Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    It's just not the same Blizzcon without the iconic voice of Metzen. That was so boring to watch.
    The more I think about it the more annoyed I get that they didn't so much as reference him to at least allow the Blizzcon audience to say goodbye with an applause. Even if he didn't want to appear in person because he knew how it would go... Mike could have still thanked him publicly for all of his work and allow the crowd to do the same. God damn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preorder Hearthstone popup.
    Merch front and centre during interviews.
    Presenters hyping up lacklustre announcements to a laughable degree.

Rip Blizzcon. Long live $50 advertising platform.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I guess it at least wasn't as bad as the initial Fan-fest for FF14 the other week which consisted of 'hey stuff is coming but you'll get info later'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I guess it at least wasn't as bad as the initial Fan-fest for FF14 the other week which consisted of 'hey stuff is coming but you'll get info later'.
    That's because there are 3 Fanfests spread out over around half a year nearly. Of course they would do initial stuff first. Tokyo is Christmas Day so more info gets revealed there for example such as the first class then in February the final bits of xpac details get released. It's smart and builds up hype. Also quite a few things got revealed at Vegas such as PS3 support gone, preview of the zones, initial announcements, an endgame zone and a class was heavily hinted at already along with the teaser trailer for the xpac. What would you rather do? Blow a lot of info at the first one then 4 months down the line have nothing to share or hype it up for the next fest in 2 months and then release info there but keep people hyped for the next one? Basically if you have 3 festivals spread out over so little time you use the first one to drum up hype, the second one to release parts of major info and the final one to go overboard.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-04 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    The opening ceremony is free though...I agree it was awful.
    I know it's free.
    I made the mistake assuming that they'd have something hidden in the schedule, or that the announcements would be bigger so it was worth watching panels like it was last year.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    so nothing about wow in the opening ceremony at all or did I miss something?
    Bro what are u talking about. Look at this exciting WoW news.

Update 11:11 AM PDT: The new Make a Wish pet is a Fel Kitty named Mischief!

They will talk about 7.2 in the WoW panel, they usually don't show new patches in the opening ceremony, only expansions (if).

For example back with 3.3, they showed new info about the Icecrown patch in addition to opening ceremony showing Cataclysm announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    The more I think about it the more annoyed I get that they didn't so much as reference him to at least allow the Blizzcon audience to say goodbye with an applause. Even if he didn't want to appear in person because he knew how it would go... Mike could have still thanked him publicly for all of his work and allow the crowd to do the same. God damn it.
    I bet that'll be the closing ceremony.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what that dude on twitter said about some incredible news for Diablo on Blizzcon back then in summer? Necromancer for the money? Kewl.

Deleted
    The AI that takes over the world one day will be trained on Blizz games. So you better be good at these games, as one of the gamers might be the hero to beat the world conquering AI one day.
    We are not going virtual reality. Virtual reality comes to us.

Btw, I've expected a new Diablo 3 expansion. Seems like we only get a few little additions this time. With their 6 games, one would except to see some real big relevations at their main event. What I've seen is good so far, but major? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    So what that dude on twitter said about some incredible news for Diablo on Blizzcon back then in summer? Necromancer for the money? Kewl.
    I'm wondering if their game director leaving stalled work on something bigger than what they announced. Pearce doesn't work on Diablo directly, he's an executive, and they usually bring out the game leads for announcements.

Deleted
    Pretty bad that Hearthstone and HotS are the lead games for blizzard now to get ppl hyped at there event.
    Also without Metzen on stage you feel 0 energy coming from the event. R.I.P. blizzcon for me without him.

+1 for being disappointed. I tried to be hyped but nope. They might as well have advertised this as Blizz-Esport instead of Blizzcon. Lots of cool / exciting eSport announcements and advertising. I was hoping for SOMETHING more exciting with Diablo. Starcraft and Overwatch was expected amount of 'announcements'. Hearthstone xpac was probably cool for those that play (I don't). Very disappointed there was NOTHING about WoW, hoping that we get some stuff at the WoW Panel.

Sad there is nothing new for SC2, but it was expected. The mini campaign stuff didn't really seem to take off. Now its all Coop. The diablo stuff was nice, although I am a little sad its no actual expansion. This would have been ok if it was 1-2 years ago when they started the seasons. Now I already played multiple seasons with each character and can't really get excited about doing the same again with another class. Yes its my favourite class, but it still won't keep me interested for longer than 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    i thought it will be only me. but it seems everyone says that this is the worst blizzcon ...

Worst Blizzcon ever. I thought they were joking about Diablo 1, but he was serious. lol!!!

RIP WoW for sure.

Was this the first Blizzcon without a WOW announcement?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritznpop View Post
    Was this the first Blizzcon without a WOW announcement?
    Chill - they just started blizzcon :S

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I bet that'll be the closing ceremony.
    Doubt it. Best place for it was right at the start when Chris was a regular feature on stage. I can only conclude he asked them/begged them not to mention him.

The lack of Metzen took out all the epicness of Blizzcon. I am really happy about the return of the necro to Diablo 3 though and excited about the re/doing of Diablo 1.

What makes me sad is that HS, HotS and OW take the place of leading products for Blizz. Long gone are the days of Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft licenses. Shame.

Deleted
    Oke. so i dont get it. It is oke to do Diablo legacy but it is not cool to do WoW Legacy servers... wait, WUT ?!!