Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lore wise warlcks were never really did much metamorphing, we only got it cause bc had passed and they knew there would be no demon hunter class for awhile, metamorph is and allways was a demonhunter spell
    Lore-wise, Kanrethad developed Dark Apotheosis as an altered version of Metamorphosis, making both of them some of the most lore-entrenched spells in the game.

also btw warlocks have TONS to do with the undead... the burning legion use the curse of undeath, warlocks use soul magic all the time, hell the orignal death knights who helped raise armies of undead was orc warlocks put into the bodies of the dead, warlocks made death knights, and death knights got alot of their abilities from their warlock makers, i guess you forgot about guldan raising an undead mannaroth?
    Curse of Undeath is not remotely Warlock-ish. Just because something is used by demons doesn't make it a Warlock thing. Hell, not all demons are Warlocks to begin with. And NPCs usually overlap specs and Classes alike. There's a reason why no Warlock other than Gul'dan created any Death Knights and Necrolytes are not uncommon among both Legion and the Old Horde. Using souls isn't necessarily undead related either. For Warlock magic souls are generally fuel, not something to be resurrected as an undead.

and updated and upgraded a mount that hasent really been touched since vanilla, isnt new and fun? idk i am happy, ive been begging for with our other demons being upgraded for our mounts to, and also be able to fly it well also able to cross water
    For it to remain untouched since vanilla it would have had to be (and indeed has been) introduced in vanilla. So yes, that doesn't indeed scream "new", exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Which is a really effin' stupid complaint because lots of those class mounts are new/original.
    Selective lack of originality is still lack of originality.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Shaman ride an elemental with a floating disc.
    Traditional mounting methods need not apply.
    Some disc or other contraption that isn't necessarily directly attached to the mount itself would work for a demon mount too. The disc of the elemental mount is most likely a part of the binding mechanism (and it has a lot of bindings, more than the usual bracers). That's not unusual to commanding demons and other Warlock minions either.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    While I agree with Infernal on account of it already being an ingame mount, doomguard I disagree with. They created an entirely new mounting model for the new elemental mount for shamans, and it wouldn't take that much work at all to have us ride on the back/head/shoulder or even in the hand of a doomguard. It's easily doable with a bit of creativity.
    I can already imagine a dismounting animation in which it grabs the Warlock and throws them to the ground.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-11-06 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Dreadsteed has scales, Felsteed does not, the new mount does not. It's Felsteel based given on the traits of the mount itself. Armor is not an actual part of the Dreadsteed species.

It's almost as if demons and wings was a common mix. Also, Beholders and Observers can fly without them (I think there was even a Beholder mount datamined at some point that hasn't been used yet).
    no there was no beholder mount it was the beholder from throne of thunder, and people thoug hthe thing on his back looked like a stable

but i have said in my other posts that the only thing i could see us riding would be something like the last boss of return to karazhan

issue is the other demons that can fly are used, and the only one that isnt is humanoid, unable to be a mount

but yeah i guess its more of a felsteed then dreadsteed, why i said its a dreadsteed is that is has the same horns in the exact same locations

ise with doing the doomguard, if we were to sit in its hands... HOW FUCKING HUGE WOULD IT HAVE TO BE!? way too big, it would also look very stiff and akward, and even if they put on a disc over it, that would look even more weird

the shaman one is abit weird to me as its like "so why is the air elemental there? your on a flying disc.... with just a elemental under you... there is no point for it to be there other then to be cool"

the warlock version would look so akward, just imagine seeing a doomguard running around... then 5 feet over it is a warlock on a disc

also there is no dismounting animations in the game, so sorry : /
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-11-06 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

yeah, thats why a doomguard wouldent work :P imagine having it hunched over and weird looking, cause flying on its back would work... but once it lands... then what? your behind it and gunna fall off
    Or make it a Terrorguard and have us "run" inside its stomach maw. The Warlock can even be hidden while mounted, no need for saddles or other contraptions, the model doesn't have to be altered all that much. All it needs is some mount doodads and a visual upgrade for the model since Terrorguards haven't been upgraded when Doomguards were from what I recall.

and how would that fly...?
    Iunno, maybe the same way you think the mount we've been given will fly? I.e. just run through air?

and this thing looks like its agile and magical enough to fly with its feet?
    when corehounds fly
    Because, obviously, horses that fly without wings are totes legit while Void Hounds break suspension of disbelief. "Consistency".
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...Dreadsteed.jpg

I think whats more disappointing is that the new mount looks like it may lack some of the features that the old dreadsteed had on its head like the extra horns and the goatee that made the dreadsteed look more demonic.. The old model has a baphomet shaped head

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    With us already having class mounts it;s hard to not make comparisons.
    Didn't stop Blizzard for making something unique for DHs. And given how they are also a demon-oriented Class it's also not hard to make comparisons for them. What makes this comparison so lovely is that Demon Hunters are all about exterminating the demons, yet get a new demon mount because they had an afternoon break from the demon hunting or something, while Warlocks who aim for mastery over all demonkind don't get remotely intrigued by bajillion types of flying demons, starting with DHs new Felbats, and just rest on laurels of flaming horses.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Paladin has racial variations.
    Warlocks do not.
    There is no consistency.
    Plus Paladins also got another mount in Argent Tournament from what I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post

I think whats more disappointing is that the new mount looks like it may lack some of the features that the old dreadsteed had on its head like the extra horns and the goatee that made the dreadsteed look more demonic.. The old model has a baphomet shaped head
    Yeah, I think that's the worst thing about the new mount. It looks more like a camel than a demonic horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like it

the vanilla model
    looks better
    to you
    then the new model?
    kk
    Not everyone has to like everything that you do and not everything has to drool over everything that Blizzard deity has created, who would have thought.

the old... what? they both have spikes, the new one has more spikes
    Counting the spikes of the horse itself and not the armor, Dreadsteed has 11 spikes (15, if you count the protrusions on cheeks) vs 5 of the new mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or make it a Terrorguard and have us "run" inside its stomach maw. The Warlock can even be hidden while mounted, no need for saddles or other contraptions, the model doesn't have to be altered all that much. All it needs is some mount doodads and a visual upgrade for the model since Terrorguards haven't been upgraded when Doomguards were from what I recall.

Iunno, maybe the same way you think the mount we've been given will fly? I.e. just run through air?

Because, obviously, horses that fly without wings are totes legit while Void Hounds break suspension of disbelief. "Consistency".
    thing is seeing a horse run through the air its like "oh its magic" but then imagine seeing that fucking thing running through the air... as i said
    when corehounds can fly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post

LOL a goatee makes you demonic... i laughed more then i should have

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't stop Blizzard for making something unique for DHs. And given how they are also a demon-oriented Class it's also not hard to make comparisons for them. What makes this comparison so lovely is that Demon Hunters are all about exterminating the demons, yet get a new demon mount because they had an afternoon break from the demon hunting or something, while Warlocks who aim for mastery over all demonkind don't get remotely intrigued by bajillion types of flying demons, starting with DHs new Felbats, and just rest on laurels of flaming horses.

Plus Paladins also got another mount in Argent Tournament from what I recall.
    correct but it was just a silver version of the paladins mounts

- - - Updated - - -

Not everyone has to like everything that you do and not everything has to drool over everything that Blizzard deity has created, who would have thought.

Counting the spikes of the horse itself and not the armor, Dreadsteed has 11 spikes (15, if you count the protrusions on cheeks) vs 5 of the new mount.
    the new one has all the spikes that the armor doesent cover, and that armor adds more spikes onto the armor, you cant just go "it has less spikes.... BUT DONT COUNT THE ARMOR" if your going to count the tiny little ass spikes that are near impossible to see, aswell as the little cheek spikes, you better count the armor spikes... 21 with the armor, so more
    and no, but it is factually better, as ive said like 8 times now, everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but so many people are trying to cal lit "worse in every single way" and "a reskin" or "recolour" and call it "lazy, took 2 minutes, exact same model" and im simply saying, factually is it better in every way, but your ok to have your opinion, i like it, im happy we got an updated dreadsteed, i still feel like ours was one of the weakest of the 7.2 mounts compared to some of the others, and i will prob still use the infernal mount unless i need to fly

as ive said before, a balanced meal is factually more healthy then 3 double cheeseburgers... but its your opinion on which you like to eat more
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-11-06 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    ^Your claim is unsubstantiated
    What?

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dreadsteed

They're definitely horse demons.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

They had so many cooler and better options...as has been pointed out in this thread. Oh well, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What?

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dreadsteed

They're definitely horse demons.
    Okay and? I didn't claim they aren't demons. Demons are immortals and immortals are the opposite of mortals - living beings that die. Demons are not living beings that die because if they are, they're mortals by definition.

Demons are not living by any sense yet they aren't dead either. Do you know what those beings are called? Undead

Curse of Undeath is not remotely Warlock-ish.
    Yeah, it isn't remotely warlock-ish because it is indeed warlockian. The warlock Kil'jaeden created the Lich King by warping the warlock Ner'zhul with his demonic, chaotic powers.

Just because something is used by demons doesn't make it a Warlock thing.
    Yes it does. Something used by a demon is demonic (of, from, or relating to, a demon) by definition and a demonic thing is a warlock thing.

There's a reason why no Warlock other than Gul'dan created any Death Knights and Necrolytes are not uncommon among both Legion and the Old Horde
    The warlock Cho'gall helped Gul'dan create Death Knights and Ner'zhul created Death Knights.

Using souls isn't necessarily undead related either.
    Oh yes it is. Disembodied souls are undead.

For Warlock magic souls are generally fuel
    You seem to be one of those ignorant twits who don't understand that energy can't be destroyed and that in most - if not all - fantasy settings, death magic is considered to be a form of life magic. Presumably, this is because if life can be converted into another state, that state of existence is not living by any sense of the term.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...be%20destroyed

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it transforms from one form to another. For instance, chemical energy can be converted to kinetic energy in the explosion of a stick of dynamite. A consequence of the law of conservation of energy is that a perpetual motion machine of the first kind cannot exist.
    https://twitter.com/davekosak/status/654345020619689984

The way I would describe it: Fel is chaotic energy. Warlocks convert life into fel, draining the victim as a source of power.
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/695407155680182272

Fel is the primal force of chaos. It can pool into a green goop when it's in physical form.
    Definition of Goop

a viscous or sticky substance; goo.
    Definition of Slime

: a viscous, glutinous, or gelatinous substance
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft:_O...manual#Slime_2

The Necrolyte clan believes that the strange slimes found in certain areas seek to eat the blood of the Orcs. No magiks could have created these crawling masses, but yet they exist. This slime seems attracted to the heat of Orcish bodies, and will seep through even the tightest armor to drain into the pores of its victims skin and sap them of strength and life.
    http://db.vanillagaming.org/?quest=4120

In a place called Felwood, north of Ashenvale, the creatures have been tainted by a substance called fel.
    And when regarding to World of Warcraft, warlocks (according to how it is described) convert life into fel. Fel can pool into a green goop when it's in physical form and it is a substance that can be animated. That substance is not living by any sense of the term even when it's animate and prior to being animated, it is inanimate and warlocks can animate - or fuel - the fel by drawing life essences from living beings. And to study the technique one can use to animate the inanimate is to study the technique one can use to animate the dead.

Your ill attempt to make a warlock seem like anyone but a necromancer should not fool anyone here. Canon has established that warlocks USE life essence. From draining life essences (souls), to converting them into something that can pool into a substance that can be animated, to animating the substance that is studied by necrolytes, warlocks are indeed manipulators of life and therefore death, which is connected to life. People who are like you are just trying to spread misinformation and they need to be stopped.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Warlock_(lore)

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Fel_magic

https://lifetapperz.wordpress.com/2016/08/14/warlocks/

Okay and? I didn't claim they aren't demons. Demons are immortals and immortals are the opposite of mortals - living beings that die. Demons are not living beings that die because if they are, they're mortals by definition.

Demons are not living by any sense yet they aren't dead either. Do you know what those beings are called? Undead
    Am I being trolled? I feel like I'm being trolled.

Am I being trolled?
    It depends. Are you telling yourself that demons are actual living beings when regarding to WoW lore?

Yeah I'm being trolled.

Just a quick FYI, a Dreadsteed and Felsteed are both Nightmare's. The same type of demon. Like felstalkers and felhounds.

~~~~~

Though if you want to go with a demon that would look really good, as well as already has the head forward and bent down enough to put a saddle of some sort there would be an Overfiend such as Azzakel.
    Last edited by Rykter; 2016-11-07 at 01:59 AM.

If this horse has wings when fly then I guess it will be fine. If not, its crap.

I'm being trolled.
    Yup, you're being trolled by yourself.

Yeah, it isn't remotely warlock-ish because it is indeed warlockian. The warlock Kil'jaeden created the Lich King by warping the warlock Ner'zhul with his demonic, chaotic powers.
    And as is the case with many NPCs, which I just mentioned by the way, Kil'jaeden isn't bound by single Class or Specialization. As per Ulthalesh's background lore, Kil'jaeden is also a skilled Necrolyte.

Yes it does. Something used by a demon, or demons, is demonic (of, from, or relating to, demons) by definition and a demonic thing is a warlock thing.
    By your inane logic Blood DK's Artifact is a Warlock thing. Given said inanity, no, not everything used by demons is a Warlock thing. Warlocks don't dabble themselves with things like Fel Reavers for example. They do mess with non-demonic things like the Void though.

The warlock Cho'gall helped Gul'dan create Death Knights and Ner'zhul created Death Knights.
    Still NPCs. And Ner'zhul created his Death Knights only after becoming Lich King.

Oh yes it is. Disembodied souls are undead.
    I have yet to see a source that would call souls themselves, especially in context of Warlock magic, undead.

You seem to be one of those ignorant twits who don't understand that energy can't be destroyed and that in most - if not all - fantasy settings, death magic is considered to be a form of life magic. Presumably, this is because if life can be converted into another state, that state of existence is not living by any sense of the term.
    And in Warcraft setting, Death is different sphere of magic from Life as per Chronicles. And I'm not sure what energy not being able to be destroyed has to do with souls.

And when regarding to World of Warcraft, warlocks convert life into fel. Fel can pool into a green goop when it's in physical form and it is a substance that can be animated. That substance is not living by any sense of the term even when it's animate and prior to being animated, it is inanimate and warlocks can animate - or fuel - the fel by drawing souls from living beings. And to study the technique one can use to animate the inanimate is to study the technique one can use to animate the dead.
    I'm not sure from what dark crevice did you pull this nonsense about animating Fel from, but it's certainly not WoW related. And necromantic magic is a different than Fel.

Your ill attempt to make a warlock seem like anyone but a necromancer should not fool anyone here. Canon has established that warlocks USE life essence - from draining life essences (souls) to converting them into substances that can be animated and are studied by necrolytes. Warlocks are indeed manipulators of life and therefore death, which is connected to life. People like you are just trying to spread misinformation and they need to be stopped.
    The repeat of the nonsense about animating Fel aside, you're just shitting on your own headcanon. Necromancers in WoW don't use life essence, they don't necessarily drain souls, they don't convert souls into anything and don't animate any substances. What they do is raise the dead. Which Warlocks usually don't. And the "manipulators of life and therefore death, which is connected to life" bit not only is factually incorrect in Warcraft (again, Chronicles, which by the way - what a surprise - means you're the one spreading misinformation) but also is faulty logic.

And while sacrificing life is the usual way to channel Fel, it's just a tool to use said Fel which is the real focus of a Warlock. And Fel itself isn't remotely related to Life magic, it's mixture of Shadow and Light. Then there's the fact that even Fel isn't the be all end all for Warlocks, Shadow/Void magic is also common. So even trying to boggle Warlocks down to "manipulators of life" as if that was the central aspect of the Class is also a falsehood.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-11-07 at 02:16 AM.