Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Definitely the best looking class mount! So happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I get my hands on that mount, ill have to change my transmog

Easily one of the best, I may just not be saying it is the best out of jealousy, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raghnar View Post
    The shaman mount is the most ridiculous by far. It dont seem shamanistic. Do you can really imagine a guy like Thrall using this ? Do you really can imagine shamans from warcraft 3 using this ? It doesnt even look like a mount. I definitely cant use this mount for roleplay as a frostwolf orc shaman.
    Maybe its because i'm not american or maybe too old (29 y.o), but for me too much "awesome cool and hype" kills the "awesome cool and hype".

I wish I could trade that mount for the hunter or druid one.
    I'm not sure how you're trying to make this into mild nation bashing and insults, but did Thrall ever convince the Elemental Lords to actually work together? I mean, judging since they haven't since the Old God's defeat, I would say the answer is no, so not sure why if Thrall would ride it or not matters. We, as shamans, helped the Elemental Lords more than Thrall did, so you get rewarded with your own personal elemental assistances. Really not sure how you could get more shamanistic than an actual elemental helping you, since this isn't shamanistic to you.

I'm so pumped for this I've always wanted an air ele as a mount its gonna go perfectly with my mog.

Also don't know why someone would be mad about not using it as an rp frost wolf the only thing you should be using as a mount then is...............a frost wolf.

I also feel like this mount makes it feel like we have an even closer connection to the elements than before. Which lore wise we kinda do since we got all the lords together and they gave us a champion to work under us.

Looks like it definitely will have issues entering doors just like Nether Rays

Looks cool but the character animation is really lame imo wish we were sat on it instead.

I'm not sure how you're trying to make this into mild nation bashing and insults, but did Thrall ever convince the Elemental Lords to actually work together? I mean, judging since they haven't since the Old God's defeat, I would say the answer is no, so not sure why if Thrall would ride it or not matters. We, as shamans, helped the Elemental Lords more than Thrall did, so you get rewarded with your own personal elemental assistances. Really not sure how you could get more shamanistic than an actual elemental helping you, since this isn't shamanistic to you.
    I didnt want to bash a nation, I just think that, for the good and the bad, in the american philosophy of entertainment, fun is far more important that logic and consistency, too much for me. And honestly if you watch the european and american forums, you will see much more positive reception about the shaman class mount in the US one.
    For the rest of the answer I understand you and you are probably right, but I dont consider my character as the farseer of the shaman class, I meet dozens of "farseer" each day and as we are in a MMO and not in a solo game I cannot accept that my character is the "chosen one" even more powerfull that Thrall. So using a sentient elemental as a slave because I'm the most powerfull shaman of the world is pretty weird for me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this one looks awesome. It's like the mage's plate, but with a mount bellow it. And an awesome one!

meh its just the red disc mount from pandaria with a HD reskinned cloud under it and extra armor slapped on the disc.

/jk

In all seriousness i want to see it do barrel roles.

The shaman mount is the most ridiculous by far. It dont seem shamanistic. Do you can really imagine a guy like Thrall using this ? Do you really can imagine shamans from warcraft 3 using this ? It doesnt even look like a mount. I definitely cant use this mount for roleplay as a frostwolf orc shaman.
    Maybe its because i'm not american or maybe too old (29 y.o), but for me too much "awesome cool and hype" kills the "awesome cool and hype".

I wish I could trade that mount for the hunter or druid one.
    I'm both curious and interested to know what mount in your opinion is better than an elemental for shamans?

the mount looks absolutely amazing, I am so hyped.

I'm both curious and interested to know what mount in your opinion is better than an elemental for shamans?
    Something lilke that :
    http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/...le-318x446.jpg
    It would made sens to morph in ghostwolf at ground and ghost eagle to fly. And it totally fit to the taurens, the most shamanistic race, and even the dwarves (wildhammers have a special link with eagles).

Or that :
    http://web.mit.edu/rocketteam/www/20...i/sleipnir.png
    This is THE shaman mount. In real life the european and asian shamans were said to use a 8 legged horse to travel to the spirit world. When the norse religion evolved from shamanism to norse paganism, the 8 legged horse became the mount of Odin, which is the norse god with the most shamanistic traits (according to anthropologists).

Some mounts will have different effects based specs, this would prob be the most obvious one bar druid.

Shamans almost definitely aren't getting spec variations.
    They said those will be limited to colour or texture swaps.

A storm elemental works for all three specs, and cannot be changed to any other kind of elemental with merely a change of textures.

Something lilke that :
    It would made sens to morph in ghostwolf at ground and ghost eagle to fly. And it totally fit to the taurens, the most shamanistic race, and even the dwarves (wildhammers have a special link with eagles).
    Eagles aren't that common among the playable shaman races, Wildhammer focus on Gryphon (Similiar, yet not the same) and playable Dwarf Shamans aren't Wildhammer.

Playable Tauren aren't showing any particular affinity for Eagles, so there's that.

Darkspear Trolls consider Bird spirits to be weak and not worth worshipping, just as a sidenote.

Or that :
    This is THE shaman mount. In real life the european and asian shamans were said to use a 8 legged horse to travel to the spirit world. When the norse religion evolved from shamanism to norse paganism, the 8 legged horse became the mount of Odin, which is the norse god with the most shamanistic traits (according to anthropologists).
    Shaman have no ties to horses at all, a giant Spirit Wolf would have been more fitting.

Horses are for DK's and Pallies, those are the "knight" / Crusader classes.

Something lilke that :

Or that :
    thank fuck this guy doesn't work at blizzard.

Deleted
    Something lilke that :

Or that :
    Thank fuck WoW isn't the real world.

I don't play WoW for realism, i play it for fantasy. This mount is Fantasy. Want a winged horse? Paladins are that way ->

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Shamans almost definitely aren't getting spec variations.
    They said those will be limited to colour or texture swaps.

A storm elemental works for all three specs, and cannot be changed to any other kind of elemental with merely a change of textures.
    Rag/Neptulon/Al'akir all use the same basic model, wouldn't be a stretch to change them and have a fire one for ele, and a water one for resto. Dunno how i'd feel about a flying Ragnaros but would be pretty damn badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    Rag/Neptulon/Al'akir all use the same basic model, wouldn't be a stretch to change them and have a fire one for ele, and a water one for resto. Dunno how i'd feel about a flying Ragnaros but would be pretty damn badass.
    Personal assumption:

It will just change it's colour and perhaps some new particles, Resto it will look like some kind of Typhoon Elemental (Water + Storm), Enhance basic Storm Model and for Ele like some Firestorm Elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    They absolutely do not. They have different models. The geometry is different, they are not the same model with a different skin over the top.
    Ion was clear, textures are all that is changing. Not models.

These are the same model, with a different texture. Everything is the same shape, but different things are drawn on top.
    All that changes one to the other is what is drawn onto the mesh. The texture.

These are two different models. The shoulders/head are different shapes.
    Bits have to be added or removed to turn one model to the other. This cannot be done with just a change of texture.

See the difference?
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-11-06 at 02:37 AM.