Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    although the graveyard dungeon was still pretty cool. i have hellfire still

And sierra was a fucking GREAT 90s company

Leisure Suit Larry. You better believe Al lowe will make something great with this horndog.
    Dude I loved Sierra. I was young so I just played the King's Quest games until recently but I loved those games. All their point and click adventures were really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaryon View Post
    Sorry but noone I know is going to play PoE, we still prefer D3 and enjoy it from time to time. Quality, atmosphere, convenience of gameplay and inverface and progression, things that PoE will never achieve. Millions of players still think the same, there are about +20-50 times more D3 players than PoE players. Yes, D3 players play occasionally, but it's ok, because since when games are measured by "I play this shit everyday for 8h since 2003" ... Games are meant to be played when you have time and need for it, doesn't matter if it's 30 minutes or 16 hours. There are soo many great games out there to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i mean the fact that they worked on d3 for 219328129381 years doesnt mean that they should be working on d4 for the same amount of time..

RoS launched almost 2 years ago already.. so its time for a new expansion.. atleast..
    Agree. I haven't played diablo in about a year now, but once they release a new expansion it's TAKE MY MONEY! time

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    20th Anniversary of Diablo:
    -Necro DLC,
    -2 new zones in D3,
    -people wanted D1 in HD, they made them D1 in the world of D3,

I wish I could frame this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Sorry but noone I know is going to play PoE, we still prefer D3 and enjoy it from time to time.
    You heard it here folks, no one Slaughty8 knows is playing PoE so that means the game is both shitty and empty.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yo did you watch the stuff at all? They actually brought back the corpse mechanics into the game. Whenever you kill an enemy the necromancer sees a special bit of corpse left where they died and they can interact with that piece. Corpse Explosion is coming back.
    This is good news but I half expect them to 'streamline' this mechanic into health globe interaction by the time the DLC is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    It sounds to me like you have never played a moba, i can literally pick any of them and most likely be better than lets say 75% of the player base, just by picking 1 of the cheapest/free characters, and there are people who are in the top 500 players who play one of those, because money doesnt make you understand how the game plays, how to trade or harass in lane, doesnt teach you how to predict what your enemy team will do, it doesnt help you in any way shape or form other than giving you more characters to choose from, which means nothing unless the one(s) you play get banned, and no moba will let you queue up for draft where bans exist unless you have enough characters for it anyway, some even require you to have a minimum amount of experience. but you wouldnt know that as it sounds you have never played one in your life thus you arguing about it doesnt matter because you dont know what the fuck you are even trying to talk about
    Like I said before you started trying to attack me with your rage wall of text, it doesn't matter if you like the game, P2W elements are P2W elements. I've played mobas, and I know that having all champions allow you to counter pick. Don't have that perfect champion? Buy it. P2W.

Even in the REAL HARDCORE P2W games (where you buy otherwise unobtainable upgrades) you can still be WORSE than people who don't pay. Skill has nothing whatsoever to do with a game being P2W or not. LoL is P2W to a certain degree, and only fanboys such as yourself will try to argue against that.

The necromancer class does not look incredibly interesting. Its interesting enough that I want to play it. What I think would be really interesting is if they released the Diablo3 engine and let everyone try to make their own content for it similar to what they did with the StarCraft arcade customized map thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I wish I could frame this.

- - - Updated - - -

You heard it here folks, no one Slaughty8 knows is playing PoE so that means the game is both shitty and empty.
    You can check PoE on Steamspy and Steamcharts and compare it with D3 numbers by yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    20th Anniversary of Diablo:
    -Necro DLC,
    -2 new zones in D3,
    -people wanted D1 in HD, they made them a dungeon event in the world of D3,
    Fixed that for you.

Meanwhile, PoE devs on their reddit are like 'we were worried about blizzcon, but then they commited suicide - let's open a champagne'
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-05 at 03:33 PM.

Like that D1 dungeon is the perfect opportunity to add more end game to this "spam greater rifts" diablo

but no

1 time a year

what the fuck
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Over all rating of this blizzcon for Diablo would be 3/10. 2 new adventure maps wont Bring me back for more then a day or 2. Diablo anevesary Sounds great, but also only really worth Trying out. Necromancer is Good sounds good atleast, but the fact is not part of a Expation but only a Hero Pack is stupid. + Him + paragons will only take like 2 Hours to get him to max, so there is also really only A few weeks of enjoyment from New class.

Deleted
    You can check PoE on Steamspy and Steamcharts and compare it with D3 numbers by yourself
    Majority of PoE players play through standalone client, not Steam. Pretty sure overall numbers are greatly in favor of PoE

Deleted
    My feelings towards Diablo announcement's basically boil down to 'oh, is that it?'

Rightly or wrongly it feels like Blizzard think Diablo is their least valuable IP and even on its 20th anniversary it's shoved off to the side, almost as an after thought.

I hope, that they are working on D4 but they have faced delays so didn't have anything to show this year, hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by rizbo View Post
    Majority of PoE players play through standalone client, not Steam. Pretty sure overall numbers are greatly in favor of PoE
    Nope. Even GGG said that Steam number is greater than non-steam client numbers. So there goes your hope.

Deleted
    Nope. Even GGG said that Steam number is greater than non-steam client numbers. So there goes your hope.
    Don't recall such statement, and also I firmly believe D3 numbers are pretty abysmall lately. In any case, I'm not fanboying, I play(ed) both games and loved them for different reasons, but there's simply no incentive to play Diablo anymore, not with amount of updates PoE is getting. I wish Blizzard would do something great with the game, but this was just terrible.

Did PoE change or is it still a trade simulator? Playing that game solo self-found was pretty terrible which was why I stopped.

Well first off whats actually coming

- Necromancers
    - D1 remake
    - 2 new zones
    - Armory

(other cosmetic stuff and stash tabs)

So going through each 1 by 1, what do i like and not like?

Necromancers: Great imo. Love the look and they look very fun to play. More classes is a good thing hands down.

D1 remake: I never played D1, but the fact that its 'only' 16 levels seems a bit low to me. What constitutes a level? Is for example the Tristram Cathedral 4 levels or just 1? I'd say its 4 levels, do Blizzard call that one level? Either way, again, more content. Fresh too for me as a new player.

2 new zones: I didn't really see the point of adding the northern zone in A3. Sesheron i believe? It got old incredibly fast. But again, more zones the better

Armory: Great hands down

Good content imo. Good content for a year of drought? Ehh i don't think so, and with necros not coming until the second half of 2017, I have to wonder just how small the D3 team is

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PoE is near the end of a pretty 'meh' league much in the same way Diablo 3 has a drop off in users towards the end of their season. I am curious as to where can I find actual Diablo 3 numbers though since I've never seen anything about trackers even on diablofans.

I'd also like to know where I can find this because I am surprised. The Steam version is nothing but a pain in the ass right down to patching.

Gimme some of that sweet burden of proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    D1 remake: I never played D1, but the fact that its 'only' 16 levels seems a bit low to me. What constitutes a level? Is for example the Tristram Cathedral 4 levels or just 1? I'd say its 4 levels, do Blizzard call that one level? Either way, again, more content. Fresh too for me as a new player.
    Each level is a literal level broken down in to themes. 1 - 4 being dungeons, 5 - 8 being catacombs, 9 - 12 being caves and 13 - 16 being Hell. How big they'll be will likely depend on how random their tileset is but I would expect the size of each level to be about as large as those found in the Cathedral.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Isn't it a bit early to be asking for a D4?

The time between Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 was 4 years. There was a lot of time between D2 and D3 because of development problems and people leaving.

I honestly think that Chilton is working on D4. He was moved to another Blizzard project and we don't know what it is yet.

Its like they went to the international "do not fuck up" competition and then started to shiv themselves in the stomach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    - D1 remake
    Its not a goddamn remake, its just a 16-level dungeon in normal game with some shitty UI and movement gimmick.