Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Correct. He did his weekly quest, got his gold, then proceeded to keep killing it until he got the drop a few times later.
    Either way, now irrelevant: see Hotfixes Nov 3

/thread

Okay. What the hell?!

http://imgur.com/a/wPrpH

How the hell was he able to obtain those?!
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

so this dk seems to have them in game and armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Venan/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Shartay View Post
    Either way, now irrelevant: see Hotfixes Nov 3

/thread
    Hidden Artifact appearances that drop off World Bosses should now be guaranteed on a kill.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...es-november-3/

Great news, at least we will be getting it then when the boss is finally available.

Now to get my reputations up just in case...

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Maybe this change so recently after they made the statement about ours dropping from a world boss is an indicator that our world boss will be next week. Unfortunate to the Shamans who already killed Flotsam...they have to wait longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    Now to get my reputations up just in case...
    Yeah here's hoping they're not gated behind some ridiculous exalted rep requirement. I don't even want the skins personally but I'd be pretty pissed on behalf of those who've been waiting forever, only to find you need like exalted wardens or some silly shit.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Hidden Artifact appearances that drop off World Bosses should now be guaranteed on a kill.

Hope its next week

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvoner View Post

Hope its next week

haha, blizzard have been scared to death to eventually see a big raging post about drop not being 100% :P

Someone earlier said that they "confirmed" that the blades dropped from the Soultakers because an NPC in Shields Rest told him: "It's good to see those blades out of kvaldir hands" in reference to his Frost HAA. I would just like to disconfirm this report and instead confirm that this comment is directed at Fury Warriors. I just finished leveling mine to 100 and had the relevant NPC use the comment. It also just makes more sense, and would explain why the comment isn't next to all the other DK Artifact comments in the dialogue file.

I'm very glad they finally got their shit together and upped the drop to 100%. I am fine with (albeit a tad disappointed) that some skins drop from the world bosses, but having them drop from world bosses that are on a weekly POTENTIALLY random spawn with a low drop chance is so fucking retarded beyond belief. Luckily at least now you have an entire week to get the skin before it's gone again.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Deleted
    Imagine waiting... TEN WEEKS for another try to drop from a WB

Blizzard good boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Yeah here's hoping they're not gated behind some ridiculous exalted rep requirement. I don't even want the skins personally but I'd be pretty pissed on behalf of those who've been waiting forever, only to find you need like exalted wardens or some silly shit.
    I'm working on the Valarjar, just in case. Slowly getting there, seems like, if it would be locked behind a rep, and it IS the Soultakers, the Valarjar rep seems the most logical. Ofcourse, could be wrong, and it's not gated behind exalted rep(which I really DO hope).

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call me crazy but i absolutely despise 100% drop rates on things like this. Especially since it's a foregone conclusion that the kill is happening. Perhaps if these world bosses were actually difficult to any degree i'd feel differently, but they're basically loot pinatas. I agree the random nature of spawns coupled with low drop rates could cause some bad RNG, but this feels worse to me. There has to be a better middle ground here. Handing everyone a skin for participation and just showing up gives me no satisfaction personally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ald View Post
    Call me crazy but i absolutely despise 100% drop rates on things like this. Especially since it's a foregone conclusion that the kill is happening. Perhaps if these world bosses were actually difficult to any degree i'd feel differently, but they're basically loot pinatas. I agree the random nature of spawns coupled with low drop rates could cause some bad RNG, but this feels worse to me. There has to be a better middle ground here. Handing everyone a skin for participation and just showing up gives me no satisfaction personally.
    Kind of agree here, but as someone who has gone 11 years without seeing Judgment pants drop for my paladin, i GREATLY prefer a 100% drop to the potential of NEVER seeing the item, ever.

Though, myself, i'd have made it a quest in your class hall with an NPC who shows up, makes you do a few things, then sends you off to kill the world boss, after which you return to said NPC and get the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ald View Post
    To be fair, sure, bad RNG on loot is never fun. But do think about the rotation of said bosses, how many there are. If we were to assume that it was 1 chance per loot lockout on said boss... that's like, what, 1 chance per 11 weeks per death knight? That pumps it up from a case of "just bad RNG" to "If you are unlucky, you won't see this for over a year. Better luck in about two and half months!"
    If it wasn't 1 chance per loot lockout, and just a chance on dropping per kill, it might as well be 100%, because I myself for sure wouldn't stop joining groups killing that boss untill it dropped.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand what you mean, Ald. There is not much satisfaction to be had. But to be frank, regardless of how difficult the World Boss would be, it would still be, for me, a letdown on how to get the Hidden Artifact of one of the bigger Lore Weapons out there. As Daevelian states, I'd have perferred a storyline to it. Or, heck, actually have one of the theories in this thread be true.

So long as there's a nice story behind whatever quest we get I'll be happy enough, If it's just a drop I'll be a little less happy :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgohn View Post
    So I had to register an account to talk about what I just discovered on my dk. I've playing unholy as a main, got the hidden skin for that via you guys and gals here who figured it out. So I finally hit a point where i wanted to start dumping points into frost, and when i went to the trainer, i noticed I actually have the hidden skin for frost already (the red one "kill 1000 players with a hidden skin"). Intentional?
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    Okay. What the hell?!

http://imgur.com/a/wPrpH

How the hell was he able to obtain those?!
    I get that some people are still new to the party, but this has been an ongoing thing.

Any variant but the green can be unlocked with a glitch. Players seen running around with blue, purple, or red Dark Runeblades have unlocked that slot in another hidden artifact appearance and glitched it over to their Frost spec.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    haha, blizzard have been scared to death to eventually see a big raging post about drop not being 100% :P
    I already got pissed that it wasn't, I am glad they came to their senses with how unfair it is compared to the cool triggers and quest lines other classes get. Sure some you have to farm for it but at least there was a known way to farm it. Having it hinge on a random drop off of a boss that could spawn once per year if RNG sucked is just terrible design.