Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What are you talking about? I am praising them right in the text you quote. Every time you quote me you twist and misinterpret.
    You finally get flight, and thank them for it, then your need to complain shows up and this follows:

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    (Now, please, please, work on PVP gearing *and* balance. I see you are trying to get the balance right. Don't forget the gearing. Just give conquest back. Please.
    So, they fix PvP gear and balancing... what will you complain about next? Texture resolution on your Draenei? The ass of your mount is too wide? There are too many high mountains in the sky you have to fly around? It's just always something with you, and Mafic. Not sure either of you will ever be happy with this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I don't like being land-locked. I feel trapped, and have a little less fun. But I can wait, if it is best for the game.

Like flying? That's cool. It's no longer needed. Between the kite and the flightmaster's whistle, we can get everywhere. It's just a luxury item now.
    Good post. I wish more people shared this sentiment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Except they got what they wanted without it having to be an expense of someone else's fun. I think that's a good thing.

As for the asshats, I don't see who you're talking about now. We have flight, we should all be happy. There's no need to give a second thought to the anti-flight crowd who is hating for the sake of hating, we've all got flight now. I mean for a pro-flight guy, you should be celebrating!
    I was celebrating without flight, and am pleased to hear there is a definitive patch for it. My game is neither enhanced nor ruined by flight, or lack there of. As I've been saying for weeks. It's coming, and it will be here when Blizz is ready. We don't even have 7.1.5 yet, and they are already releasing the details of 7.2. This shows me they've learned from their communication mistakes of Draenor, and the lack of content "content" patches. 7.1 actually brought us content. 7.1.5 will bring us more. 7.2 brings us even more.

While 7.2 is at least 5-6 more months away, I'm sure we'll get some leaked details from the PTR that will give us a head start on PT2 of the Pathfinder. As for all the No Fly No Buy crowd, they STILL have to buy, sub, do all the work (from the ground) and then finally earn flight. If they'd gotten over themselves 2 months ago, most of the heavy lifting would be out of the way. But, not my concern. There was no real grind with PT1, so PT2 should be easy as well.

Revered is required for ALL Legion fractions? Ive been chipping away at Nightfallen since launch and Im still only part way into Honored. Id rather go look for treasure, since my Demon Hunter is the one furthest on requirements. I hope this means flight in ghost form too. Dying on Highmountain and Stormheim is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    What good story could possibly conceived to explain why we can't fly when things like flight paths are also sitting there? It'd be the least elegant, most hammy thing imaginable.
    Pessimist much? I know Blizzard writers aren't the most amazing, but...wow....

How about something like how the flight paths are the only areas we've managed to secure safe skies for? Blizz could have set up the flight paths to stay low to the ground or something to support the explanation. I'm sure they could come up with something. And as long as we're on the topic, what's the explanation for Pathfinder? They didn't even TRY to come up with a lore reason for it. Suddenly, after poking our faces into every corner of the Broken Isles, our dragons magically remember how to fly? You want to talk about inelegant, there you go. xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    I think they just stayed quite so they had more stuff to announce specifically for Blizzcon actually. I am willing to bet they have known for a while that it would come out with 7.2. But since the xpac is all of two months old they probably just figured to hold on to that little tidbit. Partially because they don't have a solid date for 7.2 and partially because they wanted to announce it along with all the other 7.2 goodies we didn't know about yet.
    I suspect they wanted to see how the expansion was doing first, before putting the unlock of flying in the most optimal place during the lifespan of the expansion.

Anyway, as I've said, I'm less concerned about that than I am about what kind of content will be available AFTER flight is available. If it's nothing but no-fly islands then we're just back to square one. Only getting flight once it's not really good for anything current isn't really much better than not having it at all. I hope people will understand by now why people like me remain skeptical. I'm willing to give Blizz the benefit of the doubt now that they're communicating on the issue, but I'm still reserving judgement until I see the actual implementation.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-11-05 at 05:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    40 hours. cute.

also, legendaries as drops where done "seldom"????
    That's the way it was until Cataclysm, that's not seldom.
    I suppose I should define drops for you. Kill a guy, a legendary falls out of his back pocket, and yay you get a legendary.

That was done twice. Both in BC, and both being only available through raids. If you are counting all of the other legendaries, which required drops and some form of a quest chain, sure. But those still required you to do something other than a 2 step process of step 1 kill guy step 2 cross fingers. And all still required doing raids.

As for your first comment, it's asinine. If you work more than that, sucks to be you.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

If they incorporated story elements into reasons for no-flying, they would have to do that every expansion and it'd get incredibly hammy. Story should be used to explain things, but mechanics like flying and its limits aren't really important to the story itself. Sorta like there's no reasons why you can suddenly buy bigger bags that hold more stuff or why you can die and respawn infinitely while story characters can't.

They could say 'oh you can't fly in legion cuz of the giant ships and flying demons in the air', and that'd be totally cool this expansion. But then they'd have to use some other bullshit excuse in the next, and the next, and the next... It'd just get tired and everyone sees through it as empty fluff for a gameplay feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Nonsense. It is a bloody Video Game. You do what you enjoy while playing them. If you don't like flying then don't fly. All you are going to lose out on is traversing the game space quicker.
    Explain why people that say the game play is improved on the ground start flying when its available.
    Explain why people that complain that flight paths break their immersion, take them out of the game, are boring and offer zero game play use them when flying is disabled?

If they want ground only gameplay, that will still exist in most current content being rolled out. Every major patch content, beginning of every expansion. I don't think opening up old content and the rest of the world for flight is really a big issue for immersion, you'll still have it in every piece of relevant leveling and end-game content. The only thing this would affect is alts, and to be honest, not everyone needs to do Pathfinder. I like flight and I don't have Draenor Pathfinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i the only one who thinks the shaman mount seems really depressed?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks the shaman mount seems really depressed?
    Probably - nobody else gives a shit about how a fictional elemental mounts' feelings are.

Was starting to get a bit hyped for legion actually. Didn't realize that there still isn't flying in it and wont be until new years probably. Glad I didn't start at release.

Anyway, how soon after reaching level cap could you get the achievement required to unlock flying? Hours? Days? Weeks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Was starting to get a bit hyped for legion actually. Didn't realize that there still isn't flying in it and wont be until new years probably. Glad I didn't start at release.

Anyway, how soon after reaching level cap could you get the achievement required to unlock flying? Hours? Days? Weeks?
    Requires revered with every faction except Nightfallen which you need exalted with so it'll take probably a couple of weeks depending on your speed. I finished pathfinder part 1 in 22 days.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...Thanks for the full list. Since I had a late start, World Quests will likely take me the longest while getting Explorer will be a pain in the ass (not getting killed by shit but that's part of the fun ^_^). I assumed Broken Isles Loremaster was a requirement anyways and have just Highmountain and Suramar left to tackle. Everything else will be taken care of in short order. LOL.

Blizzard lowered the Revered requirement to Friendly and cut the number of factions from 6 to 3 a few weeks ago just so you know. Pretty sure the number of required World Quests was cut to 50 as well. I'll see if I can find the Blue Post stating this. Where's @Aquamonkey when you need him?
    Can you get a source for that? Wowhead still shows how it was and I just got it a few days ago when I got the Wardens to revered, so apparently it's not changed there either.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Explain why people that say the game play is improved on the ground start flying when its available.
    Explain why people that complain that flight paths break their immersion, take them out of the game, are boring and offer zero game play use them when flying is disabled?
    They lack the courage of their convictions. If they are some blowhard on a forum whining about how flying is the devil only to immediately jump on a flying mount at the first opportunity then it never really bothered them in the fist place.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Exactly, we'll be flying around while you're catching up and complaining about the buffed heroics being too hard. .

7.2 is really perfect timing to bring back flight. I love this schedule. Expect it to be the new normal...

I am not the least bit worried about the heroics since I will probably only do them once per character.

And I am perfectly fine if WoW goes this route from now on, since I am perfectly willing to cycle in and out of the game as the flight gets removed and restored. I would actually probably stay for good if they stopped monkeying with flight, but I have found other things to do since leaving the game, so removing flight now just gives me an easy excuse to do those other things.

I agree... this could be a pretty cool way to schedule things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I can safely say that I, for one, will not.

I might have if the only requirements had to be met in the 7.0 achievement process. However, it's now two patches of stuff I'd have to do. I work 40 hours a week. No thanks.

I might have if they hadn't completely made raiding obsolete. Why join a guild and progress through raid content when you can just get 4 random people on your server and do 5-mans for equal or better gear? No thanks.

I might have if they hadn't made legendaries drops that may or may not happen...and then you may or may not get one that's even useful. Drops, sure, okay, we've done that before. Very seldom, but it's happened. In raids. Now you do 5-mans for legendaries. Seriously? As a drop chance? 5-mans...yeah, no thanks.

I can safely say now there are only two things Blizzard could introduce that could get me to come back to WoW. 2 v 2 co-op PvP pet battles...or an expansion that doesn't have all of the things I just listed above in it. I think I can put pretty safe bets in saying that means I'm not returning.
    A whole 40 hours? Tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    While I can understand your frustration and hesitation to jump back in before everything is actually set, if I could, I would suggest starting the Xpac up once 7.2 is up on the PTR. Pathfinder part 1 isn't a gimme and will still take time to finish. But that way you are actively working on your pathfinding, and you can start leveling your Artifact Weapon (power and knowledge).
    From a tactical standpoint, that is excellent advice, but unfortunately my faith concerning what Blizzard says and what Blizzard does is not what it used to be. And to be honest, Blizzcon is kind of famous for unveiling "intentions" rather than "promises". That said, I do believe they fully intend to do what they say... They just don't always deliver.

Also, since Blizzard wants me to earn flight as my reward for doing some in-game work (which I have no problem with), then it does not seem too much of me to ask Blizzard to do some work (and add flight) before I reward them by giving them my money.

Going back to WoW before flight is available is essentially a pre-pay situation... And those do not always end as well as we would like. This concerns me far more than some gear catch up.

I do thank you for the advice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm. Can only speak for myself but I'm rarely in Stormheim and often in Highmountain. Almost never get the Valerjar Emissary quest. ._.
    Maybe that's why Highmointain popped out so much.

Suramar easily takes the cake though. >.<
    My experience is more from the leveling and rares/treasure hunting perspective than WQs, but Stormheim is just awful. At least in Highmountain, if there's a way to get someplace there's a path to it. Not true of Stormheim thanks to grappling. There's the one vrykul village you can't even get inside without it. There are multiple treasures where I've spent ridiculous amounts of time scouring cliff sides for hooks. The map itself is confusing and is little help for navigation.

Highmountain also gets points from me because it's easy to traverse using the kite + Emerald Winds since there's almost always high ground available. I can definitely see that being a problem in Suramar. I haven't gotten very far into it on my DH, but already there have been a few times I've been thankful for double jump + glide.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    In my experience, southern Highmountain is a nightmare to get around. But yeah stormheim is bad too, I was looking at the map of SH the other day and it looks to me like where ever they could of had some non mountainous terrain they stuck a river there.
    Like around the summit? I guess I can see that, there's no way to kite + EW to it since it's an incline. I've only had mining quests and a warrior class quest send me that direction so far though and I just use the flight path after the first time. At least it's a dedicated path through there though. There's nothing straightforward about Stormheim, odds are wherever you want to go there's some convoluted way to get there. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I don't mind having to use ground mounts for a while then unlocking flying, but I wish it made more sense. How do we manage to keep magically forgetting how to fly every expansion?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    I don't mind having to use ground mounts for a while then unlocking flying, but I wish it made more sense. How do we manage to keep magically forgetting how to fly every expansion?
    It's not that we forget how, but in an effort to suspend disbelief and encourage immersion, we just assume that every atmosphere has different conditions, and Flight masters have to train the gryphons and the other Trainers before we can learn those same secrets. It's like the difference between flying over Bermuda, or over Russia. Both have clear skies, but polar opposite travel conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    I'd use the flight path because I hate those less than I hate ground mounts. But I'm not giving up something I like for efficiency. I dislike both options, so I'd go with whichever I hate less.

I leveled an alt from 85-90 just with archeology to bypass leveling on the ground in Pandaria. I've always been willing to take longer to avoid something I hate.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2016-11-05 at 08:43 PM.