Assa/Outlaw stat weights

I'm new to legion and never have I seen this much variation in stat weights from different sources in any previous expansion. So my question is, what can I trust in regards to stat weights? I've always used shadowcraft but their outlaw profile is broken, assassination I'm currently going on Furty's guide on icy-veins but its vastly different to what shadowcrafts assassination profile says..

So basically, where do I go to get my stat weights correct? And no I'm not hardcore raiding or anything so I dont want to sim my character with every new gear piece, I just want something to go on. Thanks!

I know you said you don't want to do it but really simming yourself isn't that difficult and will give the best answer. If you just won't then for assassination go crit/mastery/ (assuming EP/AP), or Crit/Vers for for EP/Exsanguinate. I haven't played Outlaw in a while but Vers/Crit were the best last time I played it.

Read here for a decent guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...XxQKvU/preview

Alright, currently I'm playing EP/AP and I have mostly crit/mastery so I guess thats good.. But is there a big difference between the two options or should I just play the spec that suits my gear? Cause I've been thinking of switching to EP/Ex cause it looks more fun to play.

If you aren't raiding probably just play what you find more fun. Ep/Ex allows you to swap to Outlaw if you want since it is basically the same stat priority. EP/AP scales better but again if you aren't raiding probably doesn't make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavax View Post
    I'm new to legion and never have I seen this much variation in stat weights from different sources in any previous expansion. So my question is, what can I trust in regards to stat weights? I've always used shadowcraft but their outlaw profile is broken
    Do we know if it's still broken? If so, any word from any where as to when it might be working again?

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    Do we know if it's still broken? If so, any word from any where as to when it might be working again?
    Yep, it's definitely still broken, just go to the documentation and you will see this "Outlaw: Model just doesn't work, don't use it.".
    No idea as to when it will be working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavax View Post
    Yep, it's definitely still broken, just go to the documentation and you will see this "Outlaw: Model just doesn't work, don't use it.".
    No idea as to when it will be working again.
    Well that's certainly......unequivocal.

Deleted
    Going to piggyback this thread to ask how reliable is simc? Currently it's telling me to drop mastery in favour of vers and weighting it ahead of both crit and mastery in terms of statweights. I play Mut ep/ap. Though no vendetta relics ATM sadly the only thing I can think would skew results is the relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleasr View Post
    Going to piggyback this thread to ask how reliable is simc? Currently it's telling me to drop mastery in favour of vers and weighting it ahead of both crit and mastery in terms of statweights. I play Mut ep/ap. Though no vendetta relics ATM sadly the only thing I can think would skew results is the relics.
    I came here to say this. Simc is going against what everyone is saying is the current meta. I do have the 3 vendetta relics and here are my stat weights from biggest to lowest:

Agility=13.56, Versatility=11.16, CritRating=10.44, MasteryRating=10.03, HasteRating=5.79

And actually, it makes sense. Outside of simming I did a simple test with trinkets by looking at how they affect the tooltips. I had one that gives +898 Vers and one that gives +968 mastery.

The versatility gives me a flat 2.3% damage increase to all my abilities and the mastery gave me a .2% increase per stack of AP for a total of 1%. So the versatility is giving more than DOUBLE the damage boost than mastery, and that's with a trinket that had less Vers adn Mastery! So it makes sense UNLESS the tooltips are wrong.

My current stats are: 41% crit, 101% mastery and 4% versatility.

Running AP/EP
    Last edited by Staks55; 2016-11-06 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Staks55 View Post
    I came here to say this. Simc is going against what everyone is saying is the current meta. I do have the 3 vendetta relics and here are my stat weights from biggest to lowest:

Agility=13.56, Versatility=11.16, CritRating=10.44, MasteryRating=10.03, HasteRating=5.79

And actually, it makes sense. Outside of simming I did a simple test with trinkets by looking at how they affect the tooltips. I had one that gives +898 Vers and one that gives +968 mastery.

The versatility gives me a flat 2.3% damage increase to all my abilities and the mastery gave me a .2% increase per stack of AP for a total of 1%. So the versatility is giving more than DOUBLE the damage boost than mastery, and that's with a trinket that had less Vers adn Mastery! So it makes sense UNLESS the tooltips are wrong.

My current stats are: 41% crit, 101% mastery and 4% versatility.

Running AP/EP
    Of course it will give those values for you, the sweet spot is easily around 100% mast 8% Versa were both exsa/poison builds become equally viable (burst or sustained dps), by numbers it's easier for you to get that 4% versatility than going for 130% mastery when you "break" through the cap of needing versa and start surviving just by mastery damage, that doesn't go against what everyone is saying, either you park stats around 100/8 or you go 130+ mastery and no versa

Also, for the sim, it will make sense to point people towards Versa as its true that stat is the single one you get more damage from (bar agi) and even more if you're "undercapped", but with the actual itemization restrictions in the game versa isn't the best option for maximum dps output.

Mastery gets a kick from the stacking factor, and the equip you can get right now at the "best" farming experience gives you plenty of Mastery and a lot less versa

- Appendages (2nd BiS) gives you a lot of mastery, if you want a good trinket with Versa you'll have to farm HoV and, depending the M+ level you can grind hope for a titanforged to get in the range of a Heroic/Mythic appendages (and it would probably still lose against appendages)
    - Not a single lengendary from our spec/class give versa, they give Mastery and it helps stacking for AP
    - EN lacks BiS versa items in Shoulder, Cloak, Chest (can get the nightbane one that's BiS with EoC tho),wrist,gloves, pants, boots, 2nd ring and trinkets

Best case scenario: If you get Items from Mythic EN + some world drops, you can stand around 9/10% versa, 11 or 12 pushing it, beyond that you will have to get most of your items from M+ farming (3 chest runs to get variety of loot, war/titanforgeds) if you want to make the versa way viable beyond 875+ ilvl, it takes a lot less effort to go mastery. Even if you earn your way to higher ilvl with versa against someone that had to work "less" via mastery with Mythic raid and other mastery BiS items the difference in dps is almost negligible

With actual secondary stats from items, the best damage ceiling still lies in Mastery as you can get to that 120/130~with BiS items and probably some versa to spare, you getting SimC telling you to go versa because you lack it doesn't make it the "way to go" meta-wise for all the rogues playing and neither disproves what everyone is saying