Thread: Nightbane Nerf?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nightbane is fine. They could make the speedrun a bit harder because its fucking easy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    Well mainly its Jagged Shard, and Ignite soul mechanic do not mix well at all for that fight.

If you let jagged Shard get over 6 stacks. Healer is gonna go OOM, and its prob gonna be a wipe in third phase.

However, most of the time to prevent going over 6 stacks of Jagged shards you need to lust on second phase. Players wont be able to beat the shard stacks. Unless you either have to have a 880 ilvl, or have gotten lucky with good damage increase legendaries.

However, lusting on second phase does mean a longer third phase. Where the healer might even go OOM there if dps isn't fast enough.

This is just my feed back though after wiping to the boss after 3 hours until kill. You don't really wanna lust third phase unless you got really good dps pulling 600k.
    That is simply not true. We been running this with an average of 850-855 and had no problems. We didn't even had Lust for our last run, and we did all of it. Last boss two tries, Morroes 6 since we didn't know you could ignore the garrote and maiden 3. Nightbane took around 5 tries.

Stop the whole ourgearing talk please. If an instance drops 875 max, of course you are not supposed to have 880 gear. What sort of nonsense is that anyways.

Same group ran mythic+ with a 815 tank, and just used cc to complete it in time. And we are all just casual players who don't raid like ever.

Deleted
    Interesting, How people on MMO champ don't even read the post. However, Karazhan and the timed run I have 0 problems with. Nightbane seems to be over tuned in my opinion. Gated behind a time run to unlock a boss is cool and all. However, making the boss fight damn near impossible. Is rather annoying.

Yeah, I noticed with high Ilvl the fight is a joke. However, if everyones at 870 ilvl fishing for better gear hes not really possible to do. Anyways, lusting phase 3 will work if played right my group was getting him at 15% usually, sometimes 5% before wiping with lust at third phase. The Jagged Shard mechanic would just suck the healer dry if it was at 9 stacks.
    What so wory you after few years we will be able to come and simply solo this boss (or few months later will be equal easy when we put a hand of TR sets)

TIL Heroic Xavius is hard?

We got 7/7H with only one day a week raiding, on week two. Two hours a day, probably killed more heroic bosses total so far than wipes people typically get on Nightbane :P

I can't remember where it was said but nightbane is tune to be between a +13-15 keystone end boss of an instance. It is not difficult it just takes coordination. Also remeber heroic raids are really just the old Normal difficulty. Easy enough to be pugged but hard enough that you have to pay attention to mechanics and play reasonably well.
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2016-11-03 at 06:24 PM. Reason: add more

you should´ve played scholomance and stratholme classic now that was some fine 5 man content

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Guess you never ran the original Kara then. Nightbane was easily on par for difficulty with Shade.

Prince, the last boss, was mostly about luck because you'd single tank him in the corner and just hope you didn't get an infernal up the ass.

Shade was difficult simply because people would move in the fire rings.

Nightbane required movement, higher dps and a lot of positioning by the tanks in a very narrow space. Easily the most difficult fight in there and as an "optional boss" you really should be thinking of Nightbane more along the lines of Ra Den or Synestra only with useful loot.
    Was waiting for this pointless and totally unconstructive "lol it was easy for me" comment.

I ran Kara back in the day and cleared it. Don't need your personal take on it and I don't think my post asked for it.

But go ahead and keep thinking people give a shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Because running into fire with a debuff is hard?
    Because interrupting a cast is hard?
    Because poping cooldowns and hero in second phase is hard?
    Because buffing up and using potions is hard?

If you can make the timed run, you can kill the boss. Just have to try a bit. It's not a mythic 10+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    6 stacks?! We killed it today while getting 3, seems your dpsers are slacking.
    The boss is tough numbers wise and not due mechanics if you lack the gear.
    I don't think you're able to judge that while heavily outgearing it.

You'd go from needing perfect execution to just stomping it with one more weekly reset of gear.

I don't think dungeons which are used to gear up for raids.

Should be harder than current raids. Kind of defeats the purpose for raiding If you ask me.
    Kara isn't a stepping stone to heroic raiding, its a way for non raiders to still get a challenge through 5 man content.

if you can't beat a boss you leave, get more gear, come back.... stop being entitled to everything dying the first week.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it is well tuned for what it drops, it's an optional boss to so no need to make it killable at any gear / skill level...

If you have the dps to clear the crystal part in time you have the dps to kill the boss, just need to learn the mechanic and have a decent strategy for it if you are not super geared...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgulok View Post
    Was waiting for this pointless and totally unconstructive "lol it was easy for me" comment.

I ran Kara back in the day and cleared it. Don't need your personal take on it and I don't think my post asked for it.

But go ahead and keep thinking people give a shit.
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

But since you're slow on the uptake let's go over it again shall we.

When I said "Nightbane was the most difficult fight in there" I'm referring to the original Kara.

Nightbane is the actual final boss of Kara. This was true back in the day and it's true now.

The gear Nightbane drops - specifically the chest pieces - are what makes the rest of the gear - specifically the trinkets - from Kara competitive against Mythic+, Mythic gear and as we go forward into the Nighthold.

If you want optional bosses that don't drop gear well they've got a new brawlers' guild coming out that'll be just your style.

Meanwhile, as I get somewhat where you're coming from in that Nightbane is basically going to be the Bronze Drake of Legion, considering how it actually includes a boss fight and one that you can't just entirely steamroll with gearscore at this time the fight deserves having more loot attached to it than just a job well done mount.

Deleted
    Killed him the 2nd try this week, only wiped once because we didn't have Bloodlust for phase 3.

Get good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading this thread gets me even more excited for our first Nightbane attempts tonight Challenging 5-man bosses, yay! Feels almost like a new concept by now as TBC heroics were so long ago.

Did him first try yesterday. He is really easy if you know what to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Did him first try yesterday. He is really easy if you know what to do.
    Well generally you don't on first try, unless you cheese guides/youtube etc, but why the hell would you take the fun of discovery out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by T3ramos View Post
    you should´ve played scholomance and stratholme classic now that was some fine 5 man content
    correction, that was some 10man content. Its like people dont even know UBRS was 15man raid and strat/scholo were 10mans in vanilla before they got retuned for the tier 0,5 questline....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    correction, that was some 10man content. Its like people dont even know UBRS was 15man raid and strat/scholo were 10mans in vanilla before they got retuned for the tier 0,5 questline....
    dont let facts get in the way of the feels

Deleted
    I don't think dungeons which are used to gear up for raids.

Should be harder than current raids. Kind of defeats the purpose for raiding If you ask me.
    Mythic plus is way harder then heroic xavius

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    TIL Heroic Xavius is hard?

We got 7/7H with only one day a week raiding, on week two. Two hours a day, probably killed more heroic bosses total so far than wipes people typically get on Nightbane :P
    you raid for a longer period of time per raid tho. Like 4-5 hours. Also you only have 3 kills on hc Xavius
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-11-06 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

But since you're slow on the uptake let's go over it again shall we.

When I said "Nightbane was the most difficult fight in there" I'm referring to the original Kara.

Nightbane is the actual final boss of Kara. This was true back in the day and it's true now.

The gear Nightbane drops - specifically the chest pieces - are what makes the rest of the gear - specifically the trinkets - from Kara competitive against Mythic+, Mythic gear and as we go forward into the Nighthold.

If you want optional bosses that don't drop gear well they've got a new brawlers' guild coming out that'll be just your style.

Meanwhile, as I get somewhat where you're coming from in that Nightbane is basically going to be the Bronze Drake of Legion, considering how it actually includes a boss fight and one that you can't just entirely steamroll with gearscore at this time the fight deserves having more loot attached to it than just a job well done mount.
    Congrats that you made a constructive post, unlike your previous listing of your opinion on TBC Karazhan Bosses in order of subjective difficulty.

Wasn't my reading comprehension, it was you assuming I gave a shit which boss you thought was the hardest. Though you seem to have confused the words "I'm surprised he drops any loot at all" with "I want him to drop no loot", as I was merely comparing Nightbane to passed Timed Runs that never involved any true gear rewards, but mount rewards - kudos for guessing that Culling of Stratholme one though and not comprehending the rest.