Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    you will in turn earn it, or at least work for it.
    I do that 10 hours a day, 5-6 days a week.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    As much as people here don't want to admit it. Blizzard is in it for the money. And the money is with casual players. Hardcore players are a fraction of the player base.
    Ion Hardcore raid Hazzicostas is Game director. we are just getting started and guess what Tomb of Sargeras 9 boss raid. 8 bosses are listed.

Mythic only boss inc. Havnt had one in 2 expansions OH THE SHITSTORM. THE SHITSTORM!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    its smart business. the more content people have access too, the longer they will continue to pay to play WoW. The more money blizzard makes, the better off we are really, I dont have a problem with blizzard opening content to all skill levels. You as a player can choose how you want to play and who you want to play with.
    and never be rewarded for it because with Legeion we made 90% of the rewards a soulless dissapointment and a study in futile frustration with no control.

I wouldn't give a shit EXCEPT Blizz in their genius wisdom decided to put storyline behind mythic only dungeons. If the story line wasn't in those dungeons, I wouldn't give a shit if they stayed mythic only.

Also, why is it people like the OP can't realize not everyone is part of some great guild that runs these things, and PUGS are toxic as all hell...like seriously the community is absolute shit this expansion. Why do I need 870+ to run shit that is dropping 865 stuff? I just can't be bothered dealing with this type of environment. By putting it into LFD, the majority get access to the story.

If the dungeons or raids were only for gear and challenge, fine. But as soon as they are part of the story, I PAID for the story by buying the expansion. It is pretty dumb to not let me experience it in some way.

Why do you care what other people do and how they obtain things from things being accessible to everyone? They won't have the best tier gear, they won't have full heroic ilvl gear, they won't have the best of the best mythic gear. Apparently people who raid and enjoy treating the game like a job seem to be under the impression the game is all about them.

The more people you appeal to, the more you give people to do, makes more people continue to play your game. So, in a way, you could say they actually don't think the game is all about you, and raiding, anymore.

From what I have seen isn't that players expect to be able to do everything such as mythic raids or even dungeons. What they do expect is the ability to do the dungeon or raid on SOME difficulty. Its not about everything being accessible on all difficulties but locking dungeons and raids away for "reasons" is just dumb. I have never liked queued content, but there are many who do, and locking away entire areas simply because is not smart. Archway and CoS had a heroic difficulty in beta. then out of nowhere became mythic only. Why? That made no sense. I do understand not having mythic dungeons on the queue system but the whole dungeon itself? why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Maybe those "special snowflake tryhards" are entitled to partecipate in some aspect of the game because you know...they play more/better
    So dp Mythic raiding and +15

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    What if i told you that the boss itself IS the difficulty?
    Then I would say, bad game design. Or do they have the time, money and manpower to create 2-3-4 completely different game in WoW just so the snowflakes can have different bosses? They have mythic phases, they have mythic gear, they have achivements, hey have mounts, they have cooler tier sets. Why do they want a whole different game as well?

And it all comes back to Wildstar again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    I got my rota and stats priorities from icy veins
    If that's a bad place to get information at.. then could you direct me to a better one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    If that's a bad place to get information at.. then could you direct me to a better one?
    Try to understand what I posted...

I often wonder how many people that complain about this are hardcore, elite players themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    LOL everyone in these topics are experts at how many casuals are and how many saw Arcway and Kara and CoS. They will be obsolete, this is why you "experts" in how many "casuals" saw them (OMG, a dungeon! the hardcoreness and exclusivity is mind blowing!), and Blizz just prolonged their life by opening them to the last, probably very small part of the playerbase that are either too bad or too busy to be part of a guild and run them.

Not even raids, not even mythic ones are exclusive. "Casuals" with 2 jobs and families that had the smarts to whisper a raid guild officer when they say "Need DPS for EN progression, socials welcome!" are decked in 865 gear now and running (not many) M+7 and Heroic raids, and soon they will clear Mythic raids too, cause guess what?

It only takes one hour with the alt team, and you don't need much gear, and after you're in, you will get good gear in the end, cause yeah, NOBODY will want it.

So only the non-smart, full lazy mode part of the playerbase that is always oh so very incredibly vocal in forums about how frustrated and how they pay the same amount and other such crap, only this part of the playerbase will finally get to step in in these instances in their lazy mode LF queue where they will be abused, and come again to forums crying they got kicked, but still better than being smart in a raid guild and doing stuff there.

And before trying to QQ about raid requirements, about gear you might need, about how you are scared to socialize and how your social anxiety is preventing you to say "hello" to people, all you had to do is be present and log on voicechat for 1 hour a week, and maybe if you're truly busy, spend on 2-3 tokens to buy crafted gear so you're good to go for Normal and M+, and from then on it's self-sustaining.

But - it's always better to keep crying and painting yourself as a victim instead of DOING THINGS and being smart. Keep at it.
    Amen Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Try to understand what I posted...
    I thought you posted a Demaning statemant suggesting you are a bad player if you get information from Sources like Icy-veins. Maby i interpreted the message wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    I often wonder how many people that complain about this are hardcore, elite players themselves.
    I'm not hardcore, im a casual that raids mythic. I just put effort in the few hours i play to be ready for raid and its enought. To do mythic raids you dont need to play 8+ a day. It's normal that the lazy players use this excuse!
    From now on ill be like them. I'm paying the sub. I want all. I don't want to raid because it's stressing, it's costs gold on repairs, pots and flask oh and food. So i want to see everything by pressing a button and going AFK on LFR. And i want it now!
    Last edited by HeiAggra; 2016-11-05 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post
    Mythic Normal was a mistake and blizz knows it

It should have been Normal, Heroic and Mythic+ and blizz is prolly gonna keep it that way for the foreseeable future.
    Mythic+ was the mistake. It was a way for high end raiders to burn through content faster. It's a big part of the reason M EN fell so quickly.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I thought you posted a Demaning statemant suggesting you are a bad player if you get information from Sources like Icy-veins. Maby i interpreted the message wrong.
    Absolutely not. I personally think it's a great site though I do far too little simcraft and such to be able to pass judgment on that. What I just meant is that claiming to be a hardcore player and then just blindly following information they get from a web site is hypocritical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So that people can actually do the content that their subscription goes towards paying for?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said this in other threads before and I will say it again here. If you want to be rewarded for work/effort then get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Now I'm already certain where this thread will go, but this is a serious question. Why must everything in WoW be accessible to EVERYONE? I just don't understand I think of it as a formula of sorts.

If you play this game for casual play and do not like group content, then you do not need to be able to get dungeon/raid gear or benefits.

If you play this game to raid and take down challenging content then you need the gear and you will in turn earn it, or at least work for it.

It seems on these forums A LOT of people have the mentality that as long as you buy a game you SHOULD be able to complete it in entirety no matter how much effort is expended. Would you simply prefer to login as soon as an expansion is launched and have vendors lined up with full BiS, titles, mounts, etc? So honestly I'd like to hear that side of the story.
    Becuase Blizzard wants to sell more games?
    What a silly question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Except that isn't always true. High skill maybe but I know plenty of people who are just afraid of a challenge. They're afraid of losing and they're afraid to put forth any effort whatsoever into content that can "fail". Sometimes you have to throw in the towel and they don't want to even grab a towel to begin with. I know people that play this game more than I did in the beginning when I was farming to as close to 850 item level as I could get before the raids were released, yet they've never even gone into normal mode. They now complain there's nothing to do for them.
    And you don't get to tell them they are wrong. Each individual player has an inalienable right to define what it is that works for them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    I do that 10 hours a day, 5-6 days a week.

No thanks.
    Then play a different game. Have you heard of single player RPGs? Skyrim has your name written ALL over it.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    the strange thing about that logic is that wow was at its most successful during TBC and wotlk. dumbing it down for casuals has only lead to reduced subscribers.
    I'm sure Blizzard used logic something like this when they tried to make Cataclysm more hardcore. That backfired completely, demonstrating that the early game was successful in spite of being hardcore, not because it was hardcore. Experience with other hardcore MMO attempts reinforces this point.