Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'm trying to find how, in any way possible, making Kara queueable hurts the mythic players. Besides messing out with the "special snowflake syndrome".
    Because they will simply demand more and more? This is the first time they've had content denied to them because they actually have to make an effort. Compare the content specifically for casuals and compare then content specifically for hardcore players, the list aren't even close to even. You had 90% of the content at your fingertips yet would not even make an effort to do the last 10% and instead spent your time whining on the general forums.

Furthermore having all content queue-able will lead to people being much less social. I've touched on this before, but the so called toxicity that casuals complain about in mythics come from their faults of wanting all content queue-able and cross-realm raids. No-one has a server reputation anymore since they can do 90% of this content by joining a queue with random people(Heck it's 99% now since CoS/Arcway/Kara are now heroic)

I've played this game a long time and it's obvious when the community started to fall apart and that was the introduction of LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyatsu View Post
    I've played this game a long time and it's obvious when the community started to fall apart and that was the introduction of LFD.
    You sound like some kind of nost player.
    People are still "famous" on realms and LFG doesn't remove your chat window, does it?
    People are the blame, nothing else, nothing more.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-11-05 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    You sound like some kind of nost player.
    People are still "famous" on realms and LFG doesn't remove your chat window, does it?
    Yes, some people are a pain on realms and have a poor reputation, but if they no longer need a guild/good realm reputation to raid due to cross-realm raids and LFD. Why on earth why they care about being social-able?

Perhaps answer this rather then make an off-handed remark.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'm trying to find how, in any way possible, making Kara queueable hurts the mythic players. Besides messing out with the "special snowflake syndrome".
    Pretty sure mythic players don't really care.
    However you can imagine what will happen with a LFD GRP in karazhan.
    6-10 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that surprising. Every piece of content in this game always become more accessible after a period of time. Naturally. It was a good choice to let it be a timed exclusive for a while though and I wouldn't be surprised if any new patch dungeon would follow the same model and be mythic-only for a while. Like it or not, Due to the nature of an MMO they really need to push a bit of group building and social interaction into this game once in a while or the sub-numbers will dwindle once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I hope this is a start to tune Heroic's into Mythic Dungeon difficulty or at lease harder then they are now.

Kara should have been queable from the start, I will be returning in 7.2 it seems

Now lets see how much they gut out of kara before it gets to heroic.....

Like for example Nightbane and his mount not being there.
    I mean since you need to kill curator he probably wont be in there.

Also a lot of the mechanics checks are probably going to go right out the window. Like trapping the adds on moroes. Will avoid these dungeons in lfd probably.

Yes, some people are a pain on realms and have a poor reputation, but if they no longer need a guild/good realm reputation to raid why on earth why they care about being social-able?
    Perhaps answer this rather then make an off-handed remark.
    People never needed any kind of "reputation" to raid. It's all about the kills/gear.
    There's always a few rotten apples around and word still spreads fast.
    Let them queue with the russians or whatever.

Deleted
    Because they will simply demand more and more?
    More and more? 7.0 was the first time that Blizzard reintroduced non-queueable highest dificulty only dungeons. They figured out that the design actually hurt that at the long run, because they were cutting the large percentage of the playerbase from in-game content, which usually leads to mass unsubs because lack of content.

This is a game. Nothing is being removed. Been a raider for years, don't have the time or patience for organizad grouping any longer (job and wife).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Pretty sure mythic players don't really care.
    However you can imagine what will happen with a LFD GRP in karazhan.
    6-10 hours.
    It will be Lower and Upper Karazhan, 4 bosses each.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-11-05 at 10:18 AM.

Deleted
    People never needed any kind of "reputation" to raid. It's all about the kills/gear.
    There's always a few rotten apples around and word still spreads fast.
    Let them queue with the russians or whatever.
    This just shows how little you know about what you're talking about.

I can easily think of times that decent players did something shitty were removed from the guild and ostracized from their server, their only choice being to transfer and even then that sometimes wasn't enough because there were ways to find people who name-changed/realm transferred.

More and more? 7.0 was the first time that Blizzard reintroduced non-queueable highest dificulty only dungeons. They figured out that the design actually hurt that at the long run, because they were cutting the large percentage of the playerbase from in-game content, which usually leads to mass unsubs because lack of content
    Yes more and more, did you think about that list? You know I am right, we finally had content in the game that required an effort on players part and some semblance of social effort and it's now being removed because people whined significantly about it.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5491cf3e; 2016-11-05 at 10:20 AM.

This just shows how little you know about what you're talking about.
    I can easily think of times that decent players did some shitty were removed from the guild and ostracized from their server, their only choice being to transfer and even then that sometimes wasn't enough because there were ways to find people who name-changed/realm transferred.
    Oh yeah, that never happens anymore :#
    How rude of blizzard to give someone that did something bad a chance at raiding with other people.
    Shame on you Blizzard, shame!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    Also a lot of the mechanics checks are probably going to go right out the window. Like trapping the adds on moroes. Will avoid these dungeons in lfd probably.
    Or the adds will hit less. It's not always about mechanics, Patchwerk from Vanilla to Wrath is the main example.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    "Elitism"... one more term I won't be using anymore in relation to wow... seems it's the new "toxicity".
    I don't mean to point you out or pick on you or even get involved with the convo you two are having, but what I do wanna point out is that "elitist" was the buzzword instead of "toxic" in ye olde WoW forum days and apparently these types of arguments have gone in circles (in the opposite direction of the Earth's rotation) for so many years that its created a time-loop, to the days before people on WoW forums argued about "elitists". I think I need to go stop 9/11 from happening or something.

Deleted
    Oh yeah, that never happens anymore :#
    How rude of blizzard to give someone that did something bad a chance at raiding with other people.
    Shame on you Blizzard, shame!
    You're not even trying to counter what I am trying to say or even looking at my PoV, 5k posts on this forum, are they all like this?

You're not even trying to counter what I am trying to say or even looking at my PoV, 5k posts on this forum, are they all like this?
    You're butthurt that people that have been mean to you can still raid.
    Or that the content you do you don't want to share with others unless they "deserve" it.
    So are you a nost or not?
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-11-05 at 10:29 AM.

Oh look, blizzard once again as compromising their Vision in order to cater to their disgusting player base. So glad I'm done with this piece of s*** game.

Deleted
    You're butthurt that people that have been mean to you can still raid.
    Or that the content you do you don't want to share with others unless they "deserve" it.
    If you can't even grasp the finer points of this argument I guess this discussion is pointless, trying using your head next time.

Because they will simply demand more and more? This is the first time they've had content denied to them because they actually have to make an effort. Compare the content specifically for casuals and compare then content specifically for hardcore players, the list aren't even close to even. You had 90% of the content at your fingertips yet would not even make an effort to do the last 10% and instead spent your time whining on the general forums.

Furthermore having all content queue-able will lead to people being much less social. I've touched on this before, but the so called toxicity that casuals complain about in mythics come from their faults of wanting all content queue-able and cross-realm raids. No-one has a server reputation anymore since they can do 90% of this content by joining a queue with random people(Heck it's 99% now since CoS/Arcway/Kara are now heroic)

It will be ok, you'll still be able to sit AFK in the air on your Nightbane mount hovering over those worthless casuals!!

If you can't even grasp the finer points of this argument I guess this discussion is pointless, trying using your head next time.
    Okay Mister "LFD DESTROYED SOCIALIZING".
    I wish socials didn't do the same content as I do, even tho they take longer and will have less gear than I do.
    /Snowflake
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-11-05 at 10:33 AM.

Deleted
    Yes more and more, did you think about that list? You know I am right, we finally had content in the game that required an effort on players part and some semblance of social effort and it's now being removed because people whined significantly about it.
    Glaring contradiction there. It was a newly tested design, it hinder the game content in the long run. With this change, they opened hours of new content for the large majority of the playerbase that never set one foot inside those dungeons.

All I can read from your words is "they are taking (false) my special snowflake teara and giving to everyone without deserving it!".
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-11-05 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Oh look, blizzard once again as compromising their Vision in order to cater to their disgusting player base. So glad I'm done with this piece of s*** game.
    In a way I am glad they let the cat out of the box early. Time to move on.