Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Trial left in three weeks over LOOT
    Just as many bad examples you can give about trials leaving for loot, so can others give plenty amount of examples where the guilds are just jerks with their loot by not giving anything to their trialists.

My example : I left my guild mid HFC mythic when one of the officers grabbed tier token for chance to be warforged when he already had the token and set bonus vs it being my 4 piece set bonus while being on trial. Call me lootwhore all you want, but that shit was just retarded after being on trial for 5 weeks, just because I have my own company to run and I couldnt guarantee 100% attendance.

I think most guilds still need to adapt that the average age of the wow player is shifting and hopefully most arent basement dwellers anymore , meaning that sometimes you actually do have real life obligations that should be prioritized over raiding with 19 virtual friends. Does it suck from a guild management perspective ? Yes I totally agree, Ive been on that side as well.

You can give people all the "there is no I in teamwork" crap , in the end we all play the game ( aside for the challenge ) for loot. Clearly when shit is overly stupidly done in regards to loot you should just abandon ship and hope for a better place.

On topic though : During first week of trial , as others have posted - its best to just pm an officer how they feel about it, its good in general to speak with your guild about just.. anything .

All you fuckin people acting like a progressed guild you join owes you anything immediatly. Speaking for my guild do you know how many apps there are. I'd you want to be a sniveling bitch get the fuck out and good riddance

All you fuckin people acting like a progressed guild you join owes you anything immediatly. Speaking for my guild do you know how many apps there are. I'd you want to be a sniveling bitch get the fuck out and good riddance
    If a trial outperforms you, he is carrying you. Is it the reason you're so mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Here it is ladies and gentlemen, the classic baby rage when one is unable to have a logical conversation. Truly a sight to behold, we should all grovel for being blessed with the opportunity to witness this.

I sure as hell wouldn't do it unless I talked to the officers first. Even then, I wouldn't even bring it up if they're still running heroic.

Edit: Man, loot disputes on this forum is the greatest.
    Last edited by Kuruption; 2016-11-04 at 03:39 PM.

That's justified. He is putting in just as much work as everyone else and your council shows their greed by not even giving him a single item in three weeks?

My buddy did the say thing, trialing for a guild, top 3 in dps and they don't give him a single piece of gear so he up and left.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    That's justified. He is putting in just as much work as everyone else and your council shows their greed by not even giving him a single item in three weeks?

My buddy did the say thing, trialing for a guild, top 3 in dps and they don't give him a single piece of gear so he up and left.
    He's trying to prove himself to them. Not the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

Tldr this thread. People join guilds and flake because they don't get loot justifying the guilds policy of core members over trials. Thread delivers on the hilarity and plebian mindset.

If I went into a guild as a trial and out performed 90% of the raid that's when the tables turn and that the guild has to prove themselves to me or I apply to even higher ranked guild.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    If I went into a guild as a trial and out performed 90% of the raid that's when the tables turn and that the guild has to prove themselves to me or I apply to even higher ranked guild.
    Well duh. Pretty sure anyone would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    And there's a very big reason most guilds don't:
    They don't know if the trial will stay or not. If the trial doesn't stay, it'll be waste of loot to give it to them, no matter how big an upgrade it is
    If the trial helped you progress then they have at least earned some loot considering 99% of the other drops will be going towards guild members. I can understand holding them from loot the first week so you can see how they do and evaluate if you want to continue with the trial, but weeks 2 and more? You are showing you clearly don't respect them and only want to use them for progression.

OK flakeity flake

- - - Updated - - -

If the trial helped you progress then they have at least earned some loot considering 99% of the other drops will be going towards guild members. I can understand holding them from loot the first week so you can see how they do and evaluate if you want to continue with the trial, but weeks 2 and more? You are showing you clearly don't respect them and only want to use them for progression.
    They should be honored if they are chosen for PROGRESSION fights. And if they are on PROGRESSION they probably have equal loot prior assuming their not a weak class

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    Well duh. Pretty sure anyone would do that.
    Well yeah, but the person I quoted stated that my friend that was in the situation of outperforming most of the raid whIle being 15 item levels lower and not having received any loot in 3 weeks is anot entitled loot whore for leaving and seeking better opportunities.

Prove himself in what way? Clearly if he is out performing other raiders from week 1 he is already proving himself so there has to be some other standard outside of performance that your guild utilizes because if someone hasn't proven themselves in three weeks then both the guild and the player need to part ways.

OK flakeity flake
    So let me get this straight because I seriously want to understand your lack of logic.

If I got into a guild as a trial and don't meet their standards and expectations I can be dropped and it's 100% okay the guild is within it's rights. But, if I trial with a guild and find out that they do not meet my standards and leave because of it, I'm a flake.

You are starting to sound more entitled than any loot whore I've met on top of sounding like a massive hypocrite.

I personally would never trial in a guild that refused to give me loot. If you're trialing in a guild that's cleared and is on farm, then they don't need the gear any more than you do and if you're trialing in a guild that needs you for progression, and you help them kill a boss, then you've earned gear as much as they have.
    Obviously most, if not all, guilds will prioritize existing members because they know that when they give loot to a tried, tested and trustworthy part of their team that it's not wasted. If your spot isn't guaranteed then it's natural to assume you're last on the pecking order, but an outright 'no loot for trials' policy is never something I would buy into.

a lot of guild officers make common mistake of thinking only they are trialing player forgeting that trial period is also a time when trialists asses if guild is worth staying in - in this case clearly it wasnt.

Prove himself in what way? Clearly if he is out performing other raiders from week 1 he is already proving himself so there has to be some other standard outside of performance that your guild utilizes because if someone hasn't proven themselves in three weeks then both the guild and the player need to part ways.
    There is more to raiding then DPS numbers. One is dedication and attitude. If they leave over loot they saved the guild the effort of purging them later

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    a lot of guild officers make common mistake of thinking only they are trialing player forgeting that trial period is also a time when trialists asses if guild is worth staying in - in this case clearly it wasnt.
    Assessing if they like to guild should be done before they accept the trial. The guild has no obligation to the trial until he has shown them loyalty and dependability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I personally would never trial in a guild that refused to give me loot. If you're trialing in a guild that's cleared and is on farm, then they don't need the gear any more than you do and if you're trialing in a guild that needs you for progression, and you help them kill a boss, then you've earned gear as much as they have.
    Obviously most, if not all, guilds will prioritize existing members because they know that when they give loot to a tried, tested and trustworthy part of their team that it's not wasted. If your spot isn't guaranteed then it's natural to assume you're last on the pecking order, but an outright 'no loot for trials' policy is never something I would buy into.
    Don't need gear? Trial of valor is out next week and nighthold in 3 months. Odds are they won't be undertuned garbage like EN

You people who think you should be rewarded with gear should just stick to lugging. Your reward is a comoetent guild that can clear mythic with near certainty and doing a huge leapfrog in skipped progression when u somehow get into one your first time

Gear isn't a reward. Gear are tools to be used where most effective to clear the tier so EVERYONE gets the vanity and gear that come with its completion

- - - Updated - - -

So let me get this straight because I seriously want to understand your lack of logic.

If I got into a guild as a trial and don't meet their standards and expectations I can be dropped and it's 100% okay the guild is within it's rights. But, if I trial with a guild and find out that they do not meet my standards and leave because of it, I'm a flake.

You are starting to sound more entitled than any loot whore I've met on top of sounding like a massive hypocrite.
    "Your standards ". What's your standards? Entitlteme from farm content they already ran progression and millions of gold through?

The guild is not there to please your ever desire. You joined based on the information you gathered. If you made a bad choice and leave because no gear PR you had to sit half the raid. Tough shit. That's mythic raiding
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-04 at 05:18 PM.

The guild is not there to please your ever desire.
    yes they are - and if they arent there are literaly thousands other guilds out there to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Assessing if they like to guild should be done before they accept the trial.
    pls enlighten me how do you assess people behaviour and raid atomosphere before joining the guild ? -_-

yes they are - and if they arent there are literaly thousands other guilds out there to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

pls enlighten me how do you assess people behaviour and raid atomosphere before joining the guild ? -_-
    There are far more app then competent mythic guilds on a per region basis. And most of them shae the sentiment that core members come before trials.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Read and interview process ask questions. If your worried about loot you shouldn't be applying to a progression focused guild. This isn't friends and family funtime everyone is a winner yay!

The guild invested in u by trailing u and not someone else. Fi ish the trial and reap the benefits. Trials about a month are standard unless the player is absolutely exceptional on a new progression fight or progression kill. If your in progression kills and perform ezceptionally trial u lessly ends on last raid day of that week and promoted
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-04 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post
    You must've heard a lot of shit then if this is the best..
    I didn't say THE BEST. I said in a while. While being how long exactlly?