Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bilzzcon; no new games/big expansions ( except hs)

Hi,
    what are your guys/gals opinion about this??

Personally i would have like to hear about a major expansion or new version etc for any of the games. All we got is some hero's here and there. so small maps for some of the games and a hs expansion.

So
    No starcraft 3 or starcraft; new expanion.
    No warcraft stuff Not mad about this one just got the expansion and just got the 7.1 patch
    No Heroes of the storm stuff ( again kinda get it with all the small content getting released all the time).
    No diablo 4 or expansion. Yeah diablo 1 thing sounds cool. But you would expect at the 20th anniversary to get a major expansion or a new diablo 4
    No epic new overwatch stuff. 1 hero....

so 2015 we got legion and starcraft mission pack. this year almost nothing.

6 games and all we got was a hs expansion. I would have at least expected to hear about a sequel or major expansion for 1 of the games.
    Anyone else expedited something more?

I thought for sure they would announce another Starcraft Expansion or sequel. Oh well. They keep adding new content to their franchises so can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    so 2015 we got legion and starcraft mission pack. this year almost nothing.
    Are you a time traveler from alternate timeline or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    While we are watching the opening ceremony, he already came from the future to tell us that Blizzard showed nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Last blizzcon we got legion announcement.

And this blizzcon almost nothing. Yes blizzcon is not finished yet. But ANYTHING major always gets told in the opening ceremony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    While we are watching the opening ceremony, he already came from the future to tell us that Blizzard showed nothing lol
    This was posted after the ceremony was done. As for what i said to linadra, major expansions etc always get talked about in the opening ceremony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    I thought for sure they would announce another Starcraft Expansion or sequel. Oh well. They keep adding new content to their franchises so can't complain.
    That is the one good thing yeah. allot of neat little stuff for the games. And the diablo 3 maps + diablo 1 remake sounds cool.

And this blizzcon almost nothing. Yes blizzcon is not finished yet. But ANYTHING major always gets told in the opening ceremony.

- - - Updated - - -

This was posted after the ceremony was done. As for what i said to linadra, major expansions etc always get talked about in the opening ceremony.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the one good thing yeah. allot of neat little stuff for the games. And the diablo 3 maps + diablo 1 remake sounds cool.
    People want to hope until the last. Nothing grand is happening to any game this BlizzCon.

There's also the Necromancer coming for Diablo 3.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Well we cant have an new franchise or expansion every year.

That being said it does feel a little light and in-comparison to other years, especially when we know they have chosen to skip it in other years for lack of announcements. So far feels like this one should have been a contender.

As people were pointing out when the scheduled was revealed its becoming more of an esports event, than the bombshell announcements and deep dive of old Blizzcons.

Deleted
    Every once in a while you get a lackluster Blizzcon.

Also can't believe Hearthstone is still getting new cards. It looks so stale now.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Last Blizzcon had absolutely NO announcements. Legion was announced before Blizzcon. Blizzcon was garbage last year.

Legion was announced at gamescom august 2015 not blizzcon

15+ Year Old Account
    But hey there is a 10% chanse of 'legacy servers' they might disclose after BLZCON!
    Meanwhile pirate servers are rocking.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashroot View Post
    Legion was announced at gamescom august 2015 not blizzcon
    my bad. But not the point.

I think it is a very bad thing for blizzard, if they can't show they are working on something big.

Right now they are going to go to next year with "ok, here is a new overwatch character, afew maps. Oh look, another d3 character! Not everything here is card game expansion !!!!!" :/

It looks bad. They probably are doing something, but not far enough yet to show it :/.

Deleted
    At least they achieved a new record - WORST BLIZZCON EVER !

Deleted
    it seemed like they were expecting to people to be more hyped about the diablo announcement. i think the new diablo class and diablo 1 thing, and the hearthstone expac are their 2 major announcements this year. if so, thats extremely lackluster. If there was anything else major to announce, i thought it would have a tleast been teased in the opening ceremony.

sombra wasn't really major, they've been teasing that for months, everyone knew it was coming, and i'd be surprised if anyone is still excited for sombra at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    There's also the Necromancer coming for Diablo 3.
    That you have to buy... cause that'll get people back to d3 for sure! Being told that they're not even bothering with an expansion, but instead a class you don't even get for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treecko View Post
    Last Blizzcon had absolutely NO announcements. Legion was announced before Blizzcon. Blizzcon was garbage last year.
    you take that back. blizzcon had some of the sexiest succubus and elf cosplay last year.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you take that back. blizzcon had some of the sexiest succubus and elf cosplay last year.
    Reminds me of watching the ppl in the crowd now at the OW games. The average gender, weight did not give much hope for humanity
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Well, they can't have a new expansion for a game or an entirely new franchise coming with each Blizzcon... pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Reminds me of watching the ppl in the crowd now at the OW games. The average gender, weight did not give much hope for humanity
    ... Wtf?