Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    You're right. Although the advantage of the ring is about 65-75k DPS on Ursoc mythic (there are a couple of other things he did better).

The question is: what's your point? Do you want the only good DPS legendary four our class to ben erfed so you can parse at 98+ percntiles instaead of 90-95? Really?

Yeah, the legendary system as a whole is shit. I said that 1 year ago and people wouldn't listen. But callign for nerfs on the one legendary that significantly boosts our raid-dps is stupid af.
    No I'm absolutely not calling for nerfs for this legendary, since it's the only thing that makes our weak single target somewhat decent. I'm just criticizing the legendary system as a whole, which I believe we both agree on. Having such powerful items on pure luck basis is just not fair. This single ring can make 65-70k difference on a fight like Ursoc, and all I can do to change this situation is to pray the rng gods to give me the ring as soon as possible.

Every single person I've talked with, both from guild or just random people agrees that having such powerful items on pure luck basis is nonsense and it's making people frustrated. People that are playing a lot doesn't feel like they are being rewarded for playing a lot. There are so many people in our guild that are only logging from raid to raid, and yet they sit on 2-3-4 legendaries (most of them being bis), and I'm farming my ass off just so I can, hopefully, get this ring. But who knows, maybe I will get "Prydaz, the destroyer of the dreams".
    Last edited by mmoc8fa71e8d95; 2016-11-04 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    Having such powerful items on pure luck basis is just not fair. This single ring can make 65-70k difference on a fight like Ursoc, and all I can do to change this situation is to pray the rng gods to give me the ring as soon as possible..
    Keep seeing this, but is this really that different than the 1 piece of loot/weapon in raids that some people got but others never did? No way to increase those drops over 1/week and had more competition. At least if you chain run M+'s and such, you'll theoretically get it eventually (and can upgrade the BiS at least through NH).

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Keep seeing this, but is this really that different than the 1 piece of loot/weapon in raids that some people got but others never did? No way to increase those drops over 1/week and had more competition. At least if you chain run M+'s and such, you'll theoretically get it eventually (and can upgrade the BiS at least through NH).
    There's no confirmation of something happening when RNG is involved.

"You will eventually get it" means nothing unless there's HARD luck protection. And what I mean by hard luck is a counter showing what your chances to get a legendary are and seeing it increase every time your perform an action that can award a legendary and you fail.

As long as it remains hidden, there's no telling how that bad luck protection works.

And as it stands, the legendary system is a big pile of shit. There should be a legendary trader or something and legendaries like Sephuz or Prydaz shouldn't exist AT ALL. No DPS wants those shits.

It seems after all these years Blizz still didn't learn that people don't like RNG deciding their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Yes, if say last boss dropped the loot, you will get it eventually, what you said hasn't happened in a long long time.

getting a legendary is a tiny chance, then there's like a 1 in 12 chance of getting the one you want, this sort of rng has never happened, and honestly i don't remember the last time a single item that dropped made such a big difference but was so hard to obtain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    There's no confirmation of something happening when RNG is involved.

"You will eventually get it" means nothing unless there's HARD luck protection. And what I mean by hard luck is a counter showing what your chances to get a legendary are and seeing it increase every time your perform an action that can award a legendary and you fail.

As long as it remains hidden, there's no telling how that bad luck protection works.

And as it stands, the legendary system is a big pile of shit. There should be a legendary trader or something and legendaries like Sephuz or Prydaz shouldn't exist AT ALL. No DPS wants those shits.

It seems after all these years Blizz still didn't learn that people don't like RNG deciding their performance.
    Well i do think there is SOME correlation between the facts that All the DHs in the top5 guilds in the world have the ring, sounds quite weird that ALL of em just happened to get it. I think they have done quite a good job when it comes to improving their chances. I have the ring aswell, and i have ran more than 250 mythic+ dungeons, got it after around 200. U have hardly done 100 and complain about that you dont have it. I dont know, to me it looks like you could do alot more to improve your chances.

Blizz has clearly stated that the droprate is improved eachtime you do content that could potentielly yeild a Legenday. Such as emissary, raidbosses, dungeonbosses etc. The harder difficulty, the higher the chance of drop obv. So my recommendation would be to simply run more myth+ like others who deserve the ring more than you do.

Obviously, there will always be exceptions. But for someone who complains about not having a certain item as much as you do, i dont really see why you wouldnt do more to improve your chances.

And yes, id rather see an improvement of our base DPS and abit more work into makin other legendaries more viable. But for now, the only thing you really can do is spam m+, if you dont like it, then thats fine. But then you will have to rely on even more luck to get that specific one until they makes changes to the system.

i think you got it backwards, the reason those DHs are allowed in those guilds is BECAUSE they have the ring.

Deleted
    Nothing new to see here, this is the case for many classes this expansion....

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinth View Post
    Well i do think there is SOME correlation between the facts that All the DHs in the top5 guilds in the world have the ring, sounds quite weird that ALL of em just happened to get it. I think they have done quite a good job when it comes to improving their chances. I have the ring aswell, and i have ran more than 250 mythic+ dungeons, got it after around 200. U have hardly done 100 and complain about that you dont have it. I dont know, to me it looks like you could do alot more to improve your chances.

Blizz has clearly stated that the droprate is improved eachtime you do content that could potentielly yeild a Legenday. Such as emissary, raidbosses, dungeonbosses etc. The harder difficulty, the higher the chance of drop obv. So my recommendation would be to simply run more myth+ like others who deserve the ring more than you do.

Obviously, there will always be exceptions. But for someone who complains about not having a certain item as much as you do, i dont really see why you wouldnt do more to improve your chances.

And yes, id rather see an improvement of our base DPS and abit more work into makin other legendaries more viable. But for now, the only thing you really can do is spam m+, if you dont like it, then thats fine. But then you will have to rely on even more luck to get that specific one until they makes changes to the system.
    How many more times can you say "run more dungeons" in different ways?

You could have 7 legendaries drop for you and still not have the ring. Actually it's bound to happen to some people with how RNG works, which is some depressing food for thought. The system is just bad when you have huge outlier legendaries giving people (not just DHs) a ~20% bump in DPS and it all comes down to sheer luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tutrino View Post
    i think you got it backwards, the reason those DHs are allowed in those guilds is BECAUSE they have the ring.
    Wow.. do you REALLY think that these DHs joined Method, Serenity, Excorsus AFTER and BECAUSE they had the ring? That is BY FAR the most bizarre and ridiculous think I've heard in a long time. You obviously don't know how to the "pro-scene" of this game works.

Wow.. do you REALLY think that these DHs joined Method, Serenity, Excorsus AFTER and BECAUSE they had the ring? That is BY FAR the most bizarre and ridiculous think I've heard in a long time. You obviously don't know how to the "pro-scene" of this game works.
    It's obvious they've been incredible lucky, though.

Most active people have 2 legendaries now, some 3. By the times the raids opened, 99% of people had either 1 or 0 legendaries.

If those DHs had the ring, I'm sorry, it was not "hard job", it was them being lucky as fuck.

Deleted
    Only players that don't run a lot of M+ dungeons think doing them significantly improves your chances of getting a legendary

Even if you have 4 legendaries right now, which is rare even for the most hardcore players, chances are still pretty good (~50%) you don't have AotHG yet.

As long as one cannot reliably(!) obtain at least 6 legendaries, telling people "it's fine, you will get it" is ridiculous. I mean, try to tell that to seomone who got the neck, Sephuz Secret and the Blur chest

Most active people have 2 legendaries now, some 3. By the times the raids opened, 99% of people had either 1 or 0 legendaries.

If those DHs had the ring, I'm sorry, it was not "hard job", it was them being lucky as fuck.
    Many don't even know how blizz support the pro scene is but shhh. I was in 10 years ago, I know how it works with CM/GM supporting their "showcase".
    At least also, you can't say they are only lucky, man they are organized af and they play while you don't, always.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    I mean, try to tell that to seomone who got the neck, Sephuz Secret and the Blur chest
    Hi i only need sephuz to meet that criteria, fuck me

Deleted

So you actually think its a pure coincidence that the DHs in the top5 guilds in the world has the ring? Nothing to do with the fact that they probably have like 12-14hours of playtime per day, with 300-500 m+ done etc? Again, of course there arent any guarantees, but they sure do alot more to improve their chances than others. By now most hardcore players or just the ones doing alot of mythics (300+ by now) have 3-4 legendaries, sure that doesnt guarantee the ring, but it makes it alot more likely to get it.

So you actually think its a pure coincidence that the DHs in the top5 guilds in the world has the ring? Nothing to do with the fact that they probably have like 12-14hours of playtime per day, with 300-500 m+ done etc? Again, of course there arent any guarantees, but they sure do alot more to improve their chances than others. By now most hardcore players or just the ones doing alot of mythics (300+ by now) have 3-4 legendaries, sure that doesnt guarantee the ring, but it makes it alot more likely to get it.
    Yeah, I think it is luck. Even if they all had 4/5 legendaries in their bags (something we don't know), they still had to get 1 out of 8 legendaries to had the ring. And all of this in the first mythic week.

They had more chances? Sure, they do. Again, we still don't know how the roll for the legendaries work.

Deleted
    Yeah, I think it is luck. Even if they all had 4/5 legendaries in their bags (something we don't know), they still had to get 1 out of 8 legendaries to had the ring. And all of this in the first mythic week.

They had more chances? Sure, they do. Again, we still don't know how the roll for the legendaries work.
    We do know that bad luck protection exists. And that the chance to get a legendary is improved each time you do "possible legendarydrop-content" by x%. And improves with higher numbers when doing harder content. But the roll for what legendary you get when you actually get one, how that one works we dont know thats true.

If you think you got the ring because of hard work you are deluded, you just got lucky af.

It wasn't all run 500+ m+ dungeons at 3 chest speed. In the pro scene where split raiding lives you have several people playing multiple classes. As the legendaries started falling, the ones who got the extreamly powerful ones were a decision on who played what in the main comp. Do you feel that didn't happen? You're silly. They played what they had to play due to RNG, not because they got lucky. THAT is why this system if a failure even at the highest level of game play.

Deleted
    I honestly highly doubt there is bad luck protection for the legendary system. I'm at 220 mythic+ dungeons completed so far and I have only 1 legendary. People who are playing a lot less compared to me are sitting on 2-3 legendaries right now. Seriously who at blizzard thought that this was a brilliant idea that will make players happy? It's like a big fuck you to the players who are devoting their time to farm m+ and play more.

Our resto druid, who has only done 50 mythic+ so far is having 3 legendaries, barely plays the game outside the raids. Someone please enlighten me how the hell is this system supposed to be fun/exciting/fair? How the hell am I supposed to be happy when I farm my ass of for the 2nd legendary but get for example Prydaz or Sephuz? Seriously what were they thinking at blizzard?