10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what is the mental checklist when playing sc2 ?
    im bad at macro and keep forgetting things.

also what are the most macro-intensive commanders for all 3 races ?
    the least macro is nova so i rather avoid her for now not to get bad macro habits.
    For mental checklist guide, these videos are great (each split into multiple parts):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36B...0A8C8B0A2AE4AB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzhIjG39Haw

It is just a matter of practice; you will soon stop forgetting things, as they will become a part of your mental routine. Well, to an extent; I, for example, am still pretty terrible at spreading creep.

---

For macro-intensity, I'd say they all are comparable. In general, for improving macro, I would give the same recommendation to you as I give to everyone: play Monobattles! Since you only have 1 unit to make and it is hard to forget it, you can concentrate on other things, such as supply, making workers, expanding, scouting, building defenses... Training multiple different units comes naturally after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    For mental checklist guide, these videos are great (each split into multiple parts):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36B...0A8C8B0A2AE4AB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzhIjG39Haw

It is just a matter of practice; you will soon stop forgetting things, as they will become a part of your mental routine. Well, to an extent; I, for example, am still pretty terrible at spreading creep.

---

For macro-intensity, I'd say they all are comparable. In general, for improving macro, I would give the same recommendation to you as I give to everyone: play Monobattles! Since you only have 1 unit to make and it is hard to forget it, you can concentrate on other things, such as supply, making workers, expanding, scouting, building defenses... Training multiple different units comes naturally after that.
    from your avatar i assume u play zerg, but maybe u know what is the perfect number of barracks with raynor ? i find him quite macro focused and stimming with marines is a lot of fun, but i cant seem to balance marine/marauder vs medics ratio. it very often happens that my marines just die because i cant keep up with producing medics.

so how many barracks should i end up with on 2 bases ? and how many of them should have either tech labs or reactors ?

10+ Year Old Account
    from your avatar i assume u play zerg, but maybe u know what is the perfect number of barracks with raynor ? i find him quite macro focused and stimming with marines is a lot of fun, but i cant seem to balance marine/marauder vs medics ratio. it very often happens that my marines just die because i cant keep up with producing medics.

so how many barracks should i end up with on 2 bases ? and how many of them should have either tech labs or reactors ?
    I play all races, actually. I haven't played coop in a long time, so I doubt I can give any advice on that; and I didn't play Raynor much. I think usually you want the ratio of around 6 Marines : 2 Marauders : 1-2 Medics or so. In regular games, I usually have as many Barracks with reactors as with tech labs, and Marines are produced faster than Marauders, so that's the ratio I get.

For 2 bases, I cannot say it off the top of my head, but I would expect 8-10 Barracks total to me used.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized I bought this game when it came out, and never player more than till the 3rd story mission. Since Im Bronze-4-Life I haven't dared playing MP either
    Maybe I should attempt to finish it again come winter.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh i played two games in CO-OP as Nova, and is kinda easy. Ofc with mastery level 58. Units out of combat can heal themselves, which make them kinda invincible. Also speed attack damn son.

Seriously i feel, nerf hammer is coming for her.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Huh i played two games in CO-OP as Nova, and is kinda easy. Ofc with mastery level 58. Units out of combat can heal themselves, which make them kinda invincible. Also speed attack damn son.

Seriously i feel, nerf hammer is coming for her.
    She's amazing with a crap ton of mastery.

I don't have that and am just leveling her up slowly, and I honestly don't really like her as much. I get the whole "Everything is expensive" is an attractive mechanic, but I donno, its kind of antithetical to a RTS imo in the way that she works. Where you want to keep having something being created, rather than waiting for 1000 minerals to summon the banshees or marines or ravens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    She's amazing with a crap ton of mastery.

I don't have that and am just leveling her up slowly, and I honestly don't really like her as much. I get the whole "Everything is expensive" is an attractive mechanic, but I donno, its kind of antithetical to a RTS imo in the way that she works. Where you want to keep having something being created, rather than waiting for 1000 minerals to summon the banshees or marines or ravens.
    I played 3 missions on hard difficulty and damn. Goliaths after upgrades can stun flying mechanical enemies, and deal quickly with mutalisks. While ghosts can snipe most dangerous units such hybrids or something, marauders can slow them. Ravens kinda ftw because can summon drone what can heal everything. :P I instead of banshees i use Liberators, they are usefull with goliaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    dafuq is deepmind ? to me it looks like opportunity for superintelligent bots dominating ranked brackets in multiplayer, something ppl gonna pay for.

dafuq is deepmind ? to me it looks like opportunity for superintelligent bots dominating ranked brackets in multiplayer, something ppl gonna pay for.
    Deep Mind is Google's AI project. Guess they want to branch out testing!

I think if blizzard is going to allow bots basically in sc2, they need to allow them in their other games now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The point is - as it has always been with the Deep Mind project - to get a computer to LEARN how to play the game on its own. That's the real challenge here.
    the fuck do we care about this ? as players ?? did it srsly had to be shoved up in the opening ceremony, and having separate panel just about it today ?

and how do those warchests work cuz i didnt understand a shit. they contain cosmetics such as skins for which i both have to pay irl money and unluck via ranked ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Even without an actual AI, there are some pseudo-AI scripts that can be made in SC2 editor that make the currently existing AIs almost unbeatable. Look at this:

No human has 10,000 APM to even attempt to come close to this performance. Microing 50 Marines, each individually at the same time, is not something you can do anything against.

An actual AI would pick up these things pretty fast, so... Deep Mind having learnt Starcraft 2 will be unbeatable by a human player. It could even probably take on top players in a 1v2 match.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-11-05 at 05:40 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right, that's what I meant when I said that bots could already beat humans easily just due to the APM they can throw at people.

That's also why they're limiting the APM that Deep Mind can use, because it wouldn't have to "learn" all that much if it could just APM everyone out of the game.
    I could see a bot doing the same as a pro with half the APM. APM only stands for actions per minute. Not useful actions per minute

wat the fuck

since when did they release nova

last i heard alarak just barely came out

now alexei stukov is next?

hohoh boy
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    the fuck do we care about this ? as players ?? did it srsly had to be shoved up in the opening ceremony, and having separate panel just about it today ?

and how do those warchests work cuz i didnt understand a shit. they contain cosmetics such as skins for which i both have to pay irl money and unluck via ranked ???
    You technically don't, unless you're interested in the concepts of machine learning.

Google wants to make an AI that is able to make qualified decisions when acting upon imperfect information, and adapt to new situations on the fly the same way humans can do, that is, not knowing what all the variables are beforehand. A game like SC2 is a good testing environment for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Even without an actual AI, there are some pseudo-AI scripts that can be made in SC2 editor that make the currently existing AIs almost unbeatable. Look at this:

No human has 10,000 APM to even attempt to come close to this performance. Microing 50 Marines, each individually at the same time, is not something you can do anything against.

An actual AI would pick up these things pretty fast, so... Deep Mind having learnt Starcraft 2 will be unbeatable by a human player. It could even probably take on top players in a 1v2 match.
    This also shows that if in real life Adv AI takes control of any kind of Drone/Automatic army, we are doomed. Imagine such AI using Quantum computing to control tanks, planes, drones, satelites vs human army...gg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    This also shows that if in real life Adv AI takes control of any kind of Drone/Automatic army, we are doomed. Imagine such AI using Quantum computing to control tanks, planes, drones, satelites vs human army...gg.
    Skynet?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Skynet?
    Hitlerbot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, that's what I meant when I said that bots could already beat humans easily just due to the APM they can throw at people.

That's also why they're limiting the APM that Deep Mind can use, because it wouldn't have to "learn" all that much if it could just APM everyone out of the game.
    Hmm, to think of it... They can try to simulate a human player by introducing artificial reaction time, limiting APM, removing the ability of an AI to multitask through parallel processing. Then see how well this AI does. Maybe it could even teach professional players something?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    To be fair, by the time it becomes possible, I think wars will be waged by AIs, with humans sitting in bunkers and just overseeing the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the macro mental checklist when playing zerg ? i get really confused and mess things up. out of all 3 races zerg is the most unique due to larvae and centralized unit production.

both terran and protoss have few production buildings such as barracks (gateway), factory (robotic facility)and starport (stargate).
    3 different buildings from which i build 1 unit at a time. also separate building for workers. dont have to choose between workers and army so its simple.

terran mental checklist would be: CC - scvs, barracks - marines, factory - tanks, starport - medivacs.

what about zerg ? obviously queen larva inject (then i gotta wait a long time 40 sec doing nothing) and then 3 larvae pop at the same time (from 1 hatchery).
    if its 3 hatcheries thats 9 larvae at the same time. now gotta choose between more supply or workers or army.

so i have 2 issues.
    first is as for example terran i build units one by one, switching between multiple production facilities always producing workers and army.
    as zerg once larva injected i do nothing and once they pop up i get a lot of production at the same time.

second is its hard for me to choose between drones and army.

how do u zerg players do it ?