Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Let's hope there's no flying on August, then. I really don't see why we'd have to have flying; we have the flight master-whistle, right? While I think it's inane on its own, getting flying back on top of it? No thanks.
    The few months I came back to wow (after taking a break just as 5.0 prepatch hit to July 2016), no flying was the main draw.
    World pvp in Legion is enjoyable again. Flying will remove that, likely.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Let's hope there's no flying on August, then. I really don't see why we'd have to have flying; we have the flight master-whistle, right? While I think it's inane on its own, getting flying back on top of it? No thanks.
    The few months I came back to wow (after taking a break just as 5.0 prepatch hit to July 2016), no flying was the main draw.
    World pvp in Legion is enjoyable again. Flying will remove that, likely.

It is possible that it will hurt it, but it is also possible that the crz/sharding tech is actually more responsible for the WPvP recovery (although reports of that recovery are mixed).

This will probably be a "time will tell" thing.

Just going to celebrate Thanksgiving now: I'm thankful that Blizzard finally announced and the stupidity of the no flight thread is gone until 8.0. I'm thankful that Mafic's doomsday prophecies of WoW and the crumbling of the game with ensuing riots has proven completely wrong. I'm thankful flight is being brought back with no strings attached (specifically typing about stupid cannons/patrolling air mobs that people have suggested). I'm thankful that everyone is getting a class mount and that I now have other things to read about (incoming whine threads about how X mount is worse than Y mount). I'm most thankful that, hopefully, people can stop complaining about not knowing when flight is coming out and people who are playing can just enjoy the game now and laugh at the people staying unsubbed until then just to have to spend a month or 2 to get flight after release.

Well, anyone smart among those waiting for flying will get Legion when 7.2 is going to PTR and get the first part done during that time. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Shimejii View Post
    Discuss! Seems nice
    Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Awesome news

I'm now just waiting for Blizz to tell us that we will be going to Argus, and we won't be able to fly there. They seemed to really reinforce the fact that flying was going to be enable on the broken isles, so I can see this being a thing on Argus (Not that I personally bother, I am actually quite enjoying no flying, and I love flying!)
    This has been one of my fears for quote awhile now. I've been part of the argument for longer than most, and I have no real expectations for good flying out of Blizzard.

That being said, however, I do take it as a good sign that Blizzard has finally broken their silence on the matter and given us an exact patch number for the unlock.

And despite my reservations about the entire fiasco of No-Flying, it's still my unreasonable hope that the explanation for the lack of good communication on flying is because Blizzard is working on something exceptional. That they'll apply the same improvements to flying that they've given to every other aspect of Legion. Ultimately I'd like to see ground and air mounts reach parity so there'd be a real choice between the two playstyles.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Don't drop the ball Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just going to celebrate Thanksgiving now: I'm thankful that Blizzard finally announced and the stupidity of the no flight thread is gone until 8.0. I'm thankful that Mafic's doomsday prophecies of WoW and the crumbling of the game with ensuing riots has proven completely wrong. I'm thankful flight is being brought back with no strings attached (specifically typing about stupid cannons/patrolling air mobs that people have suggested). I'm thankful that everyone is getting a class mount and that I now have other things to read about (incoming whine threads about how X mount is worse than Y mount). I'm most thankful that, hopefully, people can stop complaining about not knowing when flight is coming out and people who are playing can just enjoy the game now and laugh at the people staying unsubbed until then just to have to spend a month or 2 to get flight after release.
    Eh....I know we disagreed a lot in the megathread, but I'm sorta glad the extreme polarization can stop too. I think we were all bent too far out of shape about it.

I still think there's room for improvement of the mount system as a whole(allowing for actual aerial content), but flying in 7.2 is a decent start, if a little late for my personal tastes. I just hope there's a 7.3 and 7.4 with lots of mixed flying and no-flying stuff to do, so everyone gets something.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I still think there's room for improvement of the mount system as a whole(allowing for actual aerial content), but flying in 7.2 is a decent start, if a little late for my personal tastes. I just hope there's a 7.3 and 7.4 with lots of mixed flying and no-flying stuff to do, so everyone gets something.
    Good to see reason finally getting the light of day!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Can't tell if you're joking or serious. How do people even differentiate this in the game? We're in a raid and suddenly you'd leave when I tell you I flew to the raid instead of taking a flight path? haha
    It's not the fact that they flew to the raid, it's the fact that the whiner just resubbed to raid only because Blizz added flight.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This has been one of my fears for quote awhile now. I've been part of the argument for longer than most, and I have no real expectations for good flying out of Blizzard.

That being said, however, I do take it as a good sign that Blizzard has finally broken their silence on the matter and given us an exact patch number for the unlock.

And despite my reservations about the entire fiasco of No-Flying, it's still my unreasonable hope that the explanation for the lack of good communication on flying is because Blizzard is working on something exceptional. That they'll apply the same improvements to flying that they've given to every other aspect of Legion. Ultimately I'd like to see ground and air mounts reach parity so there'd be a real choice between the two playstyles.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Don't drop the ball Blizzard.
    I think they just stayed quite so they had more stuff to announce specifically for Blizzcon actually. I am willing to bet they have known for a while that it would come out with 7.2. But since the xpac is all of two months old they probably just figured to hold on to that little tidbit. Partially because they don't have a solid date for 7.2 and partially because they wanted to announce it along with all the other 7.2 goodies we didn't know about yet.

I'm confused with the timeline here a bit. While it's nice to have some insight into the patch cycle, 7.2 seems very, very far away. If that's the Tomb of Sargeras raid patch, that's at least 6-8 months away, if we assume Nighthold will come out in January and last for at least 5-6 months. Am I missing something here?

It's possible they will release the patch earlier than they open up the raid. There could be an intro quest that takes a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't tell if you're joking or serious. How do people even differentiate this in the game? We're in a raid and suddenly you'd leave when I tell you I flew to the raid instead of taking a flight path? haha
    I can't believe people even speculate about this? Who cares why someone delayed buying the expac, whether it was waiting for flying, waiting for a price drop, waiting til they had more free time, or whatever their personal reason was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I unsubbed just before Legion (as in, I left one day before it launched) and I told myself that I would not bother buying the expansion if they drug out the no-fly stuff for too long. While we don't have a release date for 7.2 (which could still be quite a while), this means that I am actually likely to purchase the expansion and play again, which I had kind of written off.

I am still sticking to what I promised myself however and not doing ANYTHING until flight is actually IN the game... but this looks promising.
    Pathfinder takes several weeks. And that's just part 1. Might want to sub a month or so before hand if you want to start working on pathfinder part 2 immediately when 7.2 drops.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    It's not the fact that they flew to the raid, it's the fact that the whiner just resubbed to raid only because Blizz added flight.
    How petty are these people that they hold a grudge on everyone who's resubbed to something they enjoy? To hate on other people having fun?

Well, fuck those guys then. If they're gonna be dicks about other people having fun, they need to get a life.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-11-05 at 05:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I unsubbed just before Legion (as in, I left one day before it launched) and I told myself that I would not bother buying the expansion if they drug out the no-fly stuff for too long. While we don't have a release date for 7.2 (which could still be quite a while), this means that I am actually likely to purchase the expansion and play again, which I had kind of written off.

I am still sticking to what I promised myself however and not doing ANYTHING until flight is actually IN the game... but this looks promising.
    That's pretty fucking weird, son. You must love flying around not doing anything constructive.

Also, guessing part 2 requires all Legion reps at exalted, and the newest one at revered or so, plus some extra quest stuff.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    How petty are these people that they hold a grudge on everyone who's resubbed to something they enjoy? To hate on other people having fun?

Well, fuck those guys then. If they're gonna be dicks about other people having fun, they need to get a life.
    Well, given that no one knows (or cares) that someone was unsubbed and then resubbed because of the lack of flight, it is unlikely that the pro-flight group will even be persecuted. But, if they feel like oversharing and telling their story in the raid, I would not be surprised if someone popped off and called them a whiner. Guess they'll just have to be excited about flight and keep their reasons to themselves.

hopefully flying wont really be obtainable until the end of 7.2 close to 7.3 launch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Well, anyone smart among those waiting for flying
    Hard to say...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    hopefully flying wont really be obtainable until the end of 7.2 close to 7.3 launch
    My guess, just like Draenor, it will be unlockable in a few hours (if you have everything else on point already). I unlocked Draenor Pathfinder in 3 hours after it went live.

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    I'm confused with the timeline here a bit. While it's nice to have some insight into the patch cycle, 7.2 seems very, very far away. If that's the Tomb of Sargeras raid patch, that's at least 6-8 months away, if we assume Nighthold will come out in January and last for at least 5-6 months. Am I missing something here?
    Nope you are correct. Nigjthold will be out in about 8 weeks (speculation with the end of the new night fallen quests) and that raid should last about 4 months minimum (again speculation on previous interviews about schedule). It's still a ways off but still nice to know it's "officially" happening

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Well, given that no one knows (or cares) that someone was unsubbed and then resubbed because of the lack of flight, it is unlikely that the pro-flight group will even be persecuted. But, if they feel like oversharing and telling their story in the raid, I would not be surprised if someone popped off and called them a whiner. Guess they'll just have to be excited about flight and keep their reasons to themselves.
    You're just talking about someone oversharing themselves to strangers, lol. Of course that can be annoying! But if these people are fine with others oversharing personal information about themselves but get triggered on flight, I think they have problems they should deal with.

I mean, they should even expect it. Blizzard's already given the 'flight will be back' announcement from the very beginning. I guess some people are just easily offended by really insignificant things.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-11-05 at 05:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

It's great that flying is going to return!

Also, 7.2 looks massive and I very much like what they are saying about patches (steady stream, small patches in between big ones, etc). If this holds up - and I really hope it will - Legion will redeem WoW for me.

(Now, please, please, work on PVP gearing *and* balance. I see you are trying to get the balance right. Don't forget the gearing. Just give conquest back. Please. Good job with PVP brawls - really appreciated, thanks.)
    Last edited by rda; 2016-11-05 at 05:43 AM.