Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is no one talking about this?

The fact that Legion is gaining popularity instead of losing it?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...n-its-history/

"In more detailed statistical news, the overall number is up 25% quarter-over-quarter and 50% year-over-year, with Legion growing WoW's monthly active user numbers by 30% quarter-over-quarter."

Reminder that the numbers for Q2 were released on August 4, roughly when everyone already preordered Legion and their numbers were "tracking in-line with the previous expansion" meaning they had about 10 million at the time. Now, that means Legion's popularity is around the same as Wrath's popularity.

This is huge. By the end of the expansion, Legion might be the best one to date.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

inb4 people justifying it for their own ends and personal agendas
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

no, because it's not in the front page yet.

I think we need to see where subscriber levels stand after the second quarter of Legion before we declare its success a complete blow out. At the very least, it does seem to be a profound improvement over WoD.

Makes sense. They have loads of content coming for people who don't raid or pvp, it's awesome. They're really doing a good job with improving the overall world. Not only that but we have two content patches coming and they both contain a ton of shit to do for pretty much everyone. Raiders, PvPers, and even people who don't do either have shit to look forward to.

They have a lot for everyone this expac, it's really enjoyable. I was bored with WoD around now, meanwhile here I'm still having fun and doing things and even then 7.1.5 is coming out soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait so?wow subs is up 25% or 30%? which 1?????

- - - Updated - - -

10000000+30%=10300000
    it's a slow increase but surprising since every expansion has had 30% decreases over first year
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Don't worry. The autists will be here soon to try and twist this somehow in to WoW only has 20,000 players left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

10000000+30%=10300000
    it's a slow increase but surprising since every expansion has had 30% decreases over first year
    30% of 10,000,000 is 3,000,000. Try again. Nothing slow about it.

Only one month of Legion is included in the report so it is unsurprising that activity, during the new expansion rush, is up quarter over quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think people are going to continue their subs as long as Ion's team can keep up the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Reminder that the numbers for Q2 were released on August 4, roughly when everyone already preordered Legion and their numbers were "tracking in-line with the previous expansion" meaning they had about 10 million at the time. Now, that means Legion's popularity is around the same as Wrath's popularity.
    Yeah, no.

They would have said that specifically if it was so but they only mentioned that Hearthstone had record quarterly MAUs. Also you seem to assume that at the end of WoD there were almost 8 million subscribers since according to Blizz their MAUs for Legion grew 30% quarter-by-quarter. Not to mention the fact that if that was the case, Blizz would be shoving it into our faces 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Lol, this is textbook misleading statistics. Half finished and bolstered to shit.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

10000000+30%=10300000
    nice math...
    (by your calculation this is right)
    100+30%=103
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it matters if you're not working with blizzard

42m active monthly users;

20m to Overwatch...

I'd imagine a massive portion is hearthstone as well.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

10000000+30%=10300000
    10.000.000*0.30=3.000.000
    10.000.000*1.30=13.000.000 or that your brain can comprehend it: 10.000.000+3.000.000=13.000.000

skipped math lessons?

30% of 100 is 30.
    not 3
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-11-07 at 01:45 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

"Preorders were tracking in line with previous expansions." That doesn't mean what you think it means. That just means players bought the expansion in roughly the same numbers as before. If 3 million players bought the previous expansions at release, then roughly the same number bought Legion. That doesn't mean 3 million players (or however many) returned and subs were back up to 10 million. That just means the players who tend to buy expansions first are likely still playing the game while those who buy it later will trickle in later ... if they do at all. If 3 million players bought MoP when subs were 10 million, 3 million bought WoD when subs were 8 million, and 3 million bought Legion when subs were 5 million, the number of expansions sold is still the same. That number is meaningless.

There's also clues that the subs aren't as high as they appear. Blizzard activated CRZ in Broken Shore when they stated it would only be enabled in low level content when it was first implemented. Why do this now if player numbers are supposedly on the rise?

Blizzard also said they intend to do more connected realms (finally). This suggests realm population isn't that healthy, either.

That foreign article that said subs were back to 10 million is also suspicious. Why state that in only one country? You'd think Blizzard would be releasing it everywhere if it were true. The numbers between when that interview was done and now could have very well dropped sharply, too.

I very much doubt sub numbers are over 8 millions let alone 10 million. And I wouldn't be surprised if sub numbers are dropping. They might not be dropping as rapidly as WoD, but I'm sure they are. What's probably saving the numbers right now is the sub token which many probably bought months of so it'll be a while before their sub runs out.

The fact that Blizzard announced not only patch 7.1.5 but also 7.2 at Blizzcon suggests they're trying to boost faith in a faltering player base as well. Why do that if the game numbers are healthy? Blizzard could have focused on other things related to Legion like the Nighthold raid but instead they chose to announce in progress content several months out that we likely won't see until this time next year. Then they finally announced flying would be back in 7.2 and that 7.2 wasn't the final patch this time.

Things aren't what they appear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    "Preorders were tracking in line with previous expansions." That doesn't mean what you think it means. That just means players bought the expansion in roughly the same numbers as before. If 3 million players bought the previous expansions at release, then roughly the same number bought Legion. That doesn't mean 3 million players (or however many) returned and subs were back up to 10 million. That just means the players who tend to buy expansions first are likely still playing the game while those who buy it later will trickle in later ... if they do at all. If 3 million players bought MoP when subs were 10 million, 3 million bought WoD when subs were 8 million, and 3 million bought Legion when subs were 5 million, the number of expansions sold is still the same. That number is meaningless.

There's also clues that the subs aren't as high as they appear. Blizzard activated CRZ in Broken Shore when they stated it would only be enabled in low level content when it was first implemented. Why do this now if player numbers are supposedly on the rise?

Blizzard also said they intend to do more connected realms (finally). This suggests realm population isn't that healthy, either.

That foreign article that said subs were back to 10 million is also suspicious. Why state that in only one country? You'd think Blizzard would be releasing it everywhere if it were true. The numbers between when that interview was done and now could have very well dropped sharply, too.

I very much doubt sub numbers are over 8 millions let alone 10 million. And I wouldn't be surprised if sub numbers are dropping. They might not be dropping as rapidly as WoD, but I'm sure they are. What's probably saving the numbers right now is the sub token which many probably bought months of so it'll be a while before their sub runs out.

The fact that Blizzard announced not only patch 7.1.5 but also 7.2 at Blizzcon suggests they're trying to boost faith in a faltering player base as well. Why do that if the game numbers are healthy? Blizzard could have focused on other things related to Legion like the Nighthold raid but instead they chose to announce in progress content several months out that we likely won't see until this time next year. Then they finally announced flying would be back in 7.2 and that 7.2 wasn't the final patch this time.

Here, I made you a tinfoil hat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post

You'd probably be saying the same kind of shit if they did the opposite like they did with WoD.

You can't have it both ways and spin your tinfoil-hat BS regardless of whether they pump out content or give us nothing. Makes you look biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Don't worry. The autists will be here soon to try and twist this somehow in to WoW only has 20,000 players left.

- - - Updated - - -

30% of 10,000,000 is 3,000,000. Try again. Nothing slow about it.
    nevermind i read the percentage calculator website incorrectly
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Two of my friends just quit so the game is dying