Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    KJ not being dead has been pretty clear. From the "death animation" in the sunwell raid to the fact that KJ picked up the phone with Gul'dan in the audio drama released right before Legion.

Would he be the end-boss of the entire expansion I'd be a bit disappointing seeing as he filled that role of a previous one. But as a last boss of a patch, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Im pondering this

or at the least they dont have a full raid map yet and part of the encounter or the encounter takes place beyond the portal.

I mean HES standing right there. clearly infront of it i'd assume.

- - - Updated - - -

2/10 more then you deserve
    i make a point. The response is anger and lack of intelligence to disprove my point, i am called a troll. Sounds right. Love MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I know a lot of people have been speculating that Kil'jaeden would be back and all sorts...

But seriously story telling of blizzard is not better than powerangers...

Why do we need to repeat the same bosses again and again, there must be like thousands of potential "bosses" and they just pick something they've done before.

And it wouldn't annoy me if it was the 1st time they did this but srsly what we even killing them for... they gonna res themselves.

I am calling dibs on Deathwing being back since we are timewalking, and if wow is up until year 2100 Ragnaros will be an end tier boss for at least 25 raids.
    For someone who compares WoWs story-telling to Power Rangers you'd think you'd actually know enough about it's lore to come to that conclusion...

And yet, here you are completely ignoring the fact that we have NEVER killed Kil'jaeden. We fought him to drive him back from entering through the sunwell, but never killed. Please do your homework before you make baseless claims. (or do the cool kids call it "check yourself" these days?)

I'm more excited at the thought that the 9 bosses will include wrynn, thrall, bolvar etc

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I'm more excited at the thought that the 9 bosses will include wrynn, thrall, bolvar etc
    It looks like nearly all of them have been revealed:

Infernal/Pitlord/Rhino guy
    Inquisitor
    Naga Brute
    Naga Seawitch
    Elf Council
    "Reliquary"
    Kil'jaeden

There's no mention of the 9th boss though.

angry OP not understanding what happened in game makes for stupid but funny thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Oh? Fairly sure that the Tomb of Sargeras would count as a fel saturated area, so if we kill him there, hes dead forever.
    They keep ret-conning that shit. They always go like "well, it was not sufficiently fel saturated to defeat a being as powerful as kil'jaeden".

I mean.. look at the freaking place we killed archimonde the 2nd time... plenty fucking fel everywhere in the whole zone... it was literally a overload of fel, yet we know he is probably not dead.

Hey, this expansion is called Legion. We should be fighting Nefarian, not Kil'jaeden.

>OP makes thread about Kil'Jaeden speaking as if he was already dead.
    >OP vanishes while tons of comments pour in, for over a day.

Clearly, this is a troll thread meant to get your jimmies in a knot. Calm down, move on.

Deleted
    While it's true that Kil'Jaeden has a significant amount of lore and thematic reasons to be brought back, especially for a legion expansion, it's undeniable that Blizzard are getting a bit too fond of resurrections. We've had countless baddies spring back to life in one form or another over the last years, and honestly I'd rather see some new characters being developed over the course of a couple of expansions to end up as ultimate evil end bosses. I guess they almost kind of pulled it off with Gul'dan, but for some reason it always fell a bit short. Another promising candidate was Wrathion, but his story fizzled out into nothing for reasons unknown, and also rather dissapointingly since he was aware of (or involved in?) the legion's plans for a while. There's plenty of characters in Warcraft lore they can progressively build into major players for either side, so while it may be justifiable citing lore reasons to whip the old bosses back into existence, it feels rather uninspired after a few times.

My other major problem with this is that it detracts from the significance of actually killing a boss the first time around, since he's so easy to bring back thus rendering all the massive effort a pointless endeavour. Will there be any real weight and satisfaction after killing Gul'dan, when there's an enormous chance he'll be brought back a few expansions down the line because he's such a great baddie and everybody loved the character? That's forcing player's suspension of disbelief a bit too much, and in a world of talking cows and fighting pandas, there really needs to be some outline of the rules so it doesn't get too silly.

All in all, the odd resurrection is cool, but they really need to keep it in check.
    Last edited by mmoc458f1c851f; 2016-11-05 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigodolfa View Post
    While it's true that Kil'Jaeden has a significant amount of lore and thematic reasons to be brought back, especially for a legion expansion, it's undeniable that Blizzard are getting a bit too fond of resurrections. We've had countless baddies spring back to life in one form or another over the last years, and honestly I'd rather see some new characters being developed over the course of a couple of expansions to end up as ultimate evil end bosses. I guess they almost kind of pulled it off with Gul'dan, but for some reason it always fell a bit short. Another promising candidate was Wrathion, but his story fizzled out into nothing for reasons unknown, and also rather dissapointingly since he was aware of (or involved in?) the legion's plans for a while. There's plenty of characters in Warcraft lore they can progressively build into major players for either side, so while it may be justifiable citing lore reasons to whip the old bosses back into existence, it feels rather uninspired after a few times.

My other major problem with this is that it detracts from the significance of actually killing a boss the first time around, since he's so easy to bring back thus rendering all the massive effort a pointless endeavour. Will there be any real weight and satisfaction after killing Gul'dan, when there's an enormous chance he'll be brought back a few expansions down the line because he's such a great baddie and everybody loved the character? That's forcing player's suspension of disbelief a bit too much, and in a world of talking cows and fighting pandas, there really needs to be some outline of the rules so it doesn't get too silly.

All in all, the odd resurrection is cool, but they really need to keep it in check.
    Kil'jaeden was always meant to come back. In the Sunwell, he was simply pushed back through the portal he was in - he never died, so he's not being resurrected in a lore sense. He's also made appearances for classes like Rogues and Demon Hunters several times this expansion, leading to him being a bigger part of the story of the expansion.

As for other characters, many people would agree with you. Lots of people disliked the fact that demons can be reborn again and again when that was mentioned in WoD with HFC and Archimonde's return. However, it's also mentioned in Legion and the Illidan novel, demons die fully when they are killed in the Twisting Nether and/or fel-corrupted worlds. Illidan has his Illidari take advantage of this on Nathreza, the homeworld of the Nathrezim, and many demons died there without a chance of resurrection. Since KJ (and other demons) are being killed in the Tomb of Sargeras, in a portal to (presumably) Argus, it's a safe bet this is the last time we'll see him. There's also Argus after this, where we'll presumably kill other important demons fully.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

How odd, the Op @tratra in a 5 page + thread he strated, hasnt replied once....................
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Stop the presses! The legion expansion features the second most important burning legion character! What a shock!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojaha View Post
    Are there really people excited for a Kil'jaeden fight, or do they just defend anything and everything?
    I hardly am one to defend everything Blizzard does. In fact I think they've gone full greed mode with d3 and the necromancer. But I'm loving Legion and I love that we get to kill KJ once and for all. I mean what did you expect? That we'd just ignore the current commander of the burning legions army's? Of course we have to kill him before we do sargeras. I'm glad to have him as a boss instead of shit like we get in nighthold. Elisandre meh

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    so much anger, and yet still didn't disprove my point. wtg.
    Is your point that you don't understand the story and the way things played out? Because if so, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    the bosses models are already on the frontpage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It looks like nearly all of them have been revealed:

Infernal/Pitlord/Rhino guy
    Inquisitor
    Naga Brute
    Naga Seawitch
    Elf Council
    "Reliquary"
    Kil'jaeden

There's no mention of the 9th boss though.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you;re right

N'zoth!
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-05 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I know a lot of people have been speculating that Kil'jaeden would be back and all sorts...

But seriously story telling of blizzard is not better than powerangers...

Why do we need to repeat the same bosses again and again, there must be like thousands of potential "bosses" and they just pick something they've done before.

And it wouldn't annoy me if it was the 1st time they did this but srsly what we even killing them for... they gonna res themselves.

I am calling dibs on Deathwing being back since we are timewalking, and if wow is up until year 2100 Ragnaros will be an end tier boss for at least 25 raids.
    TFW somebody doesn't know how lore works in wow
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Deleted
    dont worry.. they are just reusing old stuff... be hyped for the lichkings return cause the restless scourge will walk again.

i mean come on... a pitlord guarding the entrence of the raid? (just like sunwell) kiljaeden again? this is BC all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojaha View Post
    Are there really people excited for a Kil'jaeden fight, or do they just defend anything and everything?
    I was super excited about ragnaros with legs. There's already a stain on my pants thinking of those sexy twigs kiljaeden will be rocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Oh? Fairly sure that the Tomb of Sargeras would count as a fel saturated area, so if we kill him there, hes dead forever.
    That's pretty much moving goal posts for a Legion world.