Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nightbane timer

So when I was watching streams of this run last week, it was adding 7 minutes each time and was stacking time on top of additional timer.

This week it appears to be adding 5? Or was I mistaken previously.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2016-11-03 at 06:23 AM.

Just tested- you still get leftover time from the initial 8m hidden timer, crystals still add 5 minutes.

no it still adds up
    maybe you just did it slower

first crystal is 8 minutes the rest is 5

Ah OK, it's only adding 5 minutes. Weird, could have swore it was 7 minutes each when I was watching streams.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably went upto 7 minutes as they had 2 minutes left when they clicked the next crystal?

Deleted
    Another useful utility for rogues. Without one, it is actually quite challenging to make the first crystal...

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Another useful utility for rogues. Without one, it is actually quite challenging to make the first crystal...

First one is pretty easy. Do one big long pull all the way to the stage (have one person go start the event once the tank aggros the last pack). Do boss, kill backstage in one pull. Invis pot past the people under the stage. Clear one quadrant of adds in the audience and get crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    What can rogues do to make the first crystal? I play one an I want to push my group just that bit faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlebob View Post
    First one is pretty easy. Do one big long pull all the way to the stage (have one person go start the event once the tank aggros the last pack). Do boss, kill backstage in one pull. Invis pot past the people under the stage. Clear one quadrant of adds in the audience and get crystal.
    lol thats like 30 mobs, no way in hell you're tanking that many

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Actually did that last night, just bunch up the top hallway and DPS them to half or so, then do an AOE slow and run downstairs to grab the rest.

So we did clear Karazhan and wanted to reset the instance to do nightbane but the instance reset feature doesnt work. Do we have to wait for reset or is there a way to force it.

That's probably the easiest pull in the dungeon for speed running, most of the shitstorm is the pennies from heaven, as long as you dodge that and have maybe 1 aoe stun it's not a difficult pack- you can use literally every cooldown on it, they're snarable, and have a good corner to LoS into on the stage and start the RP for opera. Half of its dead from dots and cleave by the time you make it to the stage anyway.

You can do it some other way? There are 4 pulls - from entrance to opera, next opera backstage, then backup singers under opera, then the audience..

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly how our group did it

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Actually did that last night, just bunch up the top hallway and DPS them to half or so, then do an AOE slow and run downstairs to grab the rest.
    If you have a resto druid (like me!!) you can send them ahead in stealth cat form+dash+displacer beast+shadowmeld and run past all the mobs to start the event. We usually start it within 30-40 seconds of opening the door

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

We pull every mob to opera and aoe it down no prob.

Deleted
    We always do it like that, In fact we even kill all the mobs under the stage, some good stuns and healer pulls 500k aoe dps and it's nemas problemas.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlebob View Post
    You dont even need invis pots for the ones underground, I did it last week and we still had like 2 min before the 8 min was over. The first timer is separate and isnt added to the other so it doesnt really matter if you take 7 or 5 min on it

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    So we did clear Karazhan and wanted to reset the instance to do nightbane but the instance reset feature doesnt work. Do we have to wait for reset or is there a way to force it.
    Get on an alt with a fresh ID, invite people with it as a group leader, then pass the group to someone else and make the switch (when people are inside the dungeon).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Probably went upto 7 minutes as they had 2 minutes left when they clicked the next crystal?
    same thoughts

I am a menace to my own destiny.

It's no problem, don't even need heroism or cooldown spam to survive it