Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucy View Post
    I picked up the legendary back piece yesterday that gives me a 8% damage boost on ST. Does this effect wreck havoc at all on single target fights or is it still better to use conduit? Not sure how much the havoc uptime is compared to the other talents
    With wreak havoc it beats out Soul Conduit by somewhere between 1 and 3% on ST. Pretty much comes down to preference; I took it as a good reason to never swap out Wreak Havoc because I'm lazy.

I'm a newbie. I see haste is most important stat but is there a haste soft cap that you should be looking for where it looses value after you hit it? I didn't see exact numbers given in the guide but see that the person who wrote the guide has a ton of mastery on his gear. Is %25 percent haste good enough?

@forbi, you can download and use it if you want. Cell B4 can be changed from True to False to see the difference for conflags.
    Im still working on the formula for conflag damage stacking per tick, its a bit of a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    [*]Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar - Makes your Havoc a single-target maintanence buff on the same level as Mana Tap. Increases the damage of your single-target spells by 8%. This does not affect Pet damage, Guardian Damage, or AoE damage like GoSac procs/RoF.
    If you have this legendary, is it better to take wreak havoc talent instead of soul conduit on single target fights?

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    If you have this legendary, is it better to take wreak havoc talent instead of soul conduit on single target fights?
    I believe I remember either Bacon or Gaidax saying it's roughly around a 2-3% increase for ST, but SC could possibly be ahead depending on RNG.

It's me again with another boring trinket question.

I'm really torn between Naraxas Spiked Tongue(855) and Portable Manacracker(865)

Manacracker sims 700 dps more but still would like some opinions.

@theblackharvest the new sim for the trinket are out, i will update "my" image Asap!

AoEing via RoF > Havoc cleaving when you have 3 targets that will endure the entire RoF duration right? Any time AoE is needed destro will need to be using RoF, I can't imagine it's ever worth taking master of disaster (9% incin damage) vs Fire from the Sky (15% Rain of Fire damage).

9% damage increase on a spell you rarely, rarely cast only as filler - vs 15% damage on your only form of AoE you'll cast every time there's a bit of AoE to be done?
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Deleted
    Did they buff twisting wind in 7.1? I have a TW 865, an Oakhearts 860 and a HoV 860.. Siming my charakter gives TW>>HoV>=Oakheart. In the second trinket slot i am using a chronoshard. According to the "general" sims Oakheart should be like outperforming the others a lot. Any ideas ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    AoEing via RoF > Havoc cleaving when you have 3 targets that will endure the entire RoF duration right? Any time AoE is needed destro will need to be using RoF, I can't imagine it's ever worth taking master of disaster (9% incin damage) vs Fire from the Sky (15% Rain of Fire damage).

9% damage increase on a spell you rarely, rarely cast only as filler - vs 15% damage on your only form of AoE you'll cast every time there's a bit of AoE to be done?
    I believe this is still correct:

Rain of Fire is a better use of your Soul Shards than an un-Havoc'd Chaos Bolt when you'll get 20 ticks out of it, or 2.5 targets hit for the full duration. If the Chaos Bolt is Havoc'd, then you'll need 40 ticks, or 5 targets hit for the full duration.
    So with this in mind, I'd recommend taking Master of disaster since it:

a) synergizes well with BD, which I found to be a better pick on every M boss vs RB
    b) is a gain on both ST and cleave fights, which is the majority of EN M fights
    c) I've only been using RoF in M EN when souls appear on Nightmare Drakes and when AoEing down the Ilgynoth droplets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    I'm a newbie. I see haste is most important stat but is there a haste soft cap that you should be looking for where it looses value after you hit it? I didn't see exact numbers given in the guide but see that the person who wrote the guide has a ton of mastery on his gear. Is %25 percent haste good enough?
    Around 30% is perfect to go for other stats (like crit).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    This question has LITERALLY been answered 2 posts above yours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post

That's just flat out wrong really, any time you seriously need AoE to the extent where you will use RoF over cleaving for a long period of time - you simply bring F&B which again makes Master of Disaster better.

If you look at EN, where exactly you use RoF to the extent it will outweight Incinerate?

On the other hand, you WILL use Incinerate ALWAYS. There is no encounter where you don't use Incinerate, flipside there are almost no encounters where you actually use RoF.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Did they buff twisting wind in 7.1? I have a TW 865, an Oakhearts 860 and a HoV 860.. Siming my charakter gives TW>>HoV>=Oakheart. In the second trinket slot i am using a chronoshard. According to the "general" sims Oakheart should be like outperforming the others a lot. Any ideas ?
    I also would like to know this, it seems the damage proc on the trinket is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jba252 View Post
    I also would like to know this, it seems the damage proc on the trinket is bad.
    Twisting Wind sims well because the sim assumes things that aren't true: namely that the mob will get hit by every damage tick it does. This will not happen due to the movement pattern of the proc, so you'll never get all the possible ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It is critical to releize that the damage buff is only applied to spells that actually hit the target while the debuff is up. A spell which was finished casting, but due to travel time hits after the debuff expires does not benefit.
    I thought that was disproved. It clearly DOES benefit in this video.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Twisting Wind sims well because the sim assumes things that aren't true: namely that the mob will get hit by every damage tick it does. This will not happen due to the movement pattern of the proc, so you'll never get all the possible ticks.
    Most bosses have pretty large hitboxes, and should be hit by every tick. Even the raid target dummy gets hit by all with its relatively small hitbox.

Yeah most ticks hit bosses, its perfectly fine in raid I've been using an 895 one since like the first or second week of mythics.

Just having that much passive int on a trinket is retarded.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah most ticks hit bosses, its perfectly fine in raid I've been using an 895 one since like the first or second week of mythics.

Just having that much passive int on a trinket is retarded.
    Really? Because That hasn't been my experience. Maybe I'll need to give it another shot

Really? Because That hasn't been my experience. Maybe I'll need to give it another shot
    The proc doesn't do amazing dmg even when most / all of it hits, what makes it a good trinket is its a high ilvl trinket with passive int which is extremely strong for destro compared to ST damage procs. You'd take pretty much any other int trinket at the same ilvl, there just isn't easy access to others at that high of an ilvl right now.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

wwhere are the sims for trinkets?

i got [Deteriorated Construct Core] 860

[Swarming Plaguehive] 865

[Unstable Horrorslime] 850 which ones should i use?
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Anyio/simple

There is my char and i have some stuff i need help with.
    I am running m+ this xpac quite alot and i am feeling i am strugling on trash dps so i was thinking if anyone could give me a talent setup for that and how to do trash dps with that talents since i want to feel i can contribute to the group and not feel useless :/ and when is crit overtakeing haste as a stat? I got quite alot of haste atm as you can see but idk when is the time to focus on more critgear