Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    I was hoping when we get 34 traits grind will be over, to have more time for alts or other spec artifacts.
    Until I max my artifact, I just dont feel my char is complete.

What do you think?
    Why grinding it?

Just play the game. You will get AP the same and not feeling forced to do it. Don't overthink it.

I just hate that now there really wont come a point where you can start sacrificing AP to offspecs. Currently after 35 points the gains become so miniscule that you could get few traits to OS weapons, but if tehy suddenly add good traits into the tree, that point will move away by couple a million AP.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    then don't grind it problem solved.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I just hate that now there really wont come a point where you can start sacrificing AP to offspecs. Currently after 35 points the gains become so miniscule that you could get few traits to OS weapons, but if tehy suddenly add good traits into the tree, that point will move away by couple a million AP.
    Because of the exponentially increasing cost of traits, you can catch up with OS weps for a negligible cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I didn't like this announcement at all. The AP grind saga continues!

If you thought you'd just be chilled when you completed it and every new trait would just increase damage by 0.2%, so it wouldn't make a massive difference if you were behind... think again! Blizz is here to stress you out again! 4th minor trait ranks aswell!

Oh well... i'm more worried about the class unbalance coming around again.

- - - Updated - - -

I can only imagine that the only people who say this don't raid mythic. Theres limited spots. If you don't put out, you don't get taken.

Does Blizzard put a gun to our heads? Not directly, but they do if you want to raid mythic and you don't have tons of free time.
    You literally do not need to even have your weapon maxed out to beat the M ursoc timer. At 865+ if you know what you're doing, you won't get sat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    You literally do not need to even have your weapon maxed out to beat the M ursoc timer. At 865+ if you know what you're doing, you won't get sat.
    I didn't say you did, but scrapping by just makes it harder for yourself, your tanks, your healers, your whole group. It's selfish really. Selfish/lazy people don't get preference in mythic groups. You need to play for the team. Wich means, you need to grind some.
    But fair enough, at some point theres diminishing returns where you aren't so pressured. I was hoping that last trait thing was it. But brand new traits and new rank on existing ones mean that you will want them asap (assuming they are important enough).
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-11-05 at 04:18 AM.

Deleted
    My only gripe with the artifact power system is for alts. If you want a character as an alt who can perhaps raid / do higher mythic + dungeons on the side of your main your gonna find it difficult to compete. Sure you can probably do it without but those traits are a huge plus and if you pug like I do you can expect to be booted from several groups.

7+ Year Old Account
    you do know there is a thing called artifact knowlege though
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    So are we supposed to save our AP now, since currently you have all the best traits

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    So are we supposed to save our AP now, since currently you have all the best traits
    By the time 7.2 comes out, you'll have max AK. (up until then) That means each heroic daily will give you 100,000 AP. You can get the 34 main traits in a week at that point.

That was the intent with the artifact system from the get go. It is a replacement for the legendary system of the past two expansions which was designed for player retention that ended up mainly serving organized raiders and failed to capture the majority of the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I can only imagine that the only people who say this don't raid mythic. Theres limited spots. If you don't put out, you don't get taken.

Does Blizzard put a gun to our heads? Not directly, but they do if you want to raid mythic and you don't have tons of free time.
    No they still don't because it's your choice to raid at that level and even then mythic raiding can be completed without max level AP grinding/BiS legendaries but the community itself sets these standards for players and it's either sink or swim. Don't like it? Make your own "casual mythic raiding" guild.

But people like to fancy themselves world first raiders when the race has been over for month. If the community was chill about it then you'd hear far less complaining but people want to be hardcore because they want to be. Blizzard doesn't force it upon players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    No they still don't because it's your choice to raid at that level and even then mythic raiding can be completed without max level AP grinding/BiS legendaries but the community itself sets these standards for players and it's either sink or swim. Don't like it? Make your own "casual mythic raiding" guild.

But people like to fancy themselves world first raiders when the race has been over for month. If the community was chill about it then you'd hear far less complaining but people want to be hardcore because they want to be. Blizzard doesn't force it upon players.

Hi

Emerald Nightmare was admitted by devs to hvae complete shit quality tuning.

Not the case with most tiers.

the vast majority of raiders do not give a fuck about world first.

They do care about THEIR guilds rank however. Getting top 1-100 for your Region is still a big thing. you know because these arent shit tier trade chat spamming guilds taking every person with a pulse.

Now go back to your pugs normie
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-05 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulen View Post
    My only gripe with the artifact power system is for alts. If you want a character as an alt who can perhaps raid / do higher mythic + dungeons on the side of your main your gonna find it difficult to compete. Sure you can probably do it without but those traits are a huge plus and if you pug like I do you can expect to be booted from several groups.

In the stream they said they're likely to let you buy AK up to a certain point straight up for order hall resources as a catch up, no having to wait on the time gating. How high that will be is anyones guess.

I was hoping when we get 34 traits grind will be over, to have more time for alts or other spec artifacts.

What do you think?
    I think it sets both a good and a bad precedent.

On the one hand it's cool that Blizzard is looking to the future for artifacts. Hopefully more and more things will become available as we move further into the expansion. But then what happens next expansion? Does all that work and progress go away?

On the other hand, it sucks that it's even MORE AP grind. Uhg.... that gets old REAL fast.

People wanted that vanilla feeling of progressing your character through levels. That's what AP is.

There are issues with the system to be sure, but at its core AP is a good system and something that should be continued. Address the issues with alts and new players being irreparably behind (which they seem to be doing) and it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    We will be at 24,900% artifact knowledge by the time 7.2 is out. This will only be a problem for alts or people who quit the game.
    Make max Artifact of knowledge account wide to alts? Not hard to think of that even though ur alts will still be grinding ap... the fuck is blizzard thinking? Even though i have 4 alts at 11 AK and it felt forever and almost lose motivation to keep going. Maybe i should stick with my main instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    More progression for everyone playing as well.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Im excited to get more traits that power up my character.. other people see it as a chore.. play a different game?
    I can't wait to see what the traits are. I think we can assume they are more powerful than current one especially the gold border. Hopefully we'll all get ones that have some awesome quirk to it, like elementals bringing a storm element or dks and their shamblers, not just ones that give a awesome effect but no visuals

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    In the stream they said they're likely to let you buy AK up to a certain point straight up for order hall resources as a catch up, no having to wait on the time gating. How high that will be is anyones guess.
    I thought I saw up to level 10 on the front page

What do you think?
    They are adding more research arn't they? They need to add more ap items with greater base AP too hopefully.