Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    that feel when you are artifact power 31 and haven't done more than 5 world quests a week

Quote Originally Posted by N0085T3RG0D View Post
    that feel when you are artifact power 31 and haven't done more than 5 world quests a week
    you skimping on ya cache dailies?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Stop grinding then, and wait for higher artifact knowledge.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    The traits are added in 7.2, thats at least 6 months from now. the 4th golden trait will be unlocked by most around january, so u will have about 4 months of maxed out artifact

Deleted
    The problem isnt the system, it's you.

If you just do the 4 emissary each day, and the ocassional heavy AP WQ, you'll be at most 2-3 traits behind someone grinding their behinds off, due to AK.

The system isnt designed to make you grind untill your eyes bleed.

My current main focus is a level 72 hunter Loremaster alt challange, I have no doubt that when 7.2 hits, he will be ready to tackle the new traits. Because I looked at the math behind AK and how quickly you gain them. Btw, I don't think I will hit 110 until late november, early december.

But 7.1.5 introduces a vastly improved AK catch-up mechanic, add to this research and the multiple sources of AP etc...

I vary up my gameplay, I start by checking for heavy AP WQ, I then check if any Emissary quests are AP, I then do these. After that I pvp, maybe 5-10 games, depending on mood and time.

Run the daily heroic, take care of any potential raids, from world boss/LFR up to PUG Heroic EN.

Sometimes I go for a few mythics if I can be arsed scrolling through the cesspool that is mythic premades :P

My point is, at no point did I grind AP, and at no point will I grind AP, and yet my main character is keeping up just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mop Daily Quest Hell 2.0

I haven't been grinding myself out with focusing primarily on AP. I've been doing just the gold and item WQs, leaving the AP and AR for times when I'm bored. I can understand if someone is doing competitive activities though and where this can be a problem in terms of burn out and boredom.

It is not about that you do them, it is about how you do them.
    I play on a PvP server and have a hell lot of fun while doing just the AP wq's with the random PvP wq here and there.
    I just do the gear, gold, ressource wq's when they are near my targeted ones or are doable in like 2 mins.
    With that strategy i got Outlaw to 26 (Yeah i fucked up...I even got Outlaw boots,but I should had gone Assa/Sub) Assasination to 24 and Sub to 27
    When i look back, I would never invest points into Outlaw again, but shit happens.
    All this is done in 1 hour to 1,5 hours and depends on the amount of good wq's

When we look at our current artifact traits(use wowhead to skill them to max) we see that this last trait 1. point gives us 5% dmg/heal/tank and the next just 0.5%
    The question is how will blizz implement these new traits.
    Will they use "new" power?
    Will they start again with 300 but will scale up more (second not 375 but 1000 or something)
    Or will they just cost what every other trait would cost.
    Only the future can tell us but first we get the nighthold raid and we will get the weapons to 34+1 very easiely.
    That was my plan from the start. Get one weapon to 34+1 and then the second to 34+1, now it will take me a few more days because of the 26on outlaw.

7+ Year Old Account
    im 29 with little farming, they will also add more artifact knowlege... you need to remember that.. .were only level 12 right now... the current cap is 25... later there will be more, so dont wanna farm now, then it will be easy

on my DK im going to leave my blood with no levels in it
    then once i get max AK level, im going to put the highest thing i can get into it, and cum at how many levels it goes up :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

If you think WoW is a grindfest have fun playing other games especially MMO's, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Why grind? You get enough from just playing the game. I'm at 25 and I really don't play that much (done maybe 10 heroics, no mythic, no raiding, no PvP and quests only once every few days and usually only resource ones).
    25 is nothing, I don't think you even hit 100k AP each yetT the 20 points in the 4th major are over 50 million AP. The last 15 are going to start at over 4 million AP each.

Quote Originally Posted by makkk View Post
    Grinding is pointless. It only gets you 1-2 traits ahead of someone that just plays the game.
    Apparently, some people are already at 35 traits due to said grinding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck yea. More progression at my pace. More control. More agency. Artifact weapon is the best thing about.this expansion.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I look forward to having the option, if I'm in the mood for it, of doing something to progress my characters for the next year too. Definitely. Very happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Fuck yea. More progression at my pace. More control. More agency. Artifact weapon is the best thing about.this expansion.
    agreed! closing in on 4k WQ's completed - 28/25 on main, 24/24/13 on alt one, 24/20 on alt two and 20/18 on alt three - loving the artifact power! Now I need to level all the classes for the epic class mounts though...

I won't stop till I get that 10k WQ's achievement... currently at 2225...!

/grits teeth

I'd call four world quests a day "something to do" rather than a "grind." And yes I'm looking forward to having things to do for the entirety of Legion's lifecycle.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IMloreeu View Post
    after all the content they have planned for us ? fuk yes i am, ian is a god and warcrafts future looks bright

I would grind Ion if I could.

everyone complains about tedious grinding but suddenly it's okay now. why is that exactly? people complained about the daily grinding in MoP, but for some reason it's totally cool now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure i am looking forward to PLAY world quests for the next year No need to rush, just play when you feel like it and that is it

Blizzard is giving more of the good stuff Hopefully some people will start seeing, that they are trying to fill a cup with no limit =) They are just gonna go insane before they ever reach the "limit".
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.