Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Did I say Legion was the end?

I said 2022 is the end because the story hits its finale in 2 more expansions because no other villans are being developed. This GENEROUSLY give an entire Void lord expansion who considering Argus could simply be the final patch of the Azshara / N'zoth aka FINAL expansion.

Tell me who will headline an expansion when the Legion is destroyed and Azshara / N'zoth are destroyed if not the Void lords.

ANYONE tell me. Seriously who will headline it. MAKE NEW VILLANS! It doesnt work that way. No villans have are being developed right now. WHO will headline it?
    It doesn't matter. Blizzard created new villans befor. MoP is a good example.
    As long as the game makes money, Blizzard will keep on doing more stuff.

People have been saying that WoW is "ending" for 10 years though and it's still going strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Contrary to what the Legacy crowd would like to think, no... WoW is not heading towards any "final years".
    People made posts like yours by the end of WOTLK, mind you.

Legion shows that WoW is not just an afterthought pretty damned well if you ask me.
    I actually remember in TBC some people said it would soon end. LOL. Some people wish it, but it is not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    A fresh start would be a good idea. Tho i wana see what will happen with this:

It could kill wow population quite bad.
    A shitty looking MMO, made by a third-party, based on one of the less popular Blizzard IPs? I'm sure it'll put WoW on the ropes

Everquest is still going with FAR LESS players. WoW will be going for at least 10+ more years and probably more than that.

What determines Blizzard's decision to keep developing more content for WoW is not story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It doesn't matter. Blizzard created new villans befor. MoP is a good example.
    As long as the game makes money, Blizzard will keep on doing more stuff.

People have been saying that WoW is "ending" for 10 years though and it's still going strong.
    MoP used Garrosh a Villan built over 3 expansions and an old god which we knew 4-5 existed but were unnamed. Pandaria was a concept and idea pre WoW

SO actually MoP isn't all that much asspull.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    What determines Blizzard's decision to keep developing more content for WoW is not story.
    except story is what drives the game. and the story is driving it home

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smauldy View Post
    Everquest is still going with FAR LESS players. WoW will be going for at least 10+ more years and probably more than that.
    Everquest isnt WoW and doesn't have the iconic villan / heroes / locations of WoW.

so yeah Everquest HAAAAAAA

EVERQUEST NEXT DoA

Tbacklog. Now shove it

Backlog Villans and storythreads

The definition fits so go be OCD somewhere else.
    So they are finally done with the old stuff and can push out new things? Great.

You clearly have no idea what connotations backlog has. It doesn't fit your point at all.

Ion said at the beginning of the Legion: what's next panel that they're already working on the next expansion. There's many more years in Wow yet.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

then you are ignorant to the lore. But despite your ignorance the game has a heavy reliance to places and villans / heroes created prior to 2004
    I would be willing to bet that half of WoW's playerbase don't know about Argus,Kul'Tiras,Zandalar,etc. What pulls people back is far simpler than that.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So they are finally done with the old stuff and can push out new things? Great.

You clearly have no idea what connotations backlog has. It doesn't fit your point at all.
    You may think stuff like WoD was a new thing except it still relied on Old Villans who never got to shine in WC3 or beyond when the story really started coming into its own.

Lastly if they wanted to develop new villans they would be

instead they are building up Azshara and N'zoth and after them all thats Left is the Void Lords.

If they wanted to have expansions until the cows came home they wouldnt of shipped KJ and Sargeras and ARGUS together.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Illidans story and novel points to us blowing Argus up when 7.3 or 7.4 if we get there concludes.

except story is what drives the game. and the story is driving it home
    It's never been about the story. It's simply the setting. WoW vanilla did not have any coherent story and big villian. People didn't care. What's important is that the world is populated with stuff to do.

I would be willing to bet that half of WoW's playerbase don't know about Argus,Kul'Tiras,Zandalar,etc. What pulls people back is far simpler than that.
    it doesnt matter if they are ignorant to it or not. those are the things they are going to move towards. Otherwise Why would we be going to Argus in the first place. Why would people be excited for that? because its iconic its a storied place for decades in the warcraft franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

It's never been about the story. It's simply the setting. WoW vanilla did not have any coherent story and big villian. People didn't care. What's important is that the world is populated with stuff to do.
    Yes vanilla WoW did have iconic villans. and then it REALLY took off after TBC.

C'thun Old God
    Kel'Thuzad
    Black Dragonflight Deathwings Children Nefarian/Onyxia
    Ragnaros

Vanilla was more about introducing you into the World of Azeroth brought to life anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Ion said at the beginning of the Legion: what's next panel that they're already working on the next expansion. There's many more years in Wow yet.
    yes hes goign to tell people the story is comnig to an end riiiiight.

and of course they are working on next expansion

its very clearly Azshara and N'zoth at this point

I do kinda hope they announce "WoW 2" quite soon.

Yes vanilla WoW did have iconic villans. and then it REALLY took off after TBC.

C'thun Old God
    Kel'Thuzad
    Black Dragonflight Deathwings Children Nefarian/Onyxia
    Ragnaros

Vanilla was more about introducing you into the World of Azeroth brought to life anyhow.
    C'thun nor Ragnaros was iconic to WarCraft pre WoW which proves my point that villians can be made up. WoW also didn't really took off after BC. Vanilla was what made WoW took off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes some people buy the WE WILL MAKE EXPANSIONS TILL THE WORLD ENDS!

Legion and Argus says otherwise

ENTIRE Villan cast after the Legion is destroyed is Azshara, N'zoth, and Prophet Zul.

and coincidenctaly Azshara, and N'zoth are directly link to the Final threat The Void Lords. None of which are named yet.

and then thats it!

The Entire major location setpiece and Villan backlog of their entire franchise will be exhausted.

WoW has at most 2 expansions left after Legion ending 2022/2023. Those who simply refuse to acknowledge it are in denial. An expansion has NEVER not had a major backlog headliner villan or one that hasnt taken 3 expansions to build up and STILL use one of the core evils. Garrosh+1 of the 4 Old Gods. But the difference this time. NO Villan is built up because they have been building up Azshara and N'zoth and #2 an Old God which was still a pre WoW backlog with their 4-5 number was used in the process also.

WoD was used!

Yup and the revelation of Demons came to pass aswell giving a modern complex encounter design to Archimonde a fight he deserved to have, Bringing Mannoroth and Ticondrius to the big scene as a result atleast once. and despit them being AU. Letting us Meet and hate Gul'dan and Blackhand outside the original WC1/Wc2

BUT it's still technically a backlog because of WHO these people are / were / could be.

When they suggested the idea of Gul'dan the shitlord in WoD opening. OHHH i knew we were in for a treat. people duped by GROM IS FINAL BOSS. had me laughing my ass off because they knew fuck all of warcraft lore and a very clear direction i saw this story going. the shitlord Gul'dan did not dissappoint as a villan.
    The Legion will not be destroyed on Argus, the planet is just one of the planetary bases, we will piss them off, but it'll not be their end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's not heading towards its starting years.

But, no. I don't think so.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

it doesnt matter if they are ignorant to it or not. those are the things they are going to move towards. Otherwise Why would we be going to Argus in the first place. Why would people be excited for that? because its iconic its a storied place for decades in the warcraft franchise.
    It does matter to my argument because if they don't care and bother to care about the story and still enjoying the game then it means that anything can be made up and sell as an xpac as long as Blizzard puts some effort to place it into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    I still believe there is cool story to be told involving Bolvar Fordragon. Possibly, a Return of the Lich King.
    Bolvar is not Arthas

Bolvar employs no vast command structure

WE have already explore Northren except Azjol to completion

The Cult of the Damned was the bulk of the Scourges power and it was stamped out.

No there will be no "bolvar return of the lich king expansion" because Arthas is dead. There is no Return. And Bolvar isn't a Villan. Maybe a blunt matter of fact antihero which is pretty much the personality of the Ebon Blade anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Forget about it, they are making way2much $$$ from wow.

You can expect 100% confirmed xpansions:
    1) wrath of the lich king 2
    2) emerald nightmare/dream
    3) qiraji/uldum like thing
    I could see something Scourge related happen, sure. But we pretty much cleansed the Emerald Dream in Legion,
    Qiraji are done for and there's nothing left in Uldum.
    But not a "wrath of the lich king 2" if anything it would be Kel'Thuzad as the final boss, but that surely would be a filler expansion just like MoP and WoD.
    I don't think that is going to work anymore with the direction they're heading now.

All we have ever known until Chronicles came out is that Sargeras was the final boss, he is no longer that, he is no longer the big baddie and he is likely to die in Legion.
    With what Ion said yesterday, we're most definitely ending that faction this expansion.

This means WoW is going to go in a whole new direction after Azshara and N'zoth, everything after those two will be completely new, nothing we see from there will be fleshed out like Outlands, Draenor, Azeroth, etc.
    It is basically going to be a new game from there. We'll have no well known characters except for maybe Med'an ( unless he is retconned) and whatever heroes that come with us to outer space.

It does matter to my argument because if they don't care and bother to care about the story and still enjoying the game then it means that anything can be made up and sell as an xpac as long as Blizzard puts some effort to place it into the world.
    It does matter because Blizzard are passionate about THEIR lore and THEIR games.

Also whos to say Metzen didn't finish the story roadmap before he retired. If he planned out the next expansion and the Void Lord finale after that or PERHAPS next expansions FINAL patch is the void lord confrontation his lifes work is over.

Warcraft hit a finale, diablo hit a finale, Starcraft hit a finale, Overwatch got on its feet as his baby.

The stories he helped weve came to or were mapped to their end. he retired happily ever after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The only people ever calling any sort of new MMO-type game a "WoW Killer" is people like you, WoW fans. It's pathetic. It's like you feel threatened and need to somehow defend WoW by belittling a new game. Sort of amusing, really.

OT: I'd give it another 7/8 years.
    But this thread is just another of those that thinks they have to end it after using the currently known lore because you're incapable of thinking they'll come up with more. "Oooooo but it won't be Warcraft!!!"
    the backbone of every expansion has always been prestablished lore or things that took 3 + expansoins to develop. After next expansion neither of those are left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    I could see something Scourge related happen, sure. But we pretty much cleansed the Emerald Dream in Legion,
    Qiraji are done for and there's nothing left in Uldum.
    But not a "wrath of the lich king 2" if anything it would be Kel'Thuzad as the final boss, but that surely would be a filler expansion just like MoP and WoD.
    I don't think that is going to work anymore with the direction they're heading now.

All we have ever known until Chronicles came out is that Sargeras was the final boss, he is no longer that, he is no longer the big baddie and he is likely to die in Legion.
    With what Ion said yesterday, we're most definitely ending that faction this expansion.

This means WoW is going to go in a whole new direction after Azshara and N'zoth, everything after those two will be completely new, nothing we see from there will be fleshed out like Outlands, Draenor, Azeroth, etc.
    It is basically going to be a new game from there. We'll have no well known characters except for maybe Med'an ( unless he is retconned) and whatever heroes that come with us to outer space.
    Hard to say WoD is filler when ARchimonde died and it was the Catalyst to our final assault on argus and the destruction of the burning Legion.

The definition of Filler is things like say.... Zul'Aman during TBC. NOW THAT is filler content.