Thread: No 7.3?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    7.2.x in early 2017, Nighthold.
    7.2.x in mid/late 2017, Tomb of Sargeras.
    7.3 in late 2017/early 2018, Argus.

Probably another ToV thrown in there somewhere.
    Nighthold isn't 7.2. It's ingame atm and will open at the end of the questline, in roughly 7 weeks. Atleast that's the safest assumption. They aren't having 2 raids come out in 7.2, Tomb is confirmed 7.2. So Nighthold must be sooner, and the questline leading up to the opening makes the most sense by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Deezlar View Post
    Lets face it... Blizz have been dragged down by the community.

Its no surprise that they play their cards close to their chest these days.
    Personally I'm all for it.. Datamining is cool and all, but a little surprise is nice.

There will be a 7.3. The reason they haven't explicitly said what is in it, is because they aren't internally creating release candidates for said patch,
    because the community will use whatever they say as a stick to beat them with if they fall a nanometer short of their projected features.

We have had very solid info for the next minor patch, and broad strokes for the next major one.

Be fucking grateful they are still deigning to provide us with that much up front... I fucking wouldn't, and I don't with my users... seriously, end users are the single worst thing about software dev.
    IT'S ARGUS. How are people missing this shit.

To be fair Argus is likely 1-2 zones and a raid. It is just a content patch after all. Let's not get some bullshit started where people are literally expecting another planet/continent in one content patch.
    Why? We don't know what is confirmed yet. We can speculate. And to be honest I see it being better than Tanaan/TI.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Nighthold isn't 7.2. It's ingame atm and will open at the end of the questline, in roughly 7 weeks. Atleast that's the safest assumption. They aren't having 2 raids come out in 7.2, Tomb is confirmed 7.2. So Nighthold must be sooner, and the questline leading up to the opening makes the most sense by far.
    You can call the patch whatever the hell you want but it doesn't change that Nighthold is coming between roughly December to February and will last roughly half a year til Tomb of Sargeras releases, which will once again last roughly half a year til the last major patch, Argus, comes out.

You can call the patch whatever the hell you want but it doesn't change that Nighthold is coming between roughly December to February and will last roughly half a year til Tomb of Sargeras releases, which will once again last roughly half a year til the last major patch, Argus, comes out.
    Gotta remember though we will have small content patches in between to ease the pacing and try and remove the feel of burnout.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why? We don't know what is confirmed yet. We can speculate. And to be honest I see it being better than Tanaan/TI.
    That's so delusional it doesn't even deserve a response. You really think in a content patch we're going to get a Draenor for our max level characters? You're insane. PLEASE do not get this bullshit started with all the morons in this community.

It does change that fact that you listed it as 7.2.x when it is not 7.2.x

IT'S ARGUS. How are people missing this shit.
    I didn't once hear them say "7.3 we go to Argus"... Its logical to assume, but not definitive

Why didnt they say anything about 7.4?! 7.5?! OMG!

.. If Nighthold Starts at the end of the questchain in Suramar (which makes the most sense) It will be the 27th of December, or the 3rd of January. Not Febuary.

Gotta remember though we will have small content patches in between to ease the pacing and try and remove the feel of burnout.
    Not sure how that changes my raid release schedule. I'm not complaining about any of this. There is easily 18 months of content in the pipeline that we can see already.

That's so delusional it doesn't even deserve a response. You really think in a content patch we're going to get a Draenor for our max level characters? You're insane. PLEASE do not get this bullshit started with all the morons in this community.
    Where did I say we would get a continent the size of an expansion? I said it would be bigger than TI/Tanaan imo that is all. I can speculate if I want. I believe it will be bigger than one zone but not the size of something we see in an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    .. If Nighthold Starts at the end of the questchain in Suramar (which makes the most sense) It will be the 27th of December, or the 3rd of January. Not Febuary.
    Semantics. It's still going to be roughly Summer time by the time Tomb of Sargeras comes out. Nighthold and Tomb will take up all of 2017.

The interview after that panel was over specifically had the Dev mention that 7.3 is too far away for them to talk about but he dropped 7.3 as information.

Deleted
    7.2.x in early 2017, Nighthold.
    7.2.x in mid/late 2017, Tomb of Sargeras.
    7.3 in late 2017/early 2018, Argus.

Probably another ToV thrown in there somewhere.
    If you think 7.2 will be in late 2017, you're delusional. So Nighthold should come out early January and then Tomb of Sargeras should release like October or November that year? There will probably be a max of 5 months between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundh View Post
    If you think 7.2 will be in late 2017, you're delusional. So Nighthold should come out early January and then Tomb of Sargeras should release like October or November that year? There will probably be a max of 5 months between them.
    Well according to interviews they want 6 months between raids. So if Nighthold came out in lets say January/February they would aim to have Tomb out by July/August. However if it opens in 7 weeks as people have speculated then Tomb would be on release for late June.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    The interview after that panel was over specifically had the Dev mention that 7.3 is too far away for them to talk about but he dropped 7.3 as information.
    Exactly 7.3 will launch at best right before next blizzcon, aka a year after we had legion or after it, early 2018.

Everyone forgets that it's blizzard we're talking about, they'll take their sweet time, we won't have a major patch every 3, 4 months, only minor ones hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Semantics. It's still going to be roughly Summer time by the time Tomb of Sargeras comes out. Nighthold and Tomb will take up all of 2017.
    Yeah, your initial statement was just wrong. It got corrected, expect that on forums. Call something 7.2 that we know for a fact isn't, you'll be corrected and that's okay. Try not to get so defensive. You are right in your estimate, but something a bit more specific is

Nighthold - Late December-Early January
    Tomb - Late May-Early July
    7.3 Raid -Early October-Late November (Hyped at Blizzcon 2017+The release date for it)
    7.3.5 + 7.4 - Announced in detail mega hype fest at Blizzcon 2017.

Deleted
    Well according to interviews they want 6 months between raids. So if Nighthold came out in lets say January/February they would aim to have Tomb out by July/August.
    They said they wanted Nighthold to be out in January, which is only 4 ½ months from release. Even if the 6 months are true from Nighthold to Tomb, it will hardly be late 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundh View Post
    They said they wanted Nighthold to be out in January, which is only 4 ½ months from release. Even if the 6 months are true from Nighthold to Tomb, it will hardly be late 2017.
    So at a guess 7.2 in July/August.