Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Nah, the market you are referring to are the tens of millions who played the game, enjoyed it, and left after it became hot trash. Why turn down all of that money?
    You can confirm 10 million people would come back if they made Legacy? I extremely doubt that. A sizeable amount maybe but seriously stop overestimating beyond reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    If Blizzard did Legacy then they would deserve my sub because they'd actually be following through on their actions. But instead they pulled a bullshit PR stunt and now they'll pay the price for it and rightfully so.
    "Following through on their actions"

...at what point did any of their actions indicate Legacy was something they were going to follow through on? You're upset with them for not doing something they never said they would. You can happily freeload off them on a private realm, I'd never argue against your right to do so; but using shitty logic like, "I didn't get what I want so fuck 'em," is precisely the reason Blizzard hasn't already bent over backwards to make Legacy a reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    LoL so is basically a come back of Nostalrius on a different team.

Now that the dust settled down i think the Nostalrius people will be happy for sure.
    some of the nostalrius team are now in Elysium and most of the volunteers are there 2. Now the only problem is that it seems they didnt decide if they will name the new server Nostalrius. They should. Nostalrius is a movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    some of the nostalrius team are now in Elysium and most of the volunteers are there 2. Now the only problem is that it seems they didnt decide if they will name the new server Nostalrius. They should. Nostalrius is a movement.
    Elstalrius. Combine the two names!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    lol, good luck, im gonna laugh my ass off when blizz shuts them down.
    It will be interesting to see how Blizzard react. I am not so sure they will be so quick to shut them, it is possible that the server is hosted in a country that does little to enforce foreign copyright claims as well as the risk that any action taken against the server/Nost team will incite unrest, which they've been trying to avoid, amongst their customers/fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    Good luck to Blizzard, if they shut down AGAIN the same problem, community is not stupid and the snow ball is just gonna be more big and big and big and big. If they don't want to do legacy, is stupid closing these servers that are taking the pressure AWAY from you and you can be on board just on retail.
    May I have all the money you have in the bank that you're not corrently using or aren't willing to donate to other people?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Elstalrius. Combine the two names!
    Oh, god. the best idea... but seriously now. Nostalrius is now a BRAND if you want to admit it or not.

What amuses me the most on the Valk's forum post is that they "celebrate" vanilla using a post-Cataclysm picture, considering we can see Malfurion wide awake with Tyrande in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    They respond 30 minutes ago from IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...king-seriously

They're still talking about PRISTINE SERVERS, something that nobody wants even on his oficial forums, plus they're talking still about nostalgia. They don't get it. I don't think they're stupid but they acting like stupids on this.
    It's you who don't get it. They won't do Legacy servers. That much has been crystal clear from every single action and every single announcement Blizzard made so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MetzenPlease View Post
    Thank god... I had already quit retail and was waiting for either legacy or Nost to come back. This'll do quite nicely. Still, hopefully Blizzard wakes up and releases legacy servers... I'd gladly pay for it
    i keep telling you people.
    setting up an official blizzard classic server would take more than a few months.
    Buy servers to host it.
    hiring people to run it.
    hiring GMs to police it.
    creating the code to put it on the servers.
    creating the ability to launch it from the battle.net launcher.

and in the end it has to make a profit. meaning initial cost and a separate sub fee.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Blizzard react. I am not so sure they will be so quick to shut them, it is possible that the server is hosted in a country that does little to enforce foreign copyright claims as well as the risk that any action taken against the server/Nost team will incite unrest, which they've been trying to avoid, amongst their customers/fans.
    Elysium's host is apparently the same as Nost's was. Elysium simply ignores the C&Ds Blizzard sends them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You can confirm 10 million people would come back if they made Legacy? I extremely doubt that. A sizeable amount maybe but seriously stop overestimating beyond reality.
    We already know tens... possibly hundreds of millions have played and moved on. Would they *all* come back? Of course not. Would many players be interested in going back to when they found the game to be fun? I can't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Sure you don't.
    I expect a lot of posters taking turns shitting on Legacy 24/7 to suddenly "take the high road" now
    We were always on the "high road" by, y'know, choosing not to turn a blind eye to crime just because it benefits us. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion Hazzikostas
    Speaking with IGN, World of Warcraft game director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed "it's still something that we're discussing internally," but the hold up has been "more of a 'can we, should we, how would we, how do do we?' And where does that lead to in the end?"

"There's no question it's something we want to do," said Hazzikostas. "I am a 2004 World of Warcraft player myself. Tons of us came to work at Blizzard because we fell in love with that version of World of Warcraft. And we met with the Nostalrius developers on our campus over the summer and were really impressed by the passion they had for the game and what they're trying to do to recreate what they see as a lost experience. Obviously there's always the question of doing it in a Blizzard way, in a way that lives up to Blizzard standards as integrated with our other projects."
    I would like to respond to Ion as a member of the Nostalrius community:

Hey Ion, I believe that Blizzard, following their denial to make any Legacy-related announcement at Blizzcon, has pretty much lost all credibility in our eyes.

I think that it is quite clear at this stage, especially in view of the Viper@Nostalrius announcement posted today at Nostalrius forums, that Blizzard merely wanted to buy time when they promised us Legacy servers in the summer. We do not believe that you guys are serious when you say you want to do legacy servers.

I believe that your statements constantly relegating Legacy Servers ad calendae Romanorum is just PR damage control and you make them so that you won't anger many of your fans like it happened with the J. Allen Brack fiasco after you shut down Nostalrius I.

Sorry, but we no longer buy any of your lies. The ball is in our ballpark now, and we intend to play.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

I would like to respond to Ion as a member of the Nostalrius community:

Hey Ion, I believe that Blizzard, following their denial to make any Legacy-related announcement at Blizzcon, has pretty much lost all credibility in our eyes.

I think that it is quite clear at this stage, especially in view of Viper@Nostalrius announcement posted today at Nostalrius forums, that Blizzard merely wanted to buy time when they promised us Legacy servers in the summer. We do not believe that you guys are serious when you say you want to do legacy servers.

I believe that your statements constantly relegating Legacy Servers ad calendae Romanorum is just PR damage control and you make them so that you won't anger many of your fans like it happened with the J. Allen Brack fiasco after you shut down Nostalrius I.

Sorry, but we no longer buy any of your lies. The ball is in our ballpark now, and we intend to play.
    They didn't promise you shit. Get over yourself seriously. Also "our eyes" please you don't speak for the pro legacy community at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I haven't seen much reasoning from anti-legacy crowd either, most of the posts consisted of "Nost staff are criminals, lel'
    It's a fact. They are criminals. What's so 'unreasonable' about it?

Well I mean it only makes sense for nost to be the ones to do the mercy killing by passing the torch I suppose. So thanks to them for putting it out of our misery I guess.

I would say RIP but I don't want it to rest in peace, it deserves worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

I think that it is quite clear at this stage, especially in view of the Viper@Nostalrius announcement posted today at Nostalrius forums, that Blizzard merely wanted to buy time when they promised us Legacy servers in the summer. We do not believe that you guys are serious when you say you want to do legacy servers.

what? they never promised you anything.
    stop talking non sense.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    We already know tens... possibly hundreds of millions have played and moved on. Would they *all* come back? Of course not. Would many players be interested in going back to when they found the game to be fun? I can't see why not.
    This might shock and surprise you, but maybe... just maybe, some of those tens and hundreds of millions of ex-WoW players simply moved the fuck on with their lives? MMO's aren't exactly the kind of game you can play on your iPhone during a lunch break. They require a lot of fucking time investment. And when you go out in that weird thing most people call "reality," begin working a full time job, marry and have children, a video game which requires 20-40 hours a week of time investment just to stay relevant doesn't seem quite as appealing as it was when you were a college kid with nothing but free time on your hands.

I won't disagree that there is likely something of a demographic for Legacy but it's impossible for anybody to know whether most of these people would be willing to pay for such a service, and moreso whether the endeavor itself would be worth the development time further on down the road after the initial hype surrounding it dies down.

Lol, bunch of fuckin babies

1 more fuck you to Blizzard, sounds like a nice way to get any and all future possible talks between Blizzard and these fucktards cut off, not to mention painting targets on other private servers backs...that is the work of some brilliant people

It's like, who do you believe in this scenario, a multi-billion dollar company that has ran/made many successful games over it's life, a company that knows who plays their games, who knows what makes money and what probably doesn't, what takes away from current games and what doesn't or some guys who steal shit, who don't run a multi-billion dollar company and by their own admission had a going away party for what? 19000 people when their shit got shutdown? give me a break

Edit, I mean jesus christ people all you have to do is look at the current game to figure out how big of a disaster legacy would be, yeah people would play it (nothing even remotely close to the current game) but they added mythic only dungeons, slightly hard dungeons then 1 1/2 months later they announce heroic (less harder dungeons) versions of these mythic dungeons as well as heroic versions of dungeons in the future rather then mythic, they know who plays their games, they know what doesn't fly anymore...it is so simple

There are almost heirlooms for every single slot now days, obviously leveling is a chore, they know
    There are fucking boosts, they know
    RAF, they know
    Last edited by tylenol; 2016-11-06 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    what? when the fuck did they promise you anything?
    stop talking non sense.
    Seriously do these people not realise posting nonsense like that hurts the pro legacy side even more?