Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    So you have no clue what you are typing. You just post things and then forget and don't have any clue how its portrayed.
    I think the only one who has no clue about what I am typing is you. You appear to have annoying habit of replying to a post with unrelated or irrelevant points and them blaming others your inability to communicate effectively.

The person I replied to wrote that people would leave if there were no content updates, I pointed out that despite many content updates people had still left the game. Nothing I wrote has anything to do with sub numbers in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    unlike a legacy server, once you are done with the content on retail your wait for the next content patch and continue
    legacy servers wont have such a thing.
    once you are done with everything you will get bored into infinity.
    there are some options for legacy servers.

- roll out patches in almost real time (like from 2005-2006) and then a long time after naxx40, launch tbc on another server... and you could copy your lvl60 to the tbc server at any time you feel ready. then the same patch-rollout over months/years for tbc

- seasons when everything starts at lvl1 again and guilds compete who would be the first to clear naxx40 (for example). maybe with some rewards ppl could show off after the season is over.

just look at the diablo(2lod): some gamers can do the same shit over and over and over again.
    Last edited by Donner; 2016-11-06 at 11:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    no u

not every1 u
    yes, "every1"

i have not met a single person who would not get bored doing the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again and that for as long as the stuff persists.

people complain about a 12 month content drought, now imagine a content drought of several years, if such a server would hold even up that long.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Yea, it will snowball more and more and then Blizzard will bring down the hammer and not just force these servers down but sue the people hosting them into obblivion so their grand grand grand children can still pay.
    I have heard that the new Russian host of Nostalrius II has had six (6) C&D letters from Blizzard over the past 12 years that they have been running a WoW private server.

I also heard that they used said letters to wipe their asses.

So yeah, let's see Blizzard "bring down the hammer". Do your worst, man. Also, make sure to sue them. They have ran out of toilet paper.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with that?
    The issue I personally have with that plan is that, ever since this legacy shenannigans started, people spewed left and right saying retail suffers from huge content draughts or poor content, while in onld wow they'd last more time without new content because it was harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I said for some people that would be enough, not for the majority though.
    Nobody's forcing "the majority" to play it.
    What's your problem?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody's forcing "the majority" to play it.
    What's your problem?
    if the majority doesnt like it then it isnt worth doing.
    it wouldnt be profitable enough.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Legacy servers hosted by Blizzard would take time, time that would be taken away from Legion development. Or they could hire a full new team to manage an old game (which equals paying people they shouldn't have to pay)

Private servers are illegal. This is a fact. Nostalrius is not some movement, fighting for you! THE ONES THAT MISS THE GLOOOORY days. They are an egotistical group of fucking assholes who wouldn't be on the map at all if they didn't jump on a high horse thinking they are some massive company now because of their amazing 10k average players. Once they got all the attention, they just continued this non existent "controversy"

Look at Blizzcon 2016, the Legion panel was loaded with people who love the live game. And not a single person gave a shit when someone shouted "LEGACY SERVERS"

This whole topic is meaningless at this point, just a bunch of shitposters shitting on people for shitposting

If you like the idea of legacy servers, great.

If you think blizzard OWES you ANYTHING because of the "nostalrius" movement... Get over yourself

If you think the WHOLE of the vanilla playerbase hates retail WoW and wants the terrible storytelling, mediocre pve content, broken pvp content back. Than get over yourself.

The pro legacy "movement" Is a minority that knows how to scream at the top of their lungs.

Please, quit with the constant entitlement, the constant shitting on blizzard because YOU no longer enjoy the game, and please, quit speaking for anyone other than yourselves when it comes to "how bad EVERYONE" wants vanilla back

Thank you, and enjoy Elsyium. I hope for your enjoyment it doesn't get shut down.
    So ryanmaffe, the issue you are struggling with here in trying to convey your argument is that it is filled with hypocrisies. Saying shit like not a single person gave a shit when someone shouted legacy, the topic is meaningless, the pro legacy movement is a minority, the nostalrius team are a bunch of egotistical assholes and following it up with "please, quit speaking for anyone other than yourself" is really hurting any stabs at logic here.

You also make a bunch of assumptions, as is apparently the norm here, talking about how much creating a legacy server would hurt the developement of the main game and how many members it would take to create/maintain a game created over 10 years ago. If you have any kind of hard evidence or sources mate, please come forward and I would happily resend my critism.

As it stands right now man, your post is largely just an angry rant to be laughed at and not taken seriously. There are points against having a legacy server man, you can do better. Think out your argument a little more before you post and try to have a bit more of a constructive conversation. Fight the norm man, be a rational thinking human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, finally might be able to log on my old warlock from Nost if the database transfer is successful.
    Feel sorry for all those people who deleted their characters or sold their gear before the realm closed..... better hope the snapshot they took for the database was before the shutdown announcement.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilkarik View Post
    You're right but you're wrong mate. (Also side note; assuming you know everything and have nothing to learn/realize is a horrible stance to have in life.) The quest based gating, while technically gating, wasn't the gating in vanilla WoW. The gear and power of your raid was. Gear was super hard to get back in vanilla. Bosses sometimes dropping 2/3 epics for 40 people is ridiculously low. The entire raid needing shadowflame resistance cloaks made from Onyxia's hide to do Nefarian. Needing sets of frost/fire/nature resist gear to do certain bosses. Having to farm up 10 different kind of consumables to be able to be ready for raids. These (and others I left out) were the real gating of vanilla mate.

Game was hard as nails and you had to really fight to beat it. That's the point and what a lot of people miss. Game was made to challenge hard core players. I want to do this shit
    Please do not lecture me about "knowing everything" then follow it up with a bunch of bullshit presumptions on your part. You enjoyed the artificial gating. I'm glad. I'm glad you got to be part of the elite few players who ever even saw endgame content in TBC/Vanilla. I'm happy that you have fond memories of it. But the fact is that WoW would never had seen the success it did in WotLK had Blizzard maintained the same philosophy. Your personal rose-tinted recollections of Vanilla WoW may be shared among players who desire Legacy realms but when you make the incorrect broad assumption that this is something "most" people want back in the current game, it disservices your entire argument.

All games have a fixed amount of content.
    Even retail WoW will at some point be "done".

So why is it so difficult to understand that for some Vanilla WoW is enough?
    WoW's "end" is nowhere in sight. We don't know what is coming, but we know things are coming. New things. For Vanilla? Everything about the game has been threaded over and over. There's nothing new. It is already "ended".

Deleted
    i have not met a single person
    u should meet more peeps

7+ Year Old Account
    u should meet more peeps
    i know more than enough people.
    thanks.

Formerly known as Arafal

yes, "every1"

i have not met a single person who would not get bored doing the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again and that for as long as the stuff persists.

people complain about a 12 month content drought, now imagine a content drought of several years, if such a server would hold even up that long.
    Seems people like to ignore the rational posts on here and just focus on the idiots. If it helps your view on the game, think of it as a console game. It's a really good game with a lot of love that ends. Sad, but you can play it for a really long time and walk away with stories and memories. Shadow of the Collosus is a game that ends and it is FUCKING AMAZING. It would suck and pull away from the message if they continued to keep adding and adding and adding more bosses.

It is ok, and in my opinion amazing, that you can beat vanilla wow and be done in contrast to modern day wow.

It is something I want

Sigh........

New question. Why do you think Blizzard would go to all of the work to make legacy servers if only a small amount of people would play and stay subbed? Do you think they want to lose money?
    I doubt it's that costly. Look at Elysium, with an amateur team they'll do it in a month.

I bet they'd get a few hundred thousand extra subs.

Gearing in Vanilla takes months, not a lot of people would rather play on a private that could get closed at any moment rather than retail, even with a sub attached.

If I were Blizzard I'd open up legacy servers and then start a relentless crusade against all Vanilla servers. Wait 5 months for people to work hard on their characters, then C&D the shit out of them. That way they'd be forced to come back. Or they'd just stop playing, I guess.

Deleted
    Do you think they want to lose money?
    You only think they would, but they wouldn't.

if the majority doesnt like it then it isnt worth doing.
    it wouldnt be profitable enough.
    The Majority don't raid mythic. I don't think Blizzard completely share your view if you look back over the last 10 years of WoW. I think they've made it clear they like variety. They've also made it clear that if they could just "flick a switch" and get Vanilla up and running they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I have heard that the new Russian host of Nostalrius II has had six (6) C&D letters from Blizzard over the past 12 years that they have been running a WoW private server.

I also heard that they used said letters to wipe their asses.

So yeah, let's see Blizzard "bring down the hammer". Do your worst, man. Also, make sure to sue them. They have ran out of toilet paper.
    I also heard they have a horrible server. But then I'm just judging from what the nost forums are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    ...Nost would have surely had "rewritten" the ignition by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me no one really asked for that. Please. I get it, for the friends list, not the game, nevermind.
    issue is with offline mode is lets say your on the game offline mode, and your freind gets on and /whos you or sees you out in the world, then tries to whisper you and it says offline
    you have just /ignored your freind.... their not going to be your freind for long
    if you dont want people bothering you put your setting to do not disturb, people rather see you "hey im not in the mood to talk right now" then "hey im gunna hide from you so you dont know im on, so you dont talk to me"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    WoW's "end" is nowhere in sight.
    You like the dangling carrot, and that's fine.

Some like the knowledge they can reach it.