10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    what nonsense ?!
    They're dead centered on Blizzard's radar. Yet they keep posting about coming back up. It's this kind of idiocy that makes them vulnerable to legal ramifications from Blizzard, even if they go to Russia. Other russian servers get no slack because they lay low, they don't make themselves a bastion of public retardation as the guys from nost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Russia is not the be all, end all of hosting safety. They can still get pulled down, they can still get into a lawsuit. It might take more time, but it still happens.
    thats what people say, im not a lawyer ...

"It's only a matter of hours now before the announcement of our plan for the #wowlegacy community... #Warcraft "

https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...94897695784964
    Unless this somehow has Blizzard's approval and is gonna be made "official", I can't see this as a good thing long term. Going against Blizzard's plans and whatever they had after the meeting is just plain dumb.

7+ Year Old Account
    i basically lost the last bits of respect i had left for them after their little "threat", how people like to call it, from a while ago.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i basically lost the last bits of respect i had left for them after their little "threat", how people like to call it, from a while ago.
    i really do not consider that a threat, but if you say so ...

These people think they are some big time company now... it's hilarious really.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

7+ Year Old Account
    i really do not consider that a threat, but if you say so ...
    me neither, hence why i said "how people like to call it".

Formerly known as Arafal

If you do not supply -and refuse to supply- the product... someone else will.

That has been true throughout history and isn't about to stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Russia is not the be all, end all of hosting safety. They can still get pulled down, they can still get into a lawsuit. It might take more time, but it still happens.
    Any supporting evidence? Like, you know, a case of a closed pirate server which "took more time but still happened"?

I think putin will back us up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    I think putin will back us up.
    if nost rushes b then he probably will.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Not if they host the server in russia
    Regardless of where you host a private server it will be closed down if it meets next criteria:
    1) it's popular outside of said country

You can host a private server literally anywhere, as soon as it gets a spotlight - it's going to be closed. There are multiple private servers in Russia and they are not going down simply because... well, the first rule...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Regardless of where you host a private server it will be closed down if it meets next criteria:

You can host a private server literally anywhere, as soon as it gets a spotlight - it's going to be closed. There are multiple private servers in Russia and they are not going down simply because... well, the first rule...
    How do you close the server in Russia? Suppose your criteria is met - it is popular outside of Russia. How do you close it? What do you do?

Deleted

as i said im not a lawyer and not trying to be, i saw a lot of people saying that is a high posibility, we will see whats gonna happen in a matter of hours.

They wrote something like "..honour their own core values, be sure that we will.". Now the Blizzcon is over and I ask myself, if there is an agreement with Blizz, that if there's nothing in Blizzcon, they may restart their own Server again with the blessing of Blizz? That would explain the possible will to restart Nostalrius. Without the ok from Blizzard, they may just getting in deep trouble and some people may call it stupid. But we'll see. Legion is the first expansion which I like again (except the PVP) since WOTLK and I would play both. Two different games...

Deleted
    It's funny seen people so scared about a announcement from a private servers, defending Blizzard (as a metaforic expression) and all of that.

I'm glad of the announcement from Nostalrius. I can say that i know what they are gonna say but people need to wait 4 more hours to the offical announcement from Nostalrius crew.

And now, back to my cave (with all my legacy friends who aparently we are no more than shit today)

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So spoiled children, just like I have been saying.
    Call it whatever you want. I doubt they could care less by what you call them

Just sayin', seems we didn't learn much with the Prohibition nor the War on Drugs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    How do you close the server in Russia? Suppose your criteria is met - it is popular outside of Russia. How do you close it? What do you do?
    Who do you care? It's usually organisations like "РАО" does this thing. They are very eager to get their hands on any sort of copyright infringement, even when its out of their jurisdiction, and run like a happy puppy to copyright owner saying "look at me i did good plz gief monies".

Our local (city-wide) server was closed back in 2009 exactly because of that - "РАО" charged ISP that had the server up (yes, it was an official private server backed by an ISP) for copyright infringement (note that it wasn't even blizzard, since blizzard didn't even knew about 300 pop server closed behind LAN), server got scrapped and "РАО" reported to blizzard that they did good - only to get something like "ok thanks bye" in reply.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-11-06 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What can they do? Blizzard can shut them down immediately.
    Servers will be hosted in the EU. Difficult to take down. Last time Nost suspended their operations willingly as an act of kindness. There are other private servers that have been up for 5 years giving Blizzard a big ol' four letter word in response to their cease and desist letters.

Can't wait for the Nost announcement, going to get on the server asap and enjoy myself.

Who do you care? It's usually organisations like "РАО" does this thing. They are very eager to get their hands on any sort of copyright infringement, even when its out of their jurisdiction, and run like a happy puppy to copyright owner saying "look at me i did good plz gief monies"
    It's not that I care, it's that it is infeasible to even try doing that. It just never happens other than by accident. The courts are busy doing other things so to speak. The org you are talking about does not see any money in dealing with such low-profile things (and if they ever do, the money are in keeping such things open, not in closing them).

- - - Updated - - -

Our local (city-wide) server was closed back in 2009 exactly because of that - "РАО" charged ISP that had the server up (yes, it was an official private server backed by an ISP) for copyright infringement (note that it wasn't even blizzard, since blizzard didn't even knew about 300 pop server closed behind LAN), server got scrapped and "РАО" reported to blizzard that they did good - only to get something like "ok thanks bye" in reply.
    They matured a bit since 2009.

That thing that you say got closed was almost certainly closed just as a result of them looking for something to do. Like I say, an accident. We are in 2016 now, times are different.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-11-06 at 05:23 PM.