Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    theyre obviously putting everything into D4 otherwise they would've made x2 for D3.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    im excited
    Necromancer, yeah it will cost money but eh, its gonna be so much fun!
    2 new zones, pretty good
    and the event so hyped
    At least some people are excited for the barebones announcement.

I'm a bit disappointed, I was really hoping for an expansion, it's nice Blizzard isn't exactly abandoning D3 but I think it deserves a bit more love than their giving it. I'll wait and see what the cost of the character pack is, if it's not outrageous (in my opinion) I might get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naytham View Post
    theyre obviously putting everything into D4 otherwise they would've made x2 for D3.
    Maybe! Barebones new content - sounds like ill do what I have done for the last 1.5 years with D3...play every 2nd or 3rd season for a week or two. In the meantime, I guess Lost Ark and Lineage Eternal are actually on my radar now for some modern ARPG entertainment.

Skip my earlier post, nothing that exciting coming appearently...

Quoting this from reddit: "In addition to unlocking the Necromancer as a playable character, players will also receive an in-game pet, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs (on PC), a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and banner sigil."

Well, here's hoping the new zones will atleast contain a Kanai Cube like element to spice up builds. Don't really see the game staying too entertaining if all we get is a new class and a new zone to rush through for bounties. =/

I stopped playing D3 like 4 years ago. Didn't even buy the expansion. No way I come back now.

Disappointed by this announcement.

They should just move to something new. D3 is dead a long time ago.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck. That's my reaction.
    This is so poorly. I was here ready to blow 50 EUR-ish on a brand new (Expansion, Game or Remake).

However.. I'm getting.. 2-small zones? Free..
    A purchaseable ... Class? (Heroes on HS are going for 10 EUR). So you can imagine those going for at LEAST 20 EUR.

And .. that's it? Please... "YOU'RE GETTING THE DIABLO 1 xx DUNGEONS ".
    It's Diablos 20th ANNIVERSARY god damn. Most companies even hitting 1 year ANNI who with 50% off or even free event.

This is just horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed, I was really hoping for an expansion, it's nice Blizzard isn't exactly abandoning D3 but I think it deserves a bit more love than their giving it. I'll wait and see what the cost of the character pack is, if it's not outrageous (in my opinion) I might get it.
    A bit? And you're still willing to go through with it? That's what we call being blizzard "loyal/bit-h".

Excited to see the Necromancer, however was hoping for his inclusion in either an expansion or a HD remake.

I'm a bit annoyed that we're going to have to pay just to get the new class in the current game.

Diablo 1 is meh. The game was never very good, and that's from someone who played it when it first came out. Im not really interested in the game just porting in the same kind of sprites and limiting your movement in the name of "nostalgia." I'd rather have just a full remake of Diablo 1 in Diablo 3 if that's how they're going to do it.

Still, my hype for the Necromancer died really quickly when he wasn't part of an expansion or a HD remake. 20th anniversary for one of their three biggest franchises and this is all we get.

I guess it goes to show you its easier to just pump out overpriced shit for HotS or focus more on pay-to-win Hearthstone to bring in the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I stopped playing D3 like 4 years ago. Didn't even buy the expansion. No way I come back now.

How about you move to something new? Go play PoE or Overwatch I don't know. There are people who like D3 and play it contantly 8th season in the row. Why should devs spend time on you and not on us?
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    How about you move to something new? Go play PoE or Overwatch I don't know. There are people who like D3 and play it contantly 8th season in the row. Why should devs spend time on you and not on us?
    Diablo 2 - Ladder season reset in a couple weeks.

If you want to play anything, there you go. Massive fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they have so much work to do on itemization in the game currently. Kind of disappointed its not an expansion where they could use a clean slate. . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

D3 isn't even close to being dead. If you havent played RoS, you're missing out.

Deleted
    Can't Wait for D1 remake so many good memories

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Diablo 2 - Ladder season reset in a couple weeks.

If you want to play anything, there you go. Massive fun.
    Wrong quote? I'm having a blast in D3, I don't care about some 10 y/o game. You should post it to the guy whom i've quoted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I feel like they have so much work to do on itemization in the game currently. Kind of disappointed its not an expansion where they could use a clean slate. . . .
    Because without expansions they can't rework talent system? rework paragon system? and sell you this new/reworked features?
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

I felt RoS would have been a perfect expac for Necromancer, but was pleased to have Crusader in any case. Looking forward to trying necro again
    Horseshit.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least with an expansion you can bet on deep system changes and further ironing out QoL issues since it's essentially allowed to do so but all we're getting is a patch and a character pack. This is still Reaper of Souls. This is still the same developer which already has problems in regards to balance and diversity. This is a game which has lost nearly all the senior staff.

They had their opportunity to take the story in to new territories with the Necromancer. Exploring the Priests of Rathma and how they are involved in and directly tied to nearly every thing past and present in order to maintain balance but instead went the easy way out by seeing dollar signs without even having to produce any new content much like the Crusader and Westmarch.

They sacrificed moving forward for the sake of character slots, portraits, banners, sigils and capitalizing on a class fans have wanted since the beginning. It would have made more sense if they turned the Diablo 1 content in to its own release, charged $10, and gave some kind of sense that they didn't completely throw the Diablo 3 community under the bus by releasing all of this non-expansion "content" in a game which desperately needs every bit of content it can get for free.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Because without expansions they can't rework talent system? rework paragon system? and sell you this new/reworked features?
    They could but I really doubt they will. If they can't work out an actual expansion after all this time and have to rely on character packs to generate income then, at best, we're looking at a skeleton crew which is likely going to perform damage control before they introduce sweeping changes from within an expansion.

You can quote me on that one. If I am wrong then I will literally make you the finest apology in Paint that no money can buy.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-11-04 at 09:36 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Paid DLC shouldnt be too bad "if" its cheap,.
    but i fear they may get a taste of money and start making more packs rather than work on the expac we need...
    Paid DLC is what Diablo might need to become as profitable as Blizzards other platforms, resulting in way more, higher quality content. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Paid DLC is what Diablo might need to become as profitable as Blizzards other platforms, resulting in way more, higher quality content. Bring it on.
    Go with the PoE route of making it F2P with microtransactions and I'm aaaaaall game. Like this though it's terrible if expansions continue to be B2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    A bit? And you're still willing to go through with it? That's what we call being blizzard "loyal/bit-h".
    My expectations weren't high to begin with so "a bit" is quite an accurate description for my response, it's pretty clear that D3 is their lowest priority game now since it lacks microtransactions. "Might" is also a key word in my last sentence, I said I might if the price isn't ridiculous, I won't buy a character pack if it's more than say $15 so "loyalty" has limits, as I'd much rather pay full price for an actual expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    My expectations weren't high to begin with so "a bit" is quite an accurate description for my response, it's pretty clear that D3 is their lowest priority game now since it lacks microtransactions. "Might" is also a key word in my last sentence, I said I might if the price isn't ridiculous, I won't buy a character pack if it's more than say $15 so "loyalty" has limits, as I'd much rather pay full price for an actual expansion.
    You definitely won't buy it in that case. $15 is 100% not going to happen, this is Blizzard.