Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    TIL every druid on this forum is an owl expert suddenly

10+ Year Old Account
    The owl is sickness. One of the best of the bunch imo. I hope it's quite bigger than our flight form. Looks like it...I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    you should check out the crazy things owls do with their necks, beyond the full rotation thing that is.
    I once saw a barn owl swallow a mouse whole. It was horrifying. Cuteness aura shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    The owl is sickness. One of the best of the bunch imo. I hope it's quite bigger than our flight form. Looks like it...I think.

I once saw a barn owl swallow a mouse whole. It was horrifying. Cuteness aura shattered.
    It deff is bigger than out flight form. Seems like it is bigger than most flying mounts. It will just suck if it is so big that we cant see much since we cant zoom out far anymore :/

I'm conflicted. We already have an owl form (with glyph).

1) why does the new mount have a messed up neck while our glyph form is normal?

2) why do we need a second owl form? There weren't any other Druid options? Hawk? Falcon? Eagle? Maybe a mix of stag/bird/druid? Just seems like an odd choice. (or did they forget about the owl glyph?)

It looks good, but I'm just not sure about it. I don't really like the neck.. why does Blizzard love ruining Druid anatomy? (like with giant bear asses for decades, and now brokeneck owl?)

Too bad we can't use it in no flight areas like every other class can do with their mounts.

The current owlforms look a lot better. I am honestly disappointed.

I don't actually use the travelform a lot anymore. I've played my char for 10+ years and I really enjoy my mount collection. As I don't have Mining or Herbalism, most of the time when I move from A to B I actually use a mount, even after the 100% change. I like the variation and the quick swapping you can do between mounts.

I asked in my guild (Druid guild) to hear what people think. Most of the people I've spoken with so far, aren't impressed.

Not only that, but it won't count towards the Mount achievements.. My favorite mount is the priest mount, man that looked amazing, but another shapeshift?

Also, the biggest question is. We won't be able to use it, in the next non-flying content.

As a troll druid, I desperately hope we get our stupid voodoo coloration for the owl, that brown is too plain, too... tauren.

Also, while Blizzard probably will make it a spell and not an account-wide mount there's no particular reason they HAVE to. Pretty sure that mechanically they could put any spell they wanted to in the mount panel with any cast speed and it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbaby View Post
    Also, the biggest question is. We won't be able to use it, in the next non-flying content.
    That's not even remotely a question.

Quote Originally Posted by solidbear View Post
    I'm conflicted. We already have an owl form (with glyph).

1) why does the new mount have a messed up neck while our glyph form is normal?
    Because the glyph uses the owl model (as it should being an owl).

I think the new mount uses the fiddled hippogryph rigging (think pandaren phoenix or ji-kun mount - basically a hippogryph with the front legs removed, hence the weird long body and odd back leg positions for a bird). Doubt it even has a ground animation as those mounts can't land while the owls/flightforms can.

It's beyond me why they didnt use either the flightform/owl/stormcrow base instead. Unless maybe it can carry passengers? That would be the only reason it would need the longish body for a saddle area - I might forgive the odd model if it can be used as a passenger mount like the stag.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2016-11-06 at 01:49 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah it's a travel form.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's spec specific, I would imagine the owl in the druid preview is for the Moonkin spec, because of the moonshape above the head.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

yeah in the video they showed a druid cast it and become this

also, it looks like a noctowl fucked the mop challenge mode mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    If it's spec specific, I would imagine the owl in the druid preview is for the Moonkin spec, because of the moonshape above the head.
    Also, the astrally purple stuff from the wings.

EDIT: Actually, my bad. That druid is in guardian spec. He has the fist weapons equipped. Also, one of my guildies said not all mounts are getting spec specific. So likely just Mage, Priest, DK, and Shaman.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-11-06 at 06:02 AM.

Not sure if this mount will be spec specific, in any case what would the others be? a flying bear/cat/tree? I think we'll get a recolor for each race and that's it.

Source that no all mounts are spec specific: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...19793459462145

Quote Originally Posted by Hanede View Post
    Not sure if this mount will be spec specific, in any case what would the others be? a flying bear/cat/tree? I think we'll get a recolor for each race and that's it.

Source that no all mounts are spec specific: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...19793459462145
    I agree the mount will probably follow races as per usual with Druids (grey/purple for Night Elf, black/grey for Worgen, brown for Tauren, maybe slate blue for Troll). The purple tips to the wings feel a bit like it could be Balance - maybe green wing tips & armor for Resto and red/gold for Guardian/Feral? So that would be a Balance Tauren owl - I think I might be overstating the amount of time they're willing to spend on the Druid mounts at this stage though - I'm going to guess 4 recolours of one model, one for each race, but the same for each spec. Maybe we'll get some minor changes with Tauren horns, Worgen mane, etc, but I wouldn't count on it.

I do really hope the night elf owl is grey and/or purple, not brown.

Edit: Wowhead shows that owl is a Tauren Guardian Druid = so yeah brown is probably tauren, but I'd guess we all get the purple wings/armor.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2016-11-07 at 01:42 AM.

Deleted
    Owl tier is the best mount tier

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    Do you guys think it's simple an ability that will improve our travel form?

or will it be a 3 sec cast flying mount.

i'm scared that it will turn out to be a travel form, so we can't use it in bg's even with 100% mount speed etc.

the owl is so darn cool I had love to hear from blizzard devs how they want to make this thing work.

edit: For people who haven't seen it yet. http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...sMounts117.jpg

thx shiftyfish

edit2: Mounts are SPEC specific.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...60377875562496

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...80928643997696

I also do believe that Alliance and Hordes will not share same appearances.
    Honestly I hope we can glyph us out of it if it's travelform. I like the sentinel glyph that was introduced in Legion and I don't like the length og the neck on this new one, looks like a giraffe-owl.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    Yup but if it's a bg you would get the slow travel form as an example. the 40%. unless we are allowed to keep the owl for 100% - but i doubt that we will get an instant cast 100% ground speed travel mount - hence why i fear that the owl might not be avaible for us - so i would understand if they said no.

I was just curious of the limitations - I didn't see the blizcon myself, so was hoping someone had more details about it.
    did a doozy, sorry

15+ Year Old Account
    Bit disappointed with a larger flight form tbh, would liked to have seen an actual mount like everyone else, and like solidbear said above, we already have a glyph that gives us an owl form. So yeah, me personally i am a bit underwhelmed by our class "mount".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1mcq View Post
    Bit disappointed with a larger flight form tbh, would liked to have seen an actual mount like everyone else, and like solidbear said above, we already have a glyph that gives us an owl form. So yeah, me personally i am a bit underwhelmed by our class "mount".
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as well. The upside that I am seeing in this though, is that we'll be able to start quoting Kaepora Gaebora. "Would you like me to repeat that? [Yes]/[No]"

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1mcq View Post
    Bit disappointed with a larger flight form tbh, would liked to have seen an actual mount like everyone else...
    But then you'd have people complaining about that instead, and they'd outnumber the current complaints a thousand to one. Flight form is better than any mount (instant, can be used while falling, can't be dazed, can gather), so a fancy new mount would be something you'd use for a few days to see it and then never using it again.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.