10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Blizzard merely wanted to buy time when they promised us Legacy servers in the summer.
    They never, EVER, promised you any such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    They never, EVER, promised you any such thing.
    Like I said this actually hurts the pro Legacy crowd more when people post misinformation. To what you quoted of course not what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Nah, the market you are referring to are the tens of millions who played the game, enjoyed it, and left after it became hot trash. Why turn down all of that money?
    Please, don't be daft and don't try to speak for everyone, because to imply that every single one of those "tens of millions" left for the exact same reason is, at the very best, disingenuous, and at worst, retardedly asinine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I would like to respond to Ion as a member of the Nostalrius community:

Hey Ion, I believe that Blizzard, following their denial to make any Legacy-related announcement at Blizzcon, has pretty much lost all credibility in our eyes.
    Looking past the obvious "I'm talking to imaginary Ion"-angle... I think you'll have hard time arguing that the people playing on a server that clearly infringes on Blizzards IP felt like Blizzard's credibility was sky high to begin with.

I don't think anything has changed in that matter.

We already know tens... possibly hundreds of millions have played and moved on. Would they *all* come back? Of course not. Would many players be interested in going back to when they found the game to be fun? I can't see why not.
    prove it. thats all you have to do.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I don't know how they don't expect this to end without cease and desist letters from lawyers and, if ignored, a legal case going in any sort of way their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I don't know how they don't expect this to end without cease and desist letters from lawyers and, if ignored, a legal case going in any sort of way their way.
    elysium apparently has been ignoring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    People think going to like Russia will solve their problems but they have treaties with counties (like the US) for this exact thing

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    elysium apparently has been ignoring them.
    They said they will probably ignore a C&D letter which means they haven't gotten one yet but they just had a target painted on their backs so....yeah well see
    Last edited by tylenol; 2016-11-06 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This might shock and surprise you, but maybe... just maybe, some of those tens and hundreds of millions of ex-WoW players simply moved the fuck on with their lives? MMO's aren't exactly the kind of game you can play on your iPhone during a lunch break. They require a lot of fucking time investment. And when you go out in that weird thing most people call "reality," begin working a full time job, marry and have children, a video game which requires 20-40 hours a week of time investment just to stay relevant doesn't seem quite as appealing as it was when you were a college kid with nothing but free time on your hands.

I won't disagree that there is likely something of a demographic for Legacy but it's impossible for anybody to know whether most of these people would be willing to pay for such a service, and moreso whether the endeavor itself would be worth the development time further on down the road after the initial hype surrounding it dies down.
    The game was equally time consuming back then, arguably more so since many people did not know as much, yet people still had "free time" and were able to play. Of course I don't know the exact number but I can imagine if millions had fun playing it back then, it's rather silly to brush it off and assume that it would not be successful. Plus WoW was one of those games where you could advance your character simply by leveling, learning new recipes, knocking out a few quests, doing a dungeon or two, you didn't have to be a hard core raider back then either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Please, don't be daft and don't try to speak for everyone, because to imply that every single one of those "tens of millions" left for the exact same reason is, at the very best, disingenuous, and at worst, retardedly asinine.
    Almost as dumb as you assuming I meant every single person would come back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    prove it. thats all you have to do.
    I guess we will find out once Nost is back lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    They said they will probably ignore a C&D letter which means they haven't gotten one yet
    ignoring it just means blizzard can take a higher action against them.

- - - Updated - - -

so in other words you cant prove it. got it.

The game was equally time consuming back then, arguably more so since many people did not know as much, yet people still had "free time" and were able to play. Of course I don't know the exact number but I can imagine if millions had fun playing it back then, it's rather silly to brush it off and assume that it would not be successful. Plus WoW was one of those games where you could advance your character simply by leveling, learning new recipes, knocking out a few quests, doing a dungeon or two, you didn't have to be a hard core raider back then either.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost as dumb as you assuming I meant every single person would come back?

- - - Updated - - -

You'll find out when they return then get shutdown a while later and only 19000 people show up for the going away party in the game...like last time

SUCH DEMAND!

Edit, and don't give me that 800k bullshit, those are characters, also don't give me the 150k number either, you had to have logged in in the last 10 days to be considered active? I've been away for 8 days and haven't logged into Legion so despite being inactive as shit, I'd be counted as active...well I also pay a subscription (unlike those on private server so)
    Last edited by tylenol; 2016-11-06 at 09:06 PM.

Just wanna state something here:

Didn't the Nostaurius team meet with Blizzard heads and WoW devs sometime ago? Going to Blizzard HQ, same as any other big company, when getting in, you must register yourself, ID, SSN, and other documentation, its protocol. So basically, Blizzard has all the data about the Nostaurius team that lives in the US, names, numbers, phones, etc.

IF, (and they will) the team reopen Nostaurius back in the next few days in Russia or whatever country, I seriously can't wait for Blizzard entire team of lawyers go running to the closest US court start a nice urgent copyright violation case on those guys. The pirate server will be pulled ASAP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    None of that retarded shit felplague said should ever be considered but all the missing meta-data predating 1.12 still means it can never truly be a legacy server, just like no pserver has ever been even remotely accurate, for the same reason.
    so adding more graveyards, making corpse walks no longer take 15 minutes is retarded shit?
    adding acheivements
    both are harmless to the game but would make it much more engaging for most
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    You'll find out when they return then get shutdown a while later and only 19000 people show up for the going away party in the game...like last time

SUCH DEMAND!

Edit, and don't give me that 800k bullshit, those are characters, also don't give me the 150k number either, you had to have logged in in the last 10 days to be considered active? I've been away for 8 days and haven't logged into Legion so despite being inactive as shit, I'd be counted as active...well I also pay a subscription (unlike those on private server so)
    okey, but can you at least understand that some people like vanilla or TBC ? the subject here is not what is the best xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Looking past the obvious "I'm talking to imaginary Ion"-angle... I think you'll have hard time arguing that the people playing on a server that clearly infringes on Blizzards IP felt like Blizzard's credibility was sky high to begin with.

I don't think anything has changed in that matter.
    Yeah, and vice versa. I'm pretty sure Blizzard doesn't want anything to do with Nost and its like now, if they ever did anyway.

Oh sure, they pay lip service to the issue like in that IGN article, but to me that's clear Blizzard speak for ''we think not, but we're not gonna say it outright so you don't bother us too much'', even throwing out the Pristine Server idea just to showcase how little they actually (IMO) care.

At this point, and until the game starts to seriously die, we have about as much chances of seeing official legacy servers as we have of getting the Dance Studio.

SUCH DEMAND!

BUT BUT BUT they have nearly 300k signatures!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lmarcelus View Post

Didn't the Nostaurius team meet with Blizzard heads and WoW devs sometime ago? Going to Blizzard HQ, same as any other big company, when getting in, you must register yourself, ID, SSN, and other documentation, its protocol. So basically, Blizzard has all the data about the Nostaurius team that lives in the US, names, numbers, phones, etc.

IF, (and they will) the team reopen Nostaurius back in the next few days in Russia or whatever country, I seriously can't wait for Blizzard entire team of lawyers go running to the closest US court start a nice urgent copyright violation case on those guys. The pirate server will be pulled ASAP.
    Just one problem in that scenario... many of them are French.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarcelus View Post

Elysium had C&D letters before. its been running for 6 years ... the host is the same (OVH), wikileaks uses this host too. For now it looks like Elysium is untouchable

7+ Year Old Account
    my concern is, i am fine with legacy servers, i would actuallty like to play them just to inroduce my freinds to what wow used to be

but if nost goes through wit hthis, they may hurt our chances, i dont think blizz will be happy that they flew the nost team over, dident put them in jail, and now got stabbed in the back, for not having legacy servers done and operational in 4 months...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Just one problem in that scenario... many of them are French.
    Blizzard has all the data about the Nostaurius team that lives in the US
    Enough the cause some serious damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    Elysium had C&D letters before. its been running for 6 years ... the host is the same (OVH), wikileaks uses this host too. For now it looks like Elysium is untouchable
    Bet you that Blizzard don't have a clue about this one devs and owners. They do about Nostaurius, and there are US residents on the they, they will go down first.