Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, at least those bosses had multiple attempts. Last night when my group tried, we failed the timer because first our tank DC'd and then our healer got DC'd and couldn't connect to battle.net anymore. Definitely our fault that we're not skilled enough to avoid DCs. WoW doesn't have "permanent" failure states anymore, pretty sure this is just an oversight when they did the hotfix to allow continuing runs.
    Could have been a Keystone run. Shit happens.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Could have been a Keystone run. Shit happens.
    We can run another keystone/undeplete it. We can't(in your system) redo the Nightbane run.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what happened before was a bug, they dident wanrt to force you to have to do it all in one day, so it now shares a lockout like raids, where you are able to come back and keep going
    so now yeah it sucks, that they fixed the bug, but atleast now you dont have to do ALL of kara in one attempt
    yeah, its this.

Happened to us - we cleared to curator and then when we came back a day later couldn't all see each other. it was weird, we could party up and even see dots we applied to mobs, but not see each others toons (and I couldnt heal anyone). Kinda sucked.

So they fixed that, but its broken the ability to reset for nightbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    What's the point of a timed run if you can reset it if you fuck it up? The recent hotfix is probably working as intended.
    Yeah I don't get the uproar about it either. They never did ZA timed runs. Makes no sense to be able to reset a speedrun, it's supposed to be somewhat of a challenge.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Worked fine in ZA for the bear mount. It's meant to be a challenge so I'm glad they fixed it. As others has mentioned, it just changes the order you do kara in.
    They didn't fix anything, specialy because nothing was broken to begin with. Kara's lockout work exactly like a normal and heroic raid one does, the ID will be the same of the leader. You can reset it as many times as you want, as long as you bring someone with a fresh ID to make the party, then you can kick or keep that person on the party.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-11-04 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Algolon and Ra-Den. "Hidden" bosses intended to be a challenge for groups stomping the regular content. Both had a limited period of attempt each week.

Nightbane is the same. Its an extra challenge to reward good play. If you failed the timer, you failed the challenge, try again next week - you're not supposed to remove the challenge aspect by just resetting and going again.
    Except last week that was not only the practiced but for lack of blizzard comment intended mechanic. You have NOTHING to go by that this change was intended, as nightbane was never mentioned with this change to how lockouts work to allow people progging kara to do it over multiple nights.

I'd have no issue if it was announced - but last week you could reset (and you still can albeit awkwardly this week) whenever you want. That is the expectation. If you wanted to try something knowing you had the reset, but then lost your chance due to this unannounced change you're straight out of luck and there's no defense for that - we should know with changes like this.

This all assumes its intended, which it clearly isnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

What's the point of a timed run if you can reset it if you fuck it up? The recent hotfix is probably working as intended.
    Fully agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    That's... Not how ANY of the people I know did it. You kill 3x of the bosses by spawning nightbane anyway; Why would you ever want to clear instance -> reset -> kill 3 additional bosses (+ a ton of trash) AGAIN, then do nightbane, rather than just speedrun to nightbane and backtrack a little (not having to kill ANY trash) to get back and kill maiden? That seems SUPER inefficient.
    Well thats how all I know did it. It was the first week tough and im in a casual 1day 4/7m guild.
    Most wanted to see whole Kara before speedrunning it.

My question is that if I start a group and one person is already saved but I am not saved as the leader, can we still do nightbane or does it need to be a run with no saves at all ? I was sick all week and missed my normal run with my group, They said they would run it with me but they don't think we can do nightbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Fully agree with this.
    Almost assuredly not considering it wasn't mentioned.

Also it would literally be impossible to figure out in one try. I don't mean a skilled group wouldn't be able to one shot it. I'm saying the first time ever before everyone knew how to do it.

Also what a shitty attitude. If you can do it period regardless of number of attempts you 100% deserve the rewards.

Then why can you keep trying mythic+ if you fail? And that's an extremely similar scenario to this. Both are 5 mans with timers. I'm pretty sure those pushing +15 didn't actually do it on first attempts.

Also, if this wasn't intended there wouldn't be an easy work around. It would've been some hidden trigger on the player preventing the crystals from spawning after clicking it once.

Algolon/Ra-den were 1. More exclusive content than this 2. Still allowed more than 1 attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    They didn't fix anything, specialy because nothign was broken to begin with. Kara's lockout work exactly like a normal and heroic raid one does, the ID will be the same of the leader. You cna reset it as many times as you want, as long as you bring someone with a fresh ID to make the party, then you cna kick or keep that person on the party.
    I was looking for this, that's how I thought it would work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    We can run another keystone/undeplete it. We can't(in your system) redo the Nightbane run.
    Don't suck and try again next week.

ZA bear timed run took 10 weeks for everyone in your group to get one and was considerably harder than getting to Nightbane. Nightbane will take you 5 weeks if you run with the same group each week. It's meant to be a challenge, first week we tried we summoned him with over 5 mins remaining. Now if they made the timed run where you had to get to him and kill him within the time limit, that would be way more fun.

You already have it easy by being allowed to constantly retry once you have summoned him so stop bitching, or are you one of those people that will complain that you can't get the top 0.3% PVP mounts when all you do is random BG's.

Effort = reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Then why can you keep trying mythic+ if you fail? And that's an extremely similar scenario to this. Both are 5 mans with timers.

Also, if this wasn't intended there wouldn't be an easy work around. It would've been some hidden trigger on the player preventing the crystals from spawning after clicking it once.

Algolon/Ra-den were 1. More exclusive content than this 2. Still allowed more than 1 attempt.
    You also have 5 stones if you run with a normal group and you can do a depleted stone to keep running.

- - - Updated - - -

ZA bear timed run took 10 weeks for everyone in your group to get one and was considerably harder than getting to Nightbane. Nightbane will take you 5 weeks if you run with the same group each week. It's meant to be a challenge, first week we tried we summoned him with over 5 mins remaining. Now if they made the timed run where you had to get to him and kill him within the time limit, that would be way more fun.

You already have it easy by being allowed to constantly retry once you have summoned him so stop bitching, or are you one of those people that will complain that you can't get the top 0.3% PVP mounts when all you do is random BG's.

Effort = reward.
    ZA did not have the same raid lockout concept as we do now. You couldn't run BT twice (second time with no gear) but you can do that with EN if the raid leader is different.

Deleted
    It's not even hard to summon him and once you do you get unlimited attempts. Spend less time whining about something having a very minor requirement and more time in game.

Effort = reward.
    I don't see how a longer lockout actually makes it harder. It just means you wait longer to get it. There's nothing actively making it harder though.

99% of the challenging content in WoW, including mythic+ speed runs, let's you bang your head against it until you win. And you still can for Nightbane, it just takes an annoying workaround.

The last permanent loss in WoW was Ra-Den. And that still was multiple attempts.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2016-11-04 at 01:57 PM.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    It seems fair to me that they fixed this.

maybe unfair for those who got it while this was possible.. then again they were the ones that showed blizzard that something wasn't working properly. You will always have lucky people in the world.

Rude, inflammatory, uncalled for. Insecurities have been shown.

Comparing BC to Legion is useless. The lockouts aren't the same, also this wasn't mentioned in patch notes, it's likely unintended.

Strawmen now?

Effort = reward.
    Apparently running an instance over and over and over for a reward isn't effort? Are you serious. Dedication and effort 100% should be rewarded. Just because you read a guide or outgeared it doesn't mean you are better than anyone that bruteforced their way through it.

If you can do the speed run and kill the boss YOU'VE PUT IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF WORK AND EFFORT YOU DESERVE THE REWARD. Your logic is beyond flawed if you don't agree with this. Why does it matter how many tries it took? If You did the same speed run and killed the same boss, then why does it matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post

maybe unfair for those who got it while this was possible.. then again they were the ones that showed blizzard that something wasn't working properly. You will always have lucky people in the world.
    The thing is, making you have to wait a week doesn't actually make it harder. the logic that it does is flawed.

Completing it takes exactly the same effort whether it's your first attempt or your 1000th attempt. If you did the speed run and killed the boss it shouldn't matter how many tries it took you, YOU DID IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post

It's not "fixed" though. It just requires a somewhat annoying workaround. The only way they'd fix it is if they added a hidden tracker to each player. Which highly implies this is an unintended side effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    You also have 5 stones if you run with a normal group and you can do a depleted stone to keep running.

- - - Updated - - -

ZA did not have the same raid lockout concept as we do now. You couldn't run BT twice (second time with no gear) but you can do that with EN if the raid leader is different.
    Kill Nightbane first then if spending 2 hours in an instance is too much for you then come back the next day and clear the rest? Seriously the only people that are complaining about this fix and it is a fix are people that are either not geared/skilled enough to do the timed aspect but think they are entitled to the mount regardless.