Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by figuratively View Post
    I get that some people are still new to the party, but this has been an ongoing thing.

Any variant but the green can be unlocked with a glitch. Players seen running around with blue, purple, or red Dark Runeblades have unlocked that slot in another hidden artifact appearance and glitched it over to their Frost spec.
    It's a bug, but as a player there's no 'glitching' involved. Just unlock the extra colors with any Hidden Appearance and the alternative color options will be available for all specs. Blizzard devs are aware of this and allow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fu1grim View Post
    It's a bug, but as a player there's no 'glitching' involved. Just unlock the extra colors with any Hidden Appearance and the alternative color options will be available for all specs. Blizzard devs are aware of this and allow it.
    dont even think its a bug anymore as you can change the appearance while in the appropriate spec now too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ald View Post
    Call me crazy but i absolutely despise 100% drop rates on things like this. Especially since it's a foregone conclusion that the kill is happening. Perhaps if these world bosses were actually difficult to any degree i'd feel differently, but they're basically loot pinatas. I agree the random nature of spawns coupled with low drop rates could cause some bad RNG, but this feels worse to me. There has to be a better middle ground here. Handing everyone a skin for participation and just showing up gives me no satisfaction personally.
    They've expressed before that this isn't a special snowflake kind of thing (like mythic gear) but more towards the kind of thing that everyone will eventually get (like a battle pet.) This 100% drop announcement was the nail in that coffin, showing everyone once and for all that it's just meant to be another vanity option for your weapon since we only get one weapon this expansion.

The extra colors on the other hand show some degree of achievement. The higher prestige colors or the "Do 100 dungeons" colors (etc) show that someone has taken the time to acquire them. I know that personally I won't be getting any color variations (aside from the 200 world quests skin totally by accident.)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ald View Post
    Call me crazy but i absolutely despise 100% drop rates on things like this. Especially since it's a foregone conclusion that the kill is happening. Perhaps if these world bosses were actually difficult to any degree i'd feel differently, but they're basically loot pinatas. I agree the random nature of spawns coupled with low drop rates could cause some bad RNG, but this feels worse to me. There has to be a better middle ground here. Handing everyone a skin for participation and just showing up gives me no satisfaction personally.
    Well we don't know that it's just a drop. There's probably more to it. It's also not a foregone conclusion if you happen to not play that week, and there may be other requirements for it to drop, such as artifact knowledge. I support it being 100% because I feel way behind in grinding out the other HAA appearances. I have to play blood for everything I want to do if I want to unlock the alternative skins for Frost. That feels worse to me than any 100% drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu1grim View Post
    Your pedantry is duly noted. It may be a bug, but it doesn't happen of its own accord; at this point I would think very few people accidentally Runeblades. That said, I was pointing out to the uninitiated what was going on.
    Last edited by figuratively; 2016-11-04 at 06:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by figuratively View Post
    Your pedantry is duly noted. It may be a bug, but it doesn't happen of its own accord; at this point I would think very few people accidentally Runeblades. That said, I was pointing out to the uninitiated what was going on.
    It actually does happen of its own accord, that's the point and why we don't know if it's a bug now. I personally informed a Blizzard dev as soon as Legion launched and they filed a ticket about it, and then 7.1 launched and their apparent 'fix' was just to remove the 'glitch' required and make it default behavior. The fact that this behavior changed between 7.0 and 7.1 really points to this being intentional on their part.

Many people who get the Blood appearance end up unlocking a recolor just by playing the game (WQs, dungeons, and PvP kills), and then when they look at Frost appearances later, the runeblade recolors are unlocked for them without any other action on their part.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It actually does happen of its own accord, that's the point and why we don't know if it's a bug now. I personally informed a Blizzard dev as soon as Legion launched and they filed a ticket about it, and then 7.1 launched and their apparent 'fix' was just to remove the 'glitch' required and make it default behavior. The fact that this behavior changed between 7.0 and 7.1 really points to this being intentional on their part.

Many people who get the Blood appearance end up unlocking a recolor just by playing the game (WQs, dungeons, and PvP kills), and then when they look at Frost appearances later, the runeblade recolors are unlocked for them without any other action on their part.
    Whatever you say. Your well sourced argument has won me over. I concede the point.

Hear that, newbies? When you see blue, purple, or red Runeblades, it's because of a bug and not a glitch, and at this point it's intentional. (This has no bearing on the fact that the item to unlock that initial skin is not yet available. Don't worry until you see green.)

I'm not sure it's a bug. The text just says "complete so and so with a hidden appearance." It doesn't say anything about using a specific hidden appearance.
    Last edited by balgus82; 2016-11-08 at 05:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It might have been an accidental change in 7.1; I know they had some feedback that people didn't like how you had to complete 'Balance of Power' (an uncompletable quest line atm, since it requires Nighthold release) to use the other appearances on that tier. Maybe their generic fix to that problem happened to apply to the hidden appearance row as well, unintentionally.

Like I said, we have no idea whether it is intentional or not at this point - all we know is that they made it in 7.1 so that every player who has any hidden recolor unlocked will be able to see and use the hidden appearance row for every spec. The question is - if that is not their intention, why after being informed of a bug to do that same thing in 7.0, did they turn around and make it baseline behavior in 7.1?
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

The question is - if that is not their intention, why after being informed of a bug to do that same thing in 7.0, did they turn around and make it baseline behavior in 7.1?
    You give their code monkeys, most likely interns, too much credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You give their code monkeys, most likely interns, too much credit.
    haha hey guys look at how little i know about game design

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    haha hey guys look at how little i know about game design
    Haha hey guys, look how little I know about programming in general.

Anyway, with the pre-school "bantz" out of the way, so, how long till you murricans can tell me what world boss will be up next week? :P

It might have been an accidental change in 7.1; I know they had some feedback that people didn't like how you had to complete 'Balance of Power' (an uncompletable quest line atm, since it requires Nighthold release) to use the other appearances on that tier. Maybe their generic fix to that problem happened to apply to the hidden appearance row as well, unintentionally.

Like I said, we have no idea whether it is intentional or not at this point - all we know is that they made it in 7.1 so that every player who has any hidden recolor unlocked will be able to see and use the hidden appearance row for every spec. The question is - if that is not their intention, why after being informed of a bug to do that same thing in 7.0, did they turn around and make it baseline behavior in 7.1?
    ^ this

but I hope this "bug" stays tbh

btw about the rep - has it been confirmed 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt that some of HAAs need exalted reps to drop ? Ive seen most ppl lean to that for the Outlaw hidden, possibly Fury from Skovald too, maybe some others (does the shaman water WB hidden drop require exalted rep or not ?) .. but is that confirmed or not ? Has anyone ever gotten them at Honored/Revered ?

my DK isnt yet up to snuff in Legion, however, when Soultakers appear as WB post 7.1.5 Im sure I could immediately level my DK from 100 to 110 and get instant AK10 (thanks to 7.1.5 catch-up) all within the same week while Soultakers are still up and get the Frost Hidden since its a 100% drop now ... but only if it isnt gated behind another exalted, in which case Ive no idea when I will have that rep on the DK and have Soultakers spawn again

Deleted
    What world boss is op on the US servers?

Quote Originally Posted by darkknight2635 View Post
    What world boss is op on the US servers?
    US servers are down for rolling restarts ATM and wont be back for another half hour. I was really hoping to do this before work today damn you blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Shar'thos. Wish me luck.

Edit: Just gold.
    Last edited by Luko; 2016-11-08 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post

ours drop from Soul Takers, supposedly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post

Yeah got 865 cape.. not HAA tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordekeiser View Post
    ours drop from Soul Takers, supposedly.
    Right, but for now, we don't actually know which boss it is so until we get a drop, I'll just keep the thread up to speed.

Bummer, waiting for another week.