?
    PvP?
    Soloing?

There wasn't a single build for all those activities for most classes. Not everyone played the game just to raid, and they still don't.
    You do realize it's like that now right? If I'm looking for fun I'll take different talents than I do while raiding. Same goes for questing or mat farming. What you described is what we have now. I also take different talents for pvp. It's the same thing.

Not everyone uses the cookie cutter builds now either.

Technically each emissary is on a time limit separately. If you ignore the first and do the last two the first will still expire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    people these days are so soft. they dont know what it was like to grind essence of water at level 57 in vanilla or farm grey/white items in EP just to vendor them for gold. or to farm all the damn reps in tbc for heroics. need i mention the egg hunting for netherdrakes? the countless dailies in icecrown and argent tournament. for the first time in 12 years the game doesnt actually feel like a painful grind because of the diversity of tasks.
    How about farming for shadowresgear + shadowpots in TBC because ONE FIGHT lol mother shahraz anyone?
    Its clearly ppl are just spolied brats, if things dont come easy they come crying on the forums....what are people / players becoming?
    its embarassing

People pay 60 bux for single player games, play it for 20-30 hours and they are done and perfectly happy with it.
    But when they play a WoW expansion for 8 hours a day for 2 months aka 480 hours they wonder why it's start to be boring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Basically this. They time and reputation gated almost literally everything in this expansion, and the stuff they didn't is either not worth it (like 80% of the world quests that offer nothing useful) or is just the worst possible grind of the entire game (artifact power).

The fact that Blizzard has so many people so well trained to knee-jerk defend Legion, just because WoD was slightly worse, is astounding to me. How anybody can legitimately say

is just...jesus. Blizzard ringing that bell that gets you salivating nice and well.

Essentially if you're not doing raiding, you're regulated to just running the same dungeons over and over and over slightly harder. Much fun.
    Problem is from within yourself, you cant handle that ppl actually dont AGREE with you. Get off your high horse and accept that ppl ENJOY the game.
    Whats the point beeing a small angry kid on a forum anyway? what do you get out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by freqs View Post
    I found myself playing WoW 8+ hours a day after legion launched til about end of October. I have 4 alts level 110, 860+ ilvl. I use to do emissary cache everyday, lfr, normal, heroic EN, rated pvp weekly for every character. Now, this past week, I found myself barely playing more than 2+ hours a day now. Stopped doing the emissary for 2 of the 4 characters, stopped doing LFR/normals EN, and never planning to run karazhan ever again.

Is this a case of burnout? Do you guys see yourself playing the game less and less? Am I just tired of the grind legion provides (repeatable WQ/mythic+/etc)?

This is the same thing that happened in WoD as well. I stopped playing after a month in, but a lot faster (after the release of normal/heroic high maul raid).
    d'uh.. ofc you're going to burn out if you play that much ... no matter how good it is, if you binge there is going to be a come down at some point

Cut down on days and hours outside of raiding, no wonder you get burned out when playing 8+ hours a day lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    What? WQs are pure repetition, Dungeons are the same, no matter if you add some extra mechanics at mythic(+), and playing alts is not viable anymore, so you don't even get much variation in play style.
    So you want 24 dungeons instead of the 10 ish you have now? whats the point of that you will get bored anyway, there is NO number that beats boredom. Eventually you just get bored of things, even your favorite food. Mythic + offers depth to the dungeon experience like mythic raiding to raids. Its like saying ive done LFR i dont need to do mythic raiding its almost the same man fucking bullshit game.....like for real?

What i get from your reply is that you might just be a bit bored overall of Wow? holding on too tight and cant let go? You have the option to play when you want, pay for 1 month and then unsub for 2 and come back for content patches. What are you whining about? There are other games out there you know

And i totally disagree about WQ feeling repetetive, have you been around earlier expansions? lol you wouldnt be saying this if you had been. You should have played when timeless isle was released or when dailiequests came around in TBC i think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I've seen plenty of people talk about the "legion grind" yet Legion offers the most gameplay options and the LEAST repeatable content at max level that WoW ever has.
    that, is flat BS...but im not tired of it yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    What you are actually describing is being a casual though. That has nothing to do with Classic OR Legion, you are only describing your own state of play.
    There is no such thing as a 4 hour run of BRD. You are describing wiping or being afk for a few hours. Even if you are doing a quest run, the place takes 2 max. Its honestly shorter than Kara per effort at this point, considering the kara bosses have actual mechanics and that's not factoring in Nightbane.

Furthermore, you wouldn't be getting hand of justice in a run like this, you would be targeting Emp runs if you were after it, which are 20 minutes MAX. You run through the lava and kill 3 bosses then go reset it.

Even worse is the way you describe the gearing process. "The low chance of getting that trinket you'll be using for months" has an even HIGHER chance of happening in Legion with the Titanforging system. Gear that "might be replaced tomorrow" is called being a casual as well. Go do content that matters and you won't be getting upgrades a day later unless you are extremely lucky with an 895 drop.

Really, this is the major flaw with classic to Legion comparisons. There are ways to play Classic seriously just as there are in Legion, but for a casual who never aspires to play the game in a progressive fashion, there are a lot of pitfalls that make Legion seem like a struggle.

The funniest thing to me about all that is that most people wouldn't reach 60 if they are going to take a 4 hour approach to a dungeon with zero mandatory bosses, so its all just a bit counter intuitive.
    Amen to that!

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by mmoc5cdcc17479; 2016-11-04 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    What? You do realize there were cookie cutter builds back then too right? It was just as streamlined as it is now. You went online (most likely to elitistjerks) to see which build is the best. Then, you'd use that build. That's how it went.

How do people just forget this? It's like they have no idea what vanilla was actually like. That or rose tinted glasses are messing with people pretty bad.
    I don't quite agree with that. Warlock had 2 builds for raid dps and even those had "free choice" talents depending on how you wanted to play outside raids and whether you used curses/healthstones. I had a really hard time deciding which one to take.
    Mages have a lot of choice while levelling, right now I want it all but I have to choose aoe, single target, cc or some kinda hybrid.
    Right now, at least as a paladin, there's nothing to choose that would change significantly what I do.

On topic itself. I feel the same. The grind feels so useless. Endless artifact power and rep, which won't even matter next month so why bother grinding them? Going from mythic +5 to mythic +6. What's the point?
    It would be cool if there was a tier of dungeons, some were significantly harder and others easier. Maybe new difficulties made bosses/mobs gain new abilities too. Some dungeons could be full single target dmg, others mostly aoe. ST healing and aoe healing, some where hots and absorbs would shine, some where heal dps with very little healing required, but enough that healer is required. Maybe some with 2 heal or 2 tank required?
    Artifact power could make you specialize in aoe, cleave or single target with a significant cost to change.

Main point:
    Personally I think the game needs better variety. Everything feels so similar.
    As a holy paladin I pretty much just have wings. If they aren't available and big trouble comes it's most likely a wipe. There's no panic or feelings since there's nothing unexpected. Just use that one button or die if it's on cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    It's Grindy, alt unfriendly, and require tons of time
    I have 4 110, and i play 2/3 hours a day during week, and a bit more on weekend.
    You can gear them at 840+ ilvl in 3 days, maybe the hardest part is breaking 810 ilvl (if you don't want to craft thing), once you go to HC it's easy walk.
    Of course if you want 10+ alt ready for myt raiding with max AP and AK, it's another story.
    For everything else, you will be fine with the easy first gold dragon.

get a life
    welfare scrunger only play video games get a work stop living in ur mum basement
    playing 8 hours a day vidoe games = fail

So your entire endgame is just WQ? You skip everything else?
    Dungeons are boring as hell - don't see any difference between Mythic now and Heroic in WoD, it's just the same faceroll, no gameplay interest.
    Mythic+ is a complete bore and I absolutely despise it - we have had four expansions based on rushing content already, and it's also completely anti-immersive.
    EN is also rather boring, the fights are pointlessly convoluted and not fun, and I dislike the scenery. Though it, at least, provides some measure of actual progression that is not just "bigger ilvl".
    The story outside of Suramar is shitty, with horrible writing and forgettable characters.
    The dailies are just repetitive and not immersive, more akin to a Facebook game than an actual RPG.

When it's not raid time, if I log in I just see a sea of gamey grind to do. I don't feel at all as a hero fighting evil or doing great deeds, I feel like a player in a game which is only about farming.
    After 12 years of playing Legion has actually got far more to do at max level than any other expansion at launch.
    LOL

No it doesn't. On the contrary, I never felt with so little to do save for WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    And because the game actually was more mysterious and took more time. But more importantly it had its quirks and a lot of depth to character customization and progression which in my mind are the most important parts of an RPG. Streamlining, balancing and lack of adventure may be good for accessibility and making sure you have the exact same experience no matter what choices you make but it kills some of the fun and immersion.
    Doing a 4 hour run in BRD for the low chance of getting that trinket you know you'll be using for months was a lot more enjoyable to me than trying to run through a mythic+ dungeon in as little time as possible for a reward that might be replaced tomorrow.
    You just read my mind. Every single word in this post is exactly like I feel. It's so perfectly spot-on, it's nearly creepy.

I've seen plenty of people talk about the "legion grind" yet Legion offers the most gameplay options and the LEAST repeatable content at max level that WoW ever has.
    I give that mental gymnastics exercise 9/10.

The whole game is about farming and grinding. I'm also bored with it, and have been that for a very, very long time (until the new expansion hits, and there's the leveling & questing to be done). It's not about legion, it's not about any other expansion.It's about the game in whole.

It takes quite a bit of grind to do end game content though.
    For many classes, raid gear is crap. You're forced to spam mythic+ dungeons to get the gear you "need" and then theres the AP grind, legendary grind.

It takes way more time in this expantion compared to... any other expnation really. Even back in TBC you only had to do most dungeons a few times, not spam the same crap over and over again. Theres also the fact that you'll need to keep doing these dungeons for years.

So yeah, Legion really is a disappointment.

8+ hours a day, 7 days a week, 4 toons at 110 @860 ilvl

smells like burnout to me
    <insert witty signature here>