Thread: Priest mount!

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Priest mount!

So.. we're getting a holy winged owl cat thing.

Am I missing something or is this just something blizzard just pulled out of their ass? Do we know if theres a story behind this?

What about shadow priests?

Right now i'm feeling very jealous of every other class, so if anyone can explain how this mount is actually awesome, that'd be great.

Deleted
    Not too sure if there is any proper lore behind it. Minimal if anything, for all the classes. Yeah it's not very "shadowy" but at least we didn't get a flying disk.

As much as I like owls, I'll say it again: Blizzard should really, really consider making the Priest 'special' for these things since it's the only class based on the dualism of opposites, Light / Shadow. It's not like other hybrids where you can throw something light/knight based (Paladin), something nature based (Druid), something asian (Monk) and something based on elements (Shaman) to satisfy every spec with a common theme.

Shadow priests get shafted every time because they have nothing in common with the other two specs except for technically being priests, yet almost everything is made for the 'standard concept of priest' --> Healing --> Light --> Holy, glowing stuff.

Priest should really have the perk of being 'different' based on the spec, in my opinion. They should make it a defining characteristic of the class.

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggsy View Post
    at least we didn't get a flying disk.
    Let's all agree that the priest mount is far from the worst one. I like Owls, but the rogue raven-ish bird made me as a SP jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorinath View Post
    So.. we're getting a holy winged owl cat thing.

Am I missing something or is this just something blizzard just pulled out of their ass? Do we know if theres a story behind this?

What about shadow priests?

Right now i'm feeling very jealous of every other class, so if anyone can explain how this mount is actually awesome, that'd be great.
    Quite a lot of people are jealous of the priest one. Tastes, differ. Fucking astounding rite?

Is the Shadowform ---> Shadowy mount Glyph still a thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Is the Shadowform ---> Shadowy mount Glyph still a thing?
    Yup Got it actually,and it's pretty awesome, so I'll definetly stick with the owl-cat with shadow glyph. Gonna be awesome.

Personally, I love the mount :3

Not everything needs to have a book worth of Lore and Story to make it into the game. Sometimes things are added just because they're cool, fun, exciting and rewarding. You know, like a game ought to be developed. God, I dread the day everything in WoW is related to the Lore, because fuck me what a dull and boring game that'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorinath View Post
    seeing this sort of sentiment on the majority of the discussions of the new class mounts. the mounts are coming from the continuation of our class order quest lines so I imagine the story tied to all of the mounts is going to be told there.

Actually I find the Owlcat pretty adorable. I always wanted that type of mount. Also the Priest Class gets something unique. All the other classes are getting pretty much mounts based on mounts we already have so many players are jealous of the Owlcat.

All I can say is I can't wait to get my own Pridelord Meowl.

Deleted
    The 2D face of the Holy Owl is what annoys me. It is basically 2D.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    The 2D face of the Holy Owl is what annoys me. It is basically 2D.
    Its almost as if owls have very flat faces.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I kinda like it. Not as much as the shammy or DK mounts, but it's a hell of a lot better than the crappy mounts paladins, warriors, and mages get. And with the glyph that makes mounts shadowy, I think it'd work pretty well for a shadow priest as well.

Deleted
    Actually i love it, I am planning on levelling my 100 Priest just because of this mount - its both weird and cute

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I kinda like it. Not as much as the shammy or DK mounts, but it's a hell of a lot better than the crappy mounts paladins, warriors, and mages get. And with the glyph that makes mounts shadowy, I think it'd work pretty well for a shadow priest as well.
    Well, there is a difference between FLAT and somewhat flat. The beak is too... small, squeezed. A little bit more roundness on it would be good.
    It does not have the depth in the video we saw.

Last edited by mmoc2e7230cecf; 2016-11-05 at 12:43 PM.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    Well, there is a difference between FLAT and somewhat flat. The beak is too... small, squeezed. A little bit more roundness on would be good.
    It does not have the depth in the video we saw.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see any connection here. How does an owl make you think about WoW priests? My first reaction would be either Druid or Hunter. Hell, we're closer to Val'kyr than some random animals - just recall glyphed Spirit of Redemption. Give me some glowing wings, with "dark" version for shadow and be done with it.

Edit: Wait, my bad. I suppose PotM back in W3 did use "spirit owl" of sort. Then again, they were more like "hunters" rather than spiritual spellcasters.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-11-05 at 01:21 PM.

this actually makes me very excited. think about the possibilities that these mounts actually differ based on spec? for death knights what if the frostwyrm changes from green to red to blue based on spec as well? very cool idea

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm considering leveling up my priest just for the owl. Your mount is one of the best ones imo.