Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What will fire mages do in 7.2?

Now please someone correct me if I am overreacting, but how will fire mages survive the Nighthold gear conundrum? With only 2 set items having crit (this is effectively reduced to 1 if you have legendary helm as one of the crit tier items is a helm) it seems we will either have to choose the tier bonus or having a decent amount of crit. This will put us at a huge disadvantage compared to other classes and I cant see fire being very viable.

What are your thoughts?

Same thing we are doing now, m+. The item lvl for loot in m+ will rise with the release of night hold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Same thing we are doing now, m+. The item lvl for loot in m+ will rise with the release of night hold.
    Don't we need 4-set more than some crit from set pieces?

Won't the 2-set also be of great help to this?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's more than enough crit on the offset pieces to offset the crit loss on 2 pieces (since 2 of our set does have crit) not having crit. I don't see how the OP even panicked over this
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I think the set bonuses suck too much to lose that much crit. I don't think we will use tier pieces.

Deleted
    I don't think 4-set bonus will be worth it (only if you don't have an alternative with crit and similar ilvl). Fire bonuses are really weak imho.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    should have been the end of the thread

NH 4set is quite strong and we will be using it.

From Front page

"This patch will also allow the team to look at secondary stats to make them a little more balanced, so that anything but one specific stat isn't useless. If an item has a higher item level, it should usually be an upgrade rather than having secondary stats make it a downgrade."

99% sure they are talking about fire mages there.... my 65% crit on a 870 alt is a bit out of hand....

Deleted
    Dunno how people think 4set is bad. 20% haste which is up permanently since we are gaining atleast 1 HS per 10sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    Dunno how people think 4set is bad. 20% haste which is up permanently since we are gaining atleast 1 HS per 10sec.

Have you actually looked at the set bonus lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Have you actually looked at the set bonus lately?
    @Createk it's actually 10% chance to get 20% haste for 10sec.
    @Teye Was it always like this? Now when I look at 4set it looks kinda "nice but nothing special" and when I looked at it ~4 months ago I was so excited. Was it always 10% chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    @Teye Was it always like this? Now when I look at 4set it looks kinda "nice but nothing special" and when I looked at it ~4 months ago I was so excited. Was it always 10% chance?
    It was changed a while back, can't remember when though

Deleted
    yeah, with a 10% chance the 4pc is essentially useless unless they add crit to our tier pieces bcoz we'll loose more crit than the 4pc is worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    it used to be 100% chance to get 30% haste and then it gradually got more and more nerfed, eventually reaching uselessness.

Deleted
    ah okey my bad i just googled mage set bonuses and saw the 20%. Okey then its fucking useless

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post

it used to be 100% chance to get 30% haste and then it gradually got more and more nerfed, eventually reaching uselessness.
    yeh perma bloodlust, wonder why that got nerfed maybe if you we're doing the dps of a survival hunter it would be fine.

The set bonus was changed well over a month ago, and was never even in the Dungeon Journal as anything but the 10% version. Its a very bad set bonus, and Fire will not be using it unless the gear has Crit.

Deleted
    Well first of all 7.2 is tomb of sargeras. I am more afraid of 7.1.5 which should bring haste=mastery=crit which in terms of fire mage seems like another crit nerf. Currently 4set will be so so, but worth it with pyro bracers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Well first of all 7.2 is tomb of sargeras. I am more afraid of 7.1.5 which should bring haste=mastery=crit which in terms of fire mage seems like another crit nerf. Currently 4set will be so so, but worth it with pyro bracers.
    that depends entirely if crit drops to the value of mastery/haste/versatility or if the value of mastery/haste/vers increases to that of crit.