Just read the announcement from Nostalrius, sounds like their worst case scenario was true... Blizzard met with Nostalrius staff to head off the crisis, Blizzard made assurances and overtures to get the crisis under control, once the panic died down, Blizzard cut Nostalrius off, Nostalrius tried to force Blizzard's hand, Blizzard called their bluff, but left Nostalrius enough rope to hang themselves with.

But at least we have an outcome now, thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    Just read the announcement from Nostalrius, sounds like their worst case scenario was true... Blizzard met with Nostalrius staff to head off the crisis, Blizzard made assurances and overtures to get the crisis under control, once the panic died down, Blizzard cut Nostalrius off, Nostalrius tried to force Blizzard's hand, Blizzard called their bluff, but left Nostalrius enough rope to hang themselves with.

But at least we have an outcome now, thank god.
    An outcome that seems to have left the Nostalrius playerbase quite pissed if we go by their forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's break this down, shall we? Of course, I am ignoring all the petty ad-hominem and general insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    what the fuck do u know about me in real life?
    I never claimed to know anything about you.

who the fuck do you think you are to sit there and decide how low my iq is by what i post on a forum
    I haven't "decided" anything about your IQ.

my iq is way above average as a matter of a fact,
    Not according to how you present yourself in public, here.

all you do is sit and try ... insulting peoples intelligennce
    I haven't insulted you. In fact, I gave you way more credit than you are worth in my initial post, had you bothered to read.

And, a small tangential point, here: I don't live in an English-speaking country, but even my grammar is better than yours.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    An outcome that seems to have left the Nostalrius playerbase quite pissed if we go by their forums.
    I'm pretty disgusted with both sides of this whole thing if I can be perfectly honest. Nostalrius shouldn't have tried to strongarm Blizzard with that threat a few weeks back, and Blizzard should stop stringing along desperate people by not saying yes or no to legacy servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    Im from Romania and the lag is between 50-60 ms
    Quite good then.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    They have said no a million times.
    "We’ve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show."

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...9678358#post-1

===

Not a yes, not a no.

Deleted
    "Then, we tried to show our motivation to solve the issues from a different angle by working on mature proposals (studies, cost analysis, schedules, milestones, etc.), including a complete transfer of technology of our existing work, fixing the few remaining issues we had, official Battle.Net integration on Legacy to enhance community driven strategy and other more complex IT topics, all of this on a volunteer basis."

Im so dissapointed to be honest. In the end it was what i thought, just a PR STUNT. Dont know if i have hope for an official Legacy Server ...

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    the Legacy community will have to assume there will not be an official Blizzard release of Legacy WoW - possibly for very long time. "

Damn, the hope is dead
    Yea, pretty sad. Especially considering their Blizzcon answer to remaking/remastering Warcraft 1/2 on the 25th Anniversary panel, which was something along the lines of: "We have all the original code and assets but it's old and it isn't good/fun anymore. We have limited resources and would rather work on new content for current games or on new games... at this time"

Deleted
    I don't get all the hate of some players towards Legacy servers in this topic.
    I mean is it that crazy that some people prefer slower paced gameplay with sociable people over fast paced gameplay with little to no interaction amongst players?
    There is nothing Blizzard can do to fix that. Unless they remove dungeonfinder from the current Legion game, so people have to make an effort to accomplish anything. The kind of friends one was able to make during vanilla, it just doesn't happen in the current game.
    I don't feel at home between this young generation of gamers. I started gaming 20 years ago, and my first mmo 9 years ago. I still like to play wow the way I played it 8 years ago. Which is not possible, the game is not the same, the community is not the same. I don't mind adapting but the current community and way of playing, is not what I consider an improvement, so I rather don't adapt to that. In stead I search a community that takes their time to level, help each other out, talk to each other. I mean on legacy servers, the world channel sometimes scrolls faster than I can follow, people put together their own groups for all sorts of content, dungeons, tribute runs, elites,... You need to interact with players for many things you want to do, therefor alone people are just more polite. Sure there is an occasional troll but nothing in comparison to the Legion servers. On Live, so many players don't feel the need to behave, they can make enemies all they want and still the queue system will find them new groups over and over. If you behave like that on a Legacy server, you're screwed.
    So I don't get the hate. I don't hate the Legion servers, or the people on it, I understand they want different things, many people on live servers would really hate the Legacy experience. That's ok.
    I also don't think I should find a new game to play, I play wow since vanilla, I didn't change, the game did.

It's been no for 14 years. If and when they decide to do legacy servers that will be your yes.
    I think I'm starting to understand the request for moderators in here, I'm being trolled in plain English.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm mocking Nost because 3 times they hyped shit up and I'm mocking the fans because up until now they were beyond loyal and now everyone is going at Nost like rabid dogs.
    "Everyone" is pretty inclusive, don't you think?

Honestly, while Nost might be at fault too, it was the people who started saying they would re-open (when they never said that) that really got everyone super hyped, all they said was there would be an announcement after Blizzcon. People get easily hyped when they are enthusiastic about something. Imo they did the best they can without risking being thrown into court and losing all they have just in court expenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    This is easy. Ready?

No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    Free.
    With subscription.
    Well, those are your answers. Are those the answers from every pro-Legacy supporter? Better yet, are those the answers from the Blizzard group? According to the way you answered the second-to-last question, I imagine those answers don't exactly line up with Blizzard's.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    I'm pretty disgusted with both sides of this whole thing if I can be perfectly honest. Nostalrius shouldn't have tried to strongarm Blizzard with that threat a few weeks back, and Blizzard should stop stringing along desperate people by not saying yes or no to legacy servers.
    They said no, many times.

Then people spam them further, again and again. Then they say ''we like the idea'' to stop the madness from going on further, and some people took it as a yes.

Now I assume the unofficial stance at Blizzard is back to no, but saying it outright would just enrage the vanilla people even further. So they just let Nost torpedo themselves with threats and hilariously bad ''announcements''.

Blizzard never really wanted legacy servers. I thought people would get the hint given that even at the live game's very bottom (WoD), they didn't say yes. At some point, I think it's less Blizzard stringing some people along, than those same people still dreaming after an entire orchestra tried to wake them up. With Wagner.

Besides, now that Nost decides to release a source code that's not really theirs to begin with, I'd assume any good will Blizzard could possibly have towards them is dead and gone, and with how much Blizz seems to focus on Legion, diverting ressources to purely official Legacy servers seems like a complete no-go to me. So the dream will remain that, a dream.

Deleted
    It's been no for 14 years. If and when they decide to do legacy servers that will be your yes.
    14 years? So before doing the game they know that is gonna happen and say not already?

FUCKING FUTUROLOGIST!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Nostalrius II has already launched a few hours ago under a new name. FYI fans.

Use google.

Hint: Check on Alex.
    Oh god, this is awesome news. Maybe everyone can now fuck off to their forums and this thread can be finally closed.
    And then we're back to the normal monthly "hey come play our pserver"-advertisement race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    If you do not supply -and refuse to supply- the product... someone else will.

That has been true throughout history and isn't about to stop now.
    Except the 'product' is not theirs to supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Well, those are your answers. Are those the answers from every pro-Legacy supporter? Better yet, are those the answers from the Blizzard group? According to the way you answered the second-to-last question, I imagine those answers don't exactly line up with Blizzard's.
    If it isn't 1:1 then there's no point to doing it at all.

The problem is that Blizzard would have to devote resources to it such as bug fixers, Customer service reps, GMS, buying new servers/broadband data, coders etc. Blizzard probably doesn't see the upside for doing all these things when the main playerbase of nostalrius probably played it because it was free.

Also, would people enjoy having to pay an additional sub fee on top of the 15 dollars a month to play old content that won't be getting any updates ever?? I am not so sure in the long run.

15+ Year Old Account
    That twitter is hilarious

'BRAND MATTERS, RENAME SERVER NOSTRALIUS'

'FUCK -SERVER NAME-, ITS SHIT, REOPEN NOSTRALIUS'

Maaan this is gonna be exciting to watch.

**Edited for redundancy.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Deleted
    On the announce that Nost make today, there's also a part where they talk about that they were communicating with Blizzard and giving data and also making economical problems and stuff, but the more important, LOOKING the Battlenet implement of the game.

So over...5 months now, Nost crew "work" on this proyect and seems like Blizzard just ignore them afther the meeting.

If that's the case is kinda sad, cause old Blizzard never do that. And i'm talking Blizzard as old since 2009.