Poll: Is Sargeras the end boss?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    They say we go to Argus THIS expansion.

Azshara and N'zoth are being built up as hype for the follow up after Legion.
    Damn it, my prediction was instantly butchered :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I think is severing his grasp on the Legion is more plausible than Sargeras himself being a boss. I think Sargy being beaten but not killed is way more satisfying. Imagine having your whole source of power and all your army taken from you. It's so much more tragic.
    There's even better plot twist... Just imagine, glorious redemption story of Sargeras

He isn't a bad guy after all, he's fighting against the void too, but he has different ways of doing stuff... He's misunderstood!

Doesn't it remind you of a certain someone?

It's obvious. The entire raid will play out inside Sargeras. And it will probably play out something like this.

If Kil'jaeden is Mid tier

Azshara or N'zoth are definetly midtier status a fiddle which one of them will play for the other next expansion. or they both could play second fiddle to the void lord finale patch. i mean. Look at Argus
    I'm actually betting that Azshara will be a between tier raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Damn it, my prediction was instantly butchered :P
    It's still a super cool fucking story with tremendous hype and momentum rolling forward.

No need to water down the full on hype train as people suggest with no name fucking headliner villans and made up factions.

Just let the game reach its ultimate story finale through the Legion and the next 1-2 expansions. its going to be an epic ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    I'm actually betting that Azshara will be a between tier raid.
    7.3 is slated for Argus

Very doubtful. N'zoth and Azshara go together like PBNJ

use Azshara KJ and Sargeras and Argus in one expansion. HAAAAA No we are really cutting down on WoWs potential story lifeline to End.

But her N'zoths story are reaching a boiling point in Legion like they did back in Cata. Expect them after

Quote Originally Posted by Veelaru View Post
    Then, as people above have said it's not important to always kill villains gradually from weaker to stronger ones. And finally we haven't seen Azjol-Nerub as a location despite Blizzard said we'll see it sometime.
    Well, if you've played the Death Knight campaign, you know that Bolvar Lich-King is not inactive. Maybe Ner'zhul will take over again and we'll get a new expansion to kill the Lich King again, and Azjol will finally show up. It could be Wrath of the Burning Lich King's Crusade

Well, if you've played the Death Knight campaign, you know that Bolvar Lich-King is not inactive. Maybe Ner'zhul will take over again and we'll get a new expansion to kill the Lich King again, and Azjol will finally show up. It could be Wrath of the Burning Lich King's Crusade
    That is simply asinine. We already explored northrend in its entirty barring the depths of Azjol. Secondly. Bolvar employs no command structure or cult of the damned Like Arthas did.

Not going to happen.

I did enjoy your expansions name however. Thank you for the smileys

7.3 is slated for Argus

Very doubtful. N'zoth and Azshara go together like PBNJ

use Azshara KJ and Sargeras and Argus in one expansion. HAAAAA No we are really cutting down on WoWs potential story lifeline to End.
    they actually didn't say Argus was 7.3. Note that they said what was coming in 7.1.5 and 7.2, but nothing about 7.2.5 and didn't actually give a patch number for Argus. Azshara just fits too well with this xpac. After all, she's the primary catalyst for the Legion's first invasion. She's the one that agreed to bring Sargeras through the Well of Eternity, so she fits alot better with Sargy than with N'zoth.

So like I said, I'm not going to be surprised if 7.2.5 has a smaller raid tier featuring Azshara. I don't think Azshara has the star power to base an entire xpac around, even if she is paired with an old god.

Anyway you slice it, if we down Sargeras this xpac, then Blizzard is going to have to work very hard story wise to make the next xpac feel like it's not a letdown.

Am I the only one who thinks we are leading up to allying with Sargares?

We arent his enemies, the Void Lords are. They are our enemies as well.
    He is only our enemy because he wants to destroy our planet so the Void Lords don't get it.

Without Void Lords, we arent enemies with him.
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2016-11-05 at 03:47 PM.

That is simply asinine. We already explored northrend in its entirty barring the depths of Azjol. Secondly. Bolvar employs no command structure or cult of the damned Like Arthas did.

Not going to happen.

I did enjoy your expansions name however. Thank you for the smileys
    You are aware of what the hat he wears does, yes? The Cult of the Damned was actually a Ner'zhul thing while he was still working behind the scenes, Arthas just sort of inherited it when he merged.

Now theoretically, the world thinks the Lich King is dead, so there'd still be a need for secrecy if he wanted to try again. Or he may decide to just say screw it and let the Scourge loose.

I don't actually think that'll happen, though hehe. I think the Lich King as a foe is done, but I won't be surprised to see him back as an actor, maybe this time on the side of the angels (as it were). Hell, who knows, maybe he'll show up during the assault on Argus as the Death Knight ally. Since Ner'zhul being trapped in the hat is all because of the Legion, it wouldn't surprise me if Ner'zhul is burning for some payback. Also wouldn't surprise me if he tries to pick up the reins of power to fill the void left by Sargy, Ner'zhul being a crafty bastard and all.

they actually didn't say Argus was 7.3. Note that they said what was coming in 7.1.5 and 7.2, but nothing about 7.2.5 and didn't actually give a patch number for Argus. Azshara just fits too well with this xpac. After all, she's the primary catalyst for the Legion's first invasion. She's the one that agreed to bring Sargeras through the Well of Eternity, so she fits alot better with Sargy than with N'zoth.

So like I said, I'm not going to be surprised if 7.2.5 has a smaller raid tier featuring Azshara. I don't think Azshara has the star power to base an entire xpac around, even if she is paired with an old god.

Anyway you slice it, if we down Sargeras this xpac, then Blizzard is going to have to work very hard story wise to make the next xpac feel like it's not a letdown.
    the did say it an its on the front page.

Azshara doesn't fit with N'zoth?

The naga and faceless work hand in hand together and she is fanatically loyal to N'zoth. Also we arent TAKING THE TOMB aka portal to Argus and then heel turning into the Ocean. that is as stupid as people thinking Grom was going to be an antagonist over Gul'dan in WoD when presented with the Legendary chain and Gul'dans overall importance to the entire games history.

- - - Updated - - -

You are aware of what the hat he wears does, yes? The Cult of the Damned was actually a Ner'zhul thing while he was still working behind the scenes, Arthas just sort of inherited it when he merged.

Now theoretically, the world thinks the Lich King is dead, so there'd still be a need for secrecy if he wanted to try again. Or he may decide to just say screw it and let the Scourge loose.

I don't actually think that'll happen, though hehe. I think the Lich King as a foe is done, but I won't be surprised to see him back as an actor, maybe this time on the side of the angels (as it were). Hell, who knows, maybe he'll show up during the assault on Argus as the Death Knight ally. Since Ner'zhul being trapped in the hat is all because of the Legion, it wouldn't surprise me if Ner'zhul is burning for some payback. Also wouldn't surprise me if he tries to pick up the reins of power to fill the void left by Sargy, Ner'zhul being a crafty bastard and all.
    Arthas inheirted the Cult because Kel'thuzad the leader of the Cult was his fucking Brofist BFF

Also ner'zhuls spirit was sent to the shadowlands along with Arthas.

BUT THE HELM. The Helm lets the being trancend into demi-godhood. Thats all the voice change really was with Bolvar. OR Since the Lich King while in the Thrones ice LIKE BOLVAR WAS at end of ICC he was yelling and sounded that way because it was a telepathic message something the Lich King is capable of doing.

Ner'zhul though. there are literally zero hints he exists and when last confronted with ner'zhul devs said that ner'zhuls story is done. Ner'zhul had a good run. he did a LOT of things. his story can rest. His arrogance with Arthas was his downfall. just as his arrogance in BtDP put him face to face with Kil'jaeden and caused him to become the Lich King as punishment.

Now Ner'zhul was tactically a genius. The strikes he had to do to retrieve the artifacts to open the portals was effective in BtDP. Him rallying the Orcen clans was something to see. And his Ultimate arrogance when he said fuck the others and ripped the planet apart and left through the portal with his close followers is what created the Lich King and the first Liches. He was too arrogant for his own good thinking he always had the situation well in hand.

RISE OF THE LICH KING
    After the merger, the Lich King sat dormant for several years while storms raged across Northrend and his minions constructed Icecrown Citadel around the Frozen Throne. While the Lich King dreamt, the various personas in his mind - the death knight Arthas Menethil, the orc shaman Ner'zhul, and Matthias Lehner, the personification of the remnants Arthas' humanity - fought for influence and control over the entity. It is notable that if arranged accordingly, Matthias Lehner is an anagram of Arthas Menethil.

Matthias tried to reason with Arthas, but Arthas killed him by running him through with Frostmourne. Ner'zhul was delighted by this, declaring that he and Arthas were now free to merge into a single glorious being. Arthas rejected this offer, stating that once he had the power of the Lich King, no one would tell him what to do again. He impaled the stunned Ner'zhul with Frostmourne, becoming the dominant personality of the Lich King and ending the dream.[5]
    - - - Updated - - -

They arent doing 2 tiers. Ion already said that

Thats why "SO TOMB IS THE END RIGHT??" was such a salty intentional tease.

Next expansion not a letdown?

SImple

Azshara , N'zoth, VOID LORD Finale
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-05 at 04:01 PM.

the did say it an its on the front page.
    No, they didn't. Go watch the video again. And the front page just says After 7.2 we're going to Argus. It doesn't say in 7.3.

As to the rest of it.... you may be right, but I don't think so. Ashzara is active *right now*. That was, after all, the main plot thread of the entire Aszuna pillar questline. No I suppose she could be acting at the behest of N'zoth, but given her history with the Legion, and given the Legion's current activities, I don't think it's a stretch to assume she's acting on behalf of the Legion. I could easily see 7.2.5 being the prep for the run up the invasion of Argus, and it would be dumb to leave an enemy in the rear.
    Last edited by drakonblayde; 2016-11-05 at 04:22 PM.

We arent going to have only two raid tiers.

They specifically made the " THE END " slide to tease to fuck out of the followup patch.

Nevermind Tomb would be FULL STOP in momentum.

Blizzard vocally renounced their optomistic 1 year expansion promises in favor or supporting the expasnion heavily while working on the other instead of full hard swapping.

2 years and a few months is now their accepted goal.

Year of Tomb? Not gonna happen not with Ion the master of all the is Raid design. in charge and their new cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

ok for some respite from intense passionate lore debates lets enjoy the gloriousness of this video and how it represents our emotions with Legions current story progression.

Khadgar fucking get me everytime. my sides
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-05 at 04:23 PM.

We arent going to have only two raid tiers.

They specifically made the " THE END " slide to tease to fuck out of the followup patch.

Nevermind Tomb would be FULL STOP in momentum.

Blizzard vocally renounced their optomistic 1 year expansion promises in favor or supporting the expasnion heavily while working on the other instead of full hard swapping.

2 years and a few months is now their accepted goal.

Year of Tomb? Not gonna happen not with Ion the master of all the is Raid design. in charge and their new cycle.
    Where did I ever say we were only going to have 2 raid tiers? All I said was that 7.3 isn't specifically going to be Argus. You may very well be right, but nowhere did they actually say it was 7.3, while they were being very specific as to the contents of 7.1.5 and 7.2. Depending on how long they want to push this, it could be 7.4 or 7.5. There's obviously going to be at least 3 raid tiers, Nighthold, Tomb, and Argus. We have no idea what they have planned in between 7.2 and Argus. I would absolutely agree with you if they were still in their old model, but they specifically said they weren't. So given that they have no imperative to push out Argus, there's no telling what's planned for in between the end of Tomb and the actual invasion beginning. Legion could easily end up being a 3 year expansion.

No, they didn't. Go watch the video again. And the front page just says After 7.2 we're going to Argus. It doesn't say in 7.3.

As to the rest of it.... you may be right, but I don't think so. Ashzara is active *right now*. That was, after all, the main plot thread of the entire Aszuna pillar questline. No I suppose she could be acting at the behest of N'zoth, but given her history with the Legion, and given the Legion's current activities, I don't think it's a stretch to assume she's acting on behalf of the Legion. I could easily see 7.2.5 being the prep for the run up the invasion of Argus, and it would be dumb to leave an enemy in the rear.
    Azshara was working with the faceless and N'zoth directly in her last major offesive during Cata.

The are direct incahoots with eachother. and both N'zoth and Azshara have significant developments this expansion already.

This will develop further with the Tomb and the Sizeable naga portion inside and the naga presence on the Broken Shore prgoression zone seen in the pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I ever say we were only going to have 2 raid tiers? All I said was that 7.3 isn't specifically going to be Argus. You may very well be right, but nowhere did they actually say it was 7.3, while they were being very specific as to the contents of 7.1.5 and 7.2. Depending on how long they want to push this, it could be 7.4 or 7.5. There's obviously going to be at least 3 raid tiers, Nighthold, Tomb, and Argus. We have no idea what they have planned in between 7.2 and Argus. I would absolutely agree with you if they were still in their old model, but they specifically said they weren't. So given that they have no imperative to push out Argus, there's no telling what's planned for in between the end of Tomb and the actual invasion beginning. Legion could easily end up being a 3 year expansion.
    after 7.2 we are going to Argus

Tomb is the Portal to Argus

After we finish Tomb. Spoiler WE go to Argus.

7.3 is nothing but Argus.

it's as certain as saying the ultimate offensive in WotlK is the assault against icecrown.

i think that technically Legion last boss is kil'jaeden but, to avoid the usual drag they will add a transition patch (7.2.5?); we will go to Argus, establish a foothold, make contact wit Turalion etc. and that will lead to the next xpack.
    Argus complete brand new planet with new continents, as big as Azeroth, ton of new contents, new dungeons, objective of this is to conquer the planet till the very last confrontation with Sargeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

If they push out Azshara they specifically eat at content needed to flesh out the next expansion.

Azshara and N'zoth and with faceless / naga

and the Zandalari Empire with Prophet Zul are enough antagonists for the followup after Legion.

N'zoth SOLO with no Naga? Simply not enough story variation or Antagonists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    i think that technically Legion last boss is kil'jaeden but, to avoid the usual drag they will add a transition patch (7.2.5?); we will go to Argus, establish a foothold, make contact wit Turalion etc. and that will lead to the next xpack.
    Argus complete brand new planet with new continents, as big as Azeroth, ton of new contents, new dungeons, objective of this is to conquer the planet till the very last confrontation with Sargeras.
    its not going to be 2 tiers

the would be like WHELP SO THATS TOMB. The end right guys.

The are getting as far away from the 2 tier model as possible. Going back to 3 minimum. BRIDGE RAID THOUGH?

Oh I certainly expect to see a mini bridge raid or some NON Azshara/N'zoth releated raid between or after or with? the penultimate raid featuring Sargeras. Keep in mind Tomb is 9 bosses. also only EIGHT of those bosses are on the map and have models. Mythic only boss :X?

Argus is unlikely to have anything new other then the vast array of Demons we meet this expansion.

more importantly THE ARTIFACTS. this is a system likely to go bye bye after Sargeras dies and expansion ends for.... reasons...
    To carry this idea FORWARD in a 2nd expansion deal with Sargeras would make previous expansion content. Pillars/ Artifacts required. its very nonsensical and doesnt fit the bill.

secondly MILLIONS of demons WHY WOULD we try to take over their capital that is linked to countless legion worlds?

YOU CANT

Its a strike force patch like isle / QUel'Danis shattered sun offensive / The Ashen Verdict/

This is the Army of Light.

A massive Warzone. Punch of hold and take out the leaders of the Legion and presumably make sure KJ is dead unless he dies in Tomb through some v ariation of mechanics since the TOMB reveal was in a very infantile state. Anywat Destroy the Lord of the Legion Sargeras. Or archimonde + KJ duo or whatever the fuck its going to be and then illidan is going to use portal magic and explode the demon infested. Fel infused world.

Take it over? WHY?

Just fucking explode it and save is from throwing our armies to their deaths in a war of attrittion when we can decimate the entirety of the Legion with a single spell from our Lord and Savior illidan? I mean thats LITERALLY Illidans stated plan

Strike fast kill the lords of the Legion and Explode the planet. DIRECTLY his plan in DH intro and his novel.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-11-05 at 04:44 PM.

Azshara was working with the faceless and N'zoth directly in her last major offesive during Cata.

The are direct incahoots with eachother. and both N'zoth and Azshara have significant developments this expansion already.

This will develop further with the Tomb and the Sizeable naga portion inside and the naga presence on the Broken Shore prgoression zone seen in the pictures.
    Ok, and Azshara has also been in direct cahoots with Sargeras. If you haven't noticed, the queen is a bit of fickle opportunist. She's going to go with whomever she thinks is going to help her get what she wants.

I guess my point is that I don't see you have any basis to insist Azshara won't appear this expac. You're busy pointing out that Blizzard isn't holding to the old formula, while at the same time trying to insist they're following some kind of formula. You don't see the contradiction in that?

Regardless, this is now a matter of opinion, and we're not going to convince each other. Time will tell who's right.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you figure it's impossible? After all, if Sargeras killed the rest of the Pantheon, then it's a pretty well established fact that Titans can die. And then there's the bit about demons that die on Argus are dead permanently, so that covers his demonic ressurection too.
    Argus is the home world of the Eredar... Not sure what Argus has to do with Sargeras.

I honestly don't see us killing Sargeras. First and foremost, Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden, as well as the Old Gods, are fleas in comparison to the Dark Titan. I see a more likely scenario as working with Sargeras to defeat the Void Lords. We, in essence, will become the new Burning Legion.

to quote you again if they plan to keep ongoign support for the expansion WHILE doing other expansion. Three years is probably likely so you make a VERY good point I havn;t seen brought up yet.

WHICH THEN puts my only 2 expansions left <OR ONE if void lords are the final patch of Azshara/Nzoth Exp> ONE expansion after Legion with a 3 year cycle < 3 years is actually very likely wide CONSISTENT support for current exp updates>

ONE expansion post legion takes us to 2022 TWO takes us to 2025.

WoW story has to end eventually. and at this point thats still giving it almost a decade.

Now using 3 years allows a wider model

next expansion could feature as raid pieaces Zandalar Isle, Palace of Azshara, Ny'olotha the Nightmare City, and possible Undermine at this point or Abyssal Maw or some such.