Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah but there isn't any real "lore" pertinent to the character's families. It's hard to make the writing "bad" if there's no real established lore or character for them to go against.
    Sure there is, you just relate to bad writing to anything but already established lore. It's plenty easy to criticize a relationship for having no place in a video game without having to say it's unrealistic for the character to be involved in a relationship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Pro tip: 99% of all overwatch players (i.e the ones who don't read forums and online lore about the game they play) won't even know about this. Its for people who want the information. As for people pretending its the quality of the writing they have a problem with ("Uh I don't care that they're gay, I just think, uh, its.... pandering! Yeah, pandering, thats it!") if you're looking for A+ writing in the lore of your FPS computer game, you might care to pick up a book instead sometime.
    LBGT love is human love.
    People criticize the writing of everything. I don't see why homosexuality should be exempt when it can be written poorly as well. As for criticizing what someone does with their time, who is anyone to say what is worth spending ones time doing or what's not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    That they bothered to make a point of it in a QnA shows quite clearly that this is diversity for the sake of diversity. It'll be ham-fisted in as a check mark on a list of "Things to do to appease SJWs", right below Tracer's pose.
    "Diversity for the sake of diversity" . . . WTF does that even mean? OH NOES!!! It's Diversity!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

Jack Robinson being the first African American to play baseball was a big deal because it was white only. Obama (whether you agree with him or not) becoming the first African American president was a big deal because it's been all white guys. Hillary Clinton being the first woman major party nominee (no I'm not voting for her or Trump) is a big deal because it's been all men.

It's a big deal when people who have been crapped on historically break through barriers. And historically there's always been some bitter element of the privileged folks like you who run around crying that letting other people have some nice things too suddenly breaks the world.

7 Billion people on this planet bro, they don't all think like you. Stop throwing a temper tantrum that others get their time to shine too.
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    I don't play Overwatch and after seeing this I'm glad I don't. Pushing LGBT agenda into every aspect of our society is just gonna degrade it further. This shows how much Blizzard is infested by SJW propaganda just like another company that used to create great games...what was the name of it?...Oh yeah, it's Bioware.
    The only way to be at bioware level would be to turn Ana homosexual with widowmaker and just not give any reason as to why. Bioware sadly has done good homo and bad homo character, but than again their entire games are filled with good and bad character, so i guess it fits. The only reason the bad gay character hurts the most is that the lazyness of it just screams: Quota was set to 2 gays, we didnt have a choice. How else would it explain that one male on male romance is actually touching and the other is well, its just a guy telling you he likes you now? Not years earlier, just now. Well bang ok.

If the effort had been put in to explain why years of wait, i mean jezz why would an homosexual wait before telling someone else his feeling?, cant have a nice story about it. It could have been one of the best romance they ever made. They went the lazy route. Could have been worse they didnt turn garrus and tali gay, god knows the forum were flooded for that lol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-11-06 at 11:15 PM.

I don't really care a character or another is homosexual (although I'm sure the shippers would go crawling up the walls either way), but I'm really not looking forward to Blizzard's writing of a LGBT story. They're really terrible at including different characters without making them look like poorly-done tokens.

Case in point? Lúcio. He's supposed to be a Brazilian character, and they did pretty well with some of the superficial details (his name having a "ú" in it is nearly unheard of outside of Brazil), he's still a Rio de Janeiro stereotype. Read: the most common stereotype for a Brazilian. Besides his total and complete lack of accent and lines in Portuguese (which is explained by him being originally envisioned as being Canadian), they could have gone for any number of other stereotypes. Or, hell, make him a pardo (mixed race) instead, since that's a much larger demographic group in Brazil than black (most people here have some african blood in them, me included). You never see an industrious pardo lady from São Paulo, or a trippy long-haired New Age white guy from Brasília.

Blizzard usually takes the easiest, most cliché'd path when creating characters. It rarely lends itself to good stories.

But hey, they might hit this one out of the park. We'll have to wait and see.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    I don't play Overwatch and after seeing this I'm glad I don't. Pushing LGBT agenda into every aspect of our society is just gonna degrade it further. This shows how much Blizzard is infested by SJW propaganda just like another company that used to create great games...what was the name of it?...Oh yeah, it's Bioware.
    "Anything that deviates from my worldview is evil, and I am so self important that only my stories should be told". Yeah, got it. Let us know how that works out for you.
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    "Diversity for the sake of diversity" . . . WTF does that even mean? OH NOES!!! It's Diversity!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

It's a big deal when people who have been crapped on historically break through barriers. And historically there's always been some bitter element of the privileged folks like you who run around crying that letting other people have some nice things too suddenly breaks the world.

7 Billion people on this planet bro, they don't all think like you. Stop throwing a temper tantrum that others get their time to shine too.
    Yes, but this is a piece of writing and LGBT characters, like any characters, can be written poorly. People (in this case, the one you posted) appear to be more concerned that the topic will feel forced and not well written as the subject itself commonly stands out in the context it's implanted in. I do not understand why you're trying to devalue what appears to be a logical argument by associating hatred for an entire group of people with a hatred for bad writing.

Do you not see how stupid it may look to a passerby to see you accusing that poster of hatred and associating the writing of a video game which is a product people purchase with societal shifts? They are entirely unrelated as the context is quality of writing, not hatred for change. All I see is you trying to demonize the poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

LGBT sucks. Why do these people think they're so interesting? They really, really, really, really, terribly definitely aren't.

It's most likely a female lesbian/bisexual character. I seriously doubt Blizzard would put a gay/bi male character in any of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    Sounds like another case of "Diversity for the sake of diversity"
    Only if you are not the one being represented for a change. Otherwise it's a deeply appreciated example that your group exists and is not marginalized in Blizzard's real world.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

lore in a fps game. I dont care either way, but it seems like people care way to much about something irreverent

Given Blizzard can only write archetypes and not characters (Lucio being a grab-bag of black stereotypes, for example), it's obviously going to be Zarya and Tracer.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    inb4 Genji/Zenyatta sexy robo boy love.

Well wait do omnics have genders?
    Did you just assume Zenyatta's gender?

OT: I am not at all surprised. This game has been "LETS MAKE EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER AS DIFFERENT AND WACKY AS POSSIBLE" and its been working. I look forward to who ever they choose. Although I still accept the sarcastic Blizzard post about Mercy and Roadhog as canon

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Given Blizzard can only write archetypes and not characters (Lucio being a grab-bag of black stereotypes, for example), it's obviously going to be Zarya and Tracer.
    It needs to be reaper and mccree man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    Why does it have to be a LGBT story? Why can't it be a "story"? You know, like all the stories we've been getting so far. This is starting to remind me of stoners that can only identify by their Marijuana smoking hobby or Vegans with their "moral" diet choices. Why do games have social fucking agendas and shit now? I thought pretty much everyone in civilized countries are accepting of LGBT people in today's age.
    You would literally make the same complaint if they just said love story, and upon release it was gay AF.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Did you just assume Zenyatta's gender?

OT: I am not at all surprised. This game has been "LETS MAKE EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER AS DIFFERENT AND WACKY AS POSSIBLE" and its been working. I look forward to who ever they choose. Although I still accept the sarcastic Blizzard post about Mercy and Roadhog as canon
    BS, everyone knows Mercy only fly one way and its with Pharah.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 bucks on Lucio.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmaqq View Post
    lore in a fps game. I dont care either way, but it seems like people care way to much about something irreverent
    One without a storymode too.

then who smart guy, who would be the person he values over explosives? name it, in game he frequently references killing all his teammates to blow up the capture points. He might be gay for the capture points, as there is no person hes not willing to kill to save it. I mean, really think about it. If we was in love, gay or straight, there would be a person he wouldn't want to kill but there isn't. ALL MUST DIE TO SAVE THE POINT. and look you immediately dismiss him being a-sexual. thats biased and discrimination. you're asexualphobic

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Anti Egyptian women agenda. Mercy wouldnt touch roadhog with butt end of her staff. Pharah can easily fit the first 10 inch of that staff. The truth will prevail.