Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Lol the destruction of the legions command and sargeras certainly DOES mean its te end of the burning Legion
    it didnt mean the end when he was dead and kil'jaedan was in control of it back in tbc. demons gonna demon.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    becaues after the established lore everything is watered down and drags it through the mud and irrelevency
    WoD story was watered down as well and 5 million played it. In the worst case they can put out several such expansions and still hold a million+ subs which will give them plenty of money to still make profit.

I understand that you might be negatively effected by WoW in your life and are angry for whatever reason, but you should try taking care of your real problems instead of hiding from them by getting angry about irrelevant stuff

7+ Year Old Account
    becaues after the established lore everything is watered down and drags it through the mud and irrelevency

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much my point. I'm glad your a good sport about it. I enjoyed the post friend.
    i was going to get art of jaina and sylvanas kissing but i couldent find any that was well.... just.... that.... o-o
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I doubt that, specially after Ion. We are going to Argus to chop the head off.
    the legion by very nature is like hydra.

demons will NEVER stop spawning in the twisting nether, mortals will never stop being corrupted.

cut one head off another simply sprouts in its place.

true killing sargeras would severely damage the legion but were talking about an army that spans multiple planets and is constantly growing.

its not like the scourge where the majority of their forces are locked to one continent. this is entire planets worth of demons were talking about.

if star wars has taught anyone anything its that the empire never really falls. it just gets shifted around with a new name.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Team View Post
    No company is dumb enough to just say "Okay welp, we've used our main villains time to pack it up! It was great while it lasted thanks for the money idiots! CYA!"

Seriously OP? If it was a console game perhaps but an MMO like WoW?
    I wouldn't take it serious. It seems anaxie is anxious to see wow end. We can only speculate about this persons motivation.

But it matters greatly to the developers and always has. Its the foundation for everone of their games. Even an FPS like Overwatch.
    What matters even more is $$$. They will do whatever it takes to keep people playing, Even if that one day a expansion hits that tells you it was all a dream.

I mean fuck Everquest is still pumping out expansions and telling new story's. WoW will do the same for many years to go.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    CDprojectRED has already retired the Witcher series with its final story in the trilogy . Their words. So i mean you're wrong
    The Witcher is a single player rpg series that's heavily story focused. WoW is a persistant online multiplayer game where people mainly do dungeons, raid, pvp, level new characters etc.

What's the point of shutting down WoW while its still profitable and has a sizeable player base (still over a million)? Surely they can continue to pull stuff out of their ass if comic books have done it. Massively multiplayer games like WoW and Overwatch should really just end when they are no longer profitable for the company and make them lose money. Just pulling the switch because "Well guys, we killed everyone, no one left. Cya " is stupid. WoW isn't a tv or comic book series, its a game and 90% of the people play for the pvp, dungeons, raiding etc. WoW's story mainly exists as a vehicle to move you to the next raid/dungeon patch, its like how both Warhammer tabletop games had this extensive lore with tons of characters but it mainly serves as a backdrop to the game for the people who care but some just like playing the game or painting the miniatures for the hell of it.

Actually, Game's Workshop did do something quite stupid you might approve of, OP. They ended Warhammer Fantasy for lore reasons (was called End Times actually), stopped selling the rulebooks and supporting the game and instead gave people this new game (Age of Sigmar) that the vast majority hate. It was a really shitty thing to do because lots of people loved Warhammer Fantasy way more than 40k but GW was basically forcing people to switch to 40k or start playing their shitty new WHF replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    I wouldn't take it serious. It seems anaxie is anxious to see wow end. We can only speculate about this persons motivation.
    Most likely either trolling or wants some form of validation from being right very, very badly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think he/she is bored tonight and wants some amicable banter in the community. Which we are supplying
    Hehe, I had the word 'attention seeker' in my mind the whole time. But didn't want to be rude

Deleted
    Warcrafts story will end probably 1 - 2 expansions after Legion where we destroy Kil'jaeden and Sargeras and Explode Argus Destroying the Burning Legion

In the aftermath of the next expansion the Death of Azshara, N'zoth, Zul , and the confrontation of the void lords the entire cast of Warcrafts Villans and locations on the planet will be spent.

There are no new locations of Azeroth the Chronicle does not show it and the Chronicle is the definitive bible to the World and history of Azeroth.

You can CLAIM they will milk it out with random villans.

but if they were going to milk it out the Emerald Nightmare and Argus wouldn't but tucked in the same expansion we are in right now would it? Nevermind with the Class halls Legion effectively wrapped up many long hanging story threads and mysterious locations such as Watcher Tyr/ and the Dark Riders of Karazhan / The Scythe of Elune / Shards of Frostmourn

Accept the inevitable that Warcrafts story will end on a high note with huge momentum in the Final battle against the Void lords instead of decaying into irrelevency with villans no one cares about and an entirely filler story.
    Ehh are we forgetting about how Blizzard pulled an entire expansion out of their ass out of nothing.

And no, it's not warlords of Draenor.

Mists of Pandaria. Mists of Pandaria was based on 1 named Panda that had a short cameo in WC3, and they built and entire expansion around it...

Argus is just 1 of many dozens, hundreds, thousands (millions??) of legion worlds... Destroying it makes no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People said it would end with WOTLK, as if the story is somehow finite.

As long as people keep playing, they'll keep making the game. Also, piss on all these threads where usually the same few people present purely subjective (and often moronic) speculation with click-bait methods.
    A lot of people have attempted to kill wow, or attempted to believe the game is dying, or dead based on any aspect of the game: Sub counts, old blizzard employees leaving the game, stock prices, lore, red shirt guy.. the lore will go on forever, blizzard can bring in whatever they want to keep the game going. Do I forsee the game ending: yes, but it won't be until probably around the 20th anniversary of WoW when the 20 year olds who started the game are all 40, with kids, debt, probably dead for not working out enough etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Argus is just 1 of many dozens, hundreds, thousands (millions??) of legion worlds... Destroying it makes no difference.
    Umm..wat?

It's the command center, where the leader is located and the culmination of the legion story line. Blizz has already said this, multiple times. If it made no difference we wouldn't be going there just for the hell of it.

The legion threat is over after this x-pac.
    Last edited by Hexian; 2016-11-06 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    exactly. even if the "legion" ends it will return 2 - 4 expansions from now. maybe it will have a fancy new name, maybe we'll even get multiple legions.

maybe sargeras long lost grandson will come out of the dark to reclaim his glory.

sylo gren leader of the fel order

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Umm..wat?

It's the commander center, where the leader is located and the culmination of the legion story line. Blizz has already said this, multiple times. If it made no difference we wouldn't be going there just for the hell of it.

The legion threat is over after this x-pac.
    yeah a multiple planet spanning army made up of beings that are constantly spawning and fucking and corrupting shit is gonna go away with just one planet because we punched their dad.

guess what. that succubus will just get some other poor bloke to give her child support.

10+ Year Old Account
    People insisting the game can only survive on pre-existing lore and the universe's history. LUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    exactly. even if the "legion" ends it will return 2 - 4 expansions from now. maybe it will have a fancy new name, maybe we'll even get multiple legions.

maybe sargeras long lost grandson will come out of the dark to reclaim his glory.

sylo gren leader of the fel order

- - - Updated - - -

yeah a multiple planet spanning army made up of beings that are constantly spawning and fucking and corrupting shit is gonna go away with just one planet because we punched their dad.

guess what. that succubus will just get some other poor bloke to give her child support.
    You don't really grasp the whole "cut the head of the snake off" concept when it comes to baddies, do you? All those demons weren't a threat until Sargeras united them all. Taking out the entire command structure (which are also the most powerful of the bunch) completely destroys the ability of the legion to organize and fight.

Did you listen to Ion's speech during Blizzcon. We are going to Argus to END THE LEGION.

You don't really grasp the whole "cut the head of the snake off" concept when it comes to baddies, do you? All those demons weren't a threat until Sargeras united them all.
    yes they were. the nathrezim already had their own empire that spanned multiple planets. the technology to communicate across worlds isnt going to just uninvent themselves. are we going to kill the leader of every single demonic race in the legion?

is blowing up argus going to somehow destroy the ability for mo'arg to call the nathrezim on their holo phones? is blowing up argus going to prevent aranasi from flying a spaceship to hangout with some incubi? will blowing up argus prevent imps from collecting their prized cup collections?

no it wont.

if luke skywalker couldnt bring peace to the galaxy. if anduin fuckin wrynn is still at war 50 years from now how in the hell do you think killing sargeras will end the legion?

if we even do? have you ever took into consideration the fact that we might lose? whos to say we dont go to argus and while our backs are turned some lizard window lickin lookin mother fucker dont come round and try to fuck us in the arse while we arent looking fucking us over? how do we know legion doesnt end like some tentacle hentai and were the schoolgirl and everything turns to shit?

Deleted
    So Warcraft 4 soon then yeh?

Also MoP was original content and the story in MoP was decent.

Very simple mo' planet's mo' problem's = story's forever.

You don't really grasp the whole "cut the head of the snake off" concept when it comes to baddies, do you? All those demons weren't a threat until Sargeras united them all. Taking out the entire command structure (which are also the most powerful of the bunch) completely destroys the ability of the legion to organize and fight.

Did you listen to Ion's speech during Blizzcon. We are going to Argus to END THE LEGION.
    Try to end the burning legion. We dont know what will happen. Ion only said that we are going there, and they were being very ambitious about it, while not being able to say anything about what happens because it would spoil 7.2.

I hope we get Hogger Timewalk raids soon