Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As who knows how many people have already said, you keep the appearance of the articaft weapon if you've played Legion when it was current content. So you're only loosing the traits, unless Blizzard decide to keep some of them for post-Legion content.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatali View Post
    And then, the Void Lords suddenly become an imminent threat for reasons yet unknown, forcing Sargeras to ally himself with the guys who put up one helluva fight.
    Could be that an Old God woke up a World Soul for the Void Lords. When he heard that this was the goal of the Void Lords, he was hopeless. What else could possibly put him in the mindset of choosing to work with us, other than the beginning of the end; A corrupt World Soul?

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    My problem isnt that they will get old because we will have higher ilvl Items, I feel like its just stupid that they will be removed, they could just let it stay with us.
    its as stupid as removing legendary weapons from old expacks just because we are over the pack.

whats the problem with just letting them stay with players, and even letting new players get theirs.
    It's exactly the same as taking the powers of the Dragon Aspects away. Plot device, changing roles, placing importance in other, newer characters/items, etc.

You get to keep the appearance, and that's all that matters anyway, right? You're just going to Transmog the appearance you like.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wellll more of a recent thing but mostly I mean some new idea they test out and ditch random skills buffs in wow? Gone

Artifact bonuses quite possibly gone next expansion

Legendary questions? Removed

I am sure others but I am honestly exhausted so I cannot recall them all..Also bc vanilla and wrath are pre gimmick probably cata for the most part
    they will prob use the artifact bonuses in the next expansion
    legendary quest chains? gues you havent heared of the balance of power

there is tons of "gimicks" that they added, and are still in the game, just reworked
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'll repeat myself fro ma different thraed, but the point stand and applies here aswell:
    So they are saying artifacts are going away after Failegion, and they are going to explain why and how.
    Do we give up our Ashbringer? Do we lose it? Do we pass it onto someone?
    How can one give up the fething Ashbringer?
    With Tirion it was at least understandable - he was dying and passed it unto us.
    But we won't die. So we won't pass it up out of free will. One can conclude then, that there will be no more Ashbringer, as in both sword and person.

Actually, what the feth? Why do we gain the Highlord title at the end of class hall?
    The one who wields the Ashbringer is also called the Ashbringer, it's even stated in the sword lore.

Oh I know, it would be too much if a hassle and actual work regarding lore or spec affinity making different titles for different specs.
    I'm no Highlord for sure. I'm not some general or a commander.
    I'm the Ashbringer. I purge the unclean. I leave only ash in my wake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they will prob use the artifact bonuses in the next expansion
    legendary quest chains? gues you havent heared of the balance of power

there is tons of "gimicks" that they added, and are still in the game, just reworked
    .....you miss the point they removed content for what is now basically useless gear.

Blizz has a habit of removing things and/or remaking things and overexperimenting.

I sometimes feel like they change things just to change them in some weird version of rule of cool.

I really hope they'll let us unlock appearances after Legion ends, so long as we had the equivalently-sourced appearance on any other character (or just unlock them all account-wide, except maybe the upcoming 'spec skill' ones). Completely locking out the ability to do any of those on alts after the expansion ends would be a huge disappointment, considering just how much investment into a character many of them will require and there now being 12 classes and 36 specializations of artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I think it will work like any now-unobtainable legendary items (Mists cloak, Draenor ring). You can keep the actual item and put into the bank but characters made after 8.0 won't be able to start the artifact quests.
    There will be 10 levels of content, so there needs to be something there.
    Might be the base artifacts only with eased requirements, and no earning of any appearances.
    Might be heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    I really hope they'll let us unlock appearances after Legion ends, so long as we had the equivalently-sourced appearance on any other character (or just unlock them all account-wide, except maybe the upcoming 'spec skill' ones). Completely locking out the ability to do any of those on alts after the expansion ends would be a huge disappointment, considering just how much investment into a character many of them will require and there now being 12 classes and 36 specializations of artifacts.
    That effort is trivialised beyond the expansion, so earning them afterwards is going to mean very little.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    .....you miss the point they removed content for what is now basically useless gear.

Blizz has a habit of removing things and/or remaking things and overexperimenting.

I sometimes feel like they change things just to change them in some weird version of rule of cool.
    omfg, when a expansion ends... our gear from the last expansion is no longer the best gear?
    HOLY SHIT
    contact mmo champ wowhead, icy viens, EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No offense, but they said months ago that Artifacts were a Legion thing that wouldn't carry over to whatever comes next.

I agree completely that it sucks, though.
    What part sucks about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There will be 10 levels of content, so there needs to be something there.
    Might be the base artifacts only with eased requirements, and no earning of any appearances.
    Might be heirlooms.
    It's really not that hard to add a quest for a basic set of weapons (1H, 2H, Shield, Bow, Warglaive - Intellect/Agility/Strength variant) that scale from 100-110.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    It's really not that hard to add a quest for a basic set of weapons (1H, 2H, Shield, Bow, Warglaive - Intellect/Agility/Strength variant) that scale from 100-110.
    As I said, heirlooms are a possibility.
    And would certainly remove a lot of the need for fiddling with the progression.
    A fixed item level weapon would not feel nice going through 10 levels without an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I honestly can't see what could replace the ashbringer besides the ability to make our own weapon. Making up some lore about some ancient alien race of paladins with a cool axe just ain't good enough.

Oh and if we just 'give' our artifacts away I'll be so pissed. I keep hearing people say Arator will get the Ashbringer because we'll pass it to him. I say fuck that. Only way I'll give him Ashbringer is if I'm shoving it through his half-breed gut.

Deleted
    Yeah, they will come up with a decent reason why will they have to be given up, I believe that. But they will, once again, fail to explain why a random green from a quest reward will be much more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I'll repeat myself fro ma different thraed, but the point stand and applies here aswell:
    So they are saying artifacts are going away after Failegion, and they are going to explain why and how.
    Do we give up our Ashbringer? Do we lose it? Do we pass it onto someone?
    How can one give up the fething Ashbringer?
    With Tirion it was at least understandable - he was dying and passed it unto us.
    But we won't die. So we won't pass it up out of free will. One can conclude then, that there will be no more Ashbringer, as in both sword and person.

Actually, what the feth? Why do we gain the Highlord title at the end of class hall?
    The one who wields the Ashbringer is also called the Ashbringer, it's even stated in the sword lore.

Oh I know, it would be too much if a hassle and actual work regarding lore or spec affinity making different titles for different specs.
    I'm no Highlord for sure. I'm not some general or a commander.
    I'm the Ashbringer. I purge the unclean. I leave only ash in my wake.
    I think there will be a fight between a Paladin and a DK, Dk will bully us, kick our butts and take away our ashbringer.

On a serious note :P does any1 know if we can xmog ashbringer to Paladins only? Or can we xmog ashringer for different classes like DK or Warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    omfg, when a expansion ends... our gear from the last expansion is no longer the best gear?
    HOLY SHIT
    contact mmo champ wowhead, icy viens, EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW THIS!
    ...you...you are joking right? Like are you REALLY this obtuse?

I am not talking about gear but quest chains story stuff thing that played big roles in the expansions...

Like seriously why even remove the legendary questions? At all.. Reduce or remove rewards sure but complete removal of content is really dumb.

Due to the random skill thing being dropped their are alot of blank spaces leveling.

They removed old dungeons to replace them with new versions(why not leave the old but have new as heroics?)

Yes we replace gear no fucking shit I do not think I ever even implied that is what I meant.

Other features other things have been things thay woukd have been optional content to fill in droughts and have fun outside of min maxing and raiding/regular dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    ...you...you are joking right? Like are you REALLY this obtuse?

I am not talking about gear but quest chains story stuff thing that played big roles in the expansions...

Like seriously why even remove the legendary questions? At all.. Reduce or remove rewards sure but complete removal of content is really dumb.

Due to the random skill thing being dropped their are alot of blank spaces leveling.

They removed old dungeons to replace them with new versions(why not leave the old but have new as heroics?)

Yes we replace gear no fucking shit I do not think I ever even implied that is what I meant.

Other features other things have been things thay woukd have been optional content to fill in droughts and have fun outside of min maxing and raiding/regular dungeons.
    because the content is small, takes weeks to unlock, has no challenge, and people can simply google it if they want the lore

Deleted
    Yeah I've kinda grown fond of my talking Shadow Priest dagger even though the skins sort of suck.

Don't have the same connection with my Blood DK Mace and Vengeance DH Fist Weapons.

welp guess its gonna be back to shield and one hand for holy after this

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Somehow I can't believe it.

Even if we DO go to Argus this expansion, and if we do more than just slap Sargeras across the face, if we bring an end to the invasions or if we actually Kill or wound Sargeras so grievously that he can't go after Azeroth anymore...well, the Legion is still the Legion. Endless, vast, pissy and a convenient enemy for evergreen expansion content. Without Sargeras' command, they'll just go nuts, right? Everywhere and anywhere at full force? There will be "residual legion incursions" for a long-ass time since there are just so MANY members, right?

As I typed that, I remembered the Void Lords. I haven't read Chronicles yet, but could they be the new big bads if we manage to bear down Sargeras and end the legion invasions on Azeroth once and for all?
    Well we are going to Argus this expansion, we probably will beat Sargeras which is why our weapons go away, and then yeah we have N'zoth and Azshara to kill which will most likely be the next expansion (look at Iylg... whatever's whispers. He mentions that the five keys will unlock their way and the lord of ravens will turn the key aka Khadgar and the pillars of creation) and then Void Lords

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I honestly can't see what could replace the ashbringer besides the ability to make our own weapon. Making up some lore about some ancient alien race of paladins with a cool axe just ain't good enough.

Oh and if we just 'give' our artifacts away I'll be so pissed. I keep hearing people say Arator will get the Ashbringer because we'll pass it to him. I say fuck that. Only way I'll give him Ashbringer is if I'm shoving it through his half-breed gut.
    The weapons will most likely become unusable. We won't be giving them away.

because the content is small, takes weeks to unlock, has no challenge, and people can simply google it if they want the lore
    Why fucking play the game at all then?

Sound reasoning.