Finally got FSH to 60 and finished the last gathering quest in XIV i havent done. Nothing but red Scrips for Goblin dice now. Now to get back to getting the last few PLD levels to get every class to at least 50. leaving PLD,WAR and DRG to get to 60. But man PLD just sucks the fun out of the game for me, and it doesnt help its hunting log is full of things like 2 imperials that are ranged casters that only spawn in a huge pack right next to where a boss fate spawns on you as well as being surrounded by slyphs and ochus -_-

I have no doubt PLD will be my last 60, whch i'm only doing for completionists sake but good lord i hate this job so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    True enough. Think the biggy is that some people just rush the living hell out of it when they don't need to, causing just undue chaos and doom.
    Very true. Even if you clear it slow, getting the clear is the important part, else you've just wasted 15+ minutes for zero reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    True enough. Think the biggy is that some people just rush the living hell out of it when they don't need to, causing just undue chaos and doom.
    Probably because they farmed it to death and just want to push through ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Probably because they farmed it to death and just want to push through ASAP.
    Still, impatience in this case makes you lose more time than it gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    Falcosaurus, anyone? xD
    Keeps me quite busy at the moment.

Did Palace of the Dead recently, for that Wondrous Ta(i)l(e)s-book...damn, that's really not my thing. Died from the boss on floor 10 and obviously I didn't know how to save. I re-entered the dungeon and all my progress was gone. And those random traps and status effects are really not that compelling. Will not enter again.
    I found it really fun when I ran with my FC mates. Nice way to get a preview of a class at a higher level. But solo as ninja, I died on the 9th floor to a bee that decided to final sting at 90% health as I finished off his bee brother. Not terribly intent on trying to push myself to solo it..... yet at the same time there's a little piece of me that wants revenge on floors 1-10.

I think your weapon and armor upgrades in there carry over once you save, so having run 1-50 with FC, I might be better equipped for 1-10 solo. Dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, impatience in this case makes you lose more time than it gains.
    There is a difference between mindless impatience and targeted efficiency.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between mindless impatience and targeted efficiency.
    I doubt pugs are targeted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt pugs are targeted.
    Touché. *chuckles*

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Tanks: Make pulls, keep enmity, survive.
    DPS: Put out solid damage, interrupt, don't take avoidable damage.
    Healers: Manage MP, maintain group health, remove debuffs.

Seems similar to me. This is what they are responsible for, not the additional things that they bring to the table. Anything outside of the listed responsibilities is going above and beyond what is required to accomplish a duty safely and timely.
    You know that Tanks can put out solid damage, can interrupt and have to dodge unavoidable damage too right? So if I were to follow your example, the logical conslusion is that you proved my point all along. Tanks have to do everything a DPS does and a little bit more. therefore they possess more responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    We're losing the illusion that we hate each other, it's all falling apart now!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Too bad broken class design ruins Legion for me. Well there's more things but that's a big one. They can churn out all the content they want but when you're class is boring/broken/whatever else then yeah that ain't happening.
    Mind stating what class you play that you consider boring/broken/whatever else?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Lol no just find it funny. Honestly it is a very good thing keeps them both improving. WOW cannot just sit on it's golden throne anymore which means blizz needs to up their game.

This pretty much I went back to try legion already tired of it. It is SOOOO all unfriendly and honestly it may be time for a wow 2 with a system like ff armory one character does it all
    Agreed that Legion is not very alt friendly for the average player. With that said though, I could argue that FF14 is just as alt unfriendly as WoW. Farming a relic weapon on one job, doesn't transfer over to alt jobs. Buying tomestone gear is gated weekly which limits you to one class as well, thus limiting alt growth. I could also argue that FF14 is MORE alt friendly than WoW (and I personally agree), but I would not say it is an alt friendly game for the reasons above. Fun fact BNS is worse than both of them. Very alt-unfriendly.

I also agree that the two of them being mainstream is VERY good for us MMO'ers for all the reasons others have already stated. As they continue to iterate systems that players like they'll become better games.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's not a bad thing at all. FFXIV and WoW both benefit from having a rivalry with each other as it motivates them to keep things fresh and engaging. Stagnation emerges as a result of no meaningful competition. Personally I'm done with WoW - it's too dated at this point, I disagree with the direction of my chosen class and the story/characters no longer interest me. I do wish it well though for the reason listed above.

I'm definitely annoyed that only now do they commit to their 'faster patch cycle' that they promised years ago. Oh well.
    Agreed definitely a good thing, I can imagine you'd be annoyed that they finally commit to it now (when it's too late for you as a player).

May I ask what your chosen class was?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Agreed definitely a good thing, I can imagine you'd be annoyed that they finally commit to it now (when it's too late for you as a player).

May I ask what your chosen class was?
    I primarily played a Warlock. I tried to make the switch to a Warrior numerous times but felt obligated to stick with my Warlock simply because that was the character I had achieved so much on. Even when a lot of stuff became 'account bound' I was still faced with the predicament of my Warlock having items that could never again be acquired elsewhere.

It's largely why I love FFXIV's approach - I can have one character and do everything on them. If I lose interest in one job I can switch to another easily enough without losing progress elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's largely why I love FFXIV's approach - I can have one character and do everything on them. If I lose interest in one job I can switch to another easily enough without losing progress elsewhere.
    Yep I find that so fun.
    Esp now, when leveling and catching up with alt in Legion is such a huge task. >.<

Mind stating what class you play that you consider boring/broken/whatever else?
    Warlock is my main and has been since I started playing this game.

Class fantasy based around being a stationary turret and having the tools to absorb the damage you take. Yeah that doesn't really work when boss mechanics at higher difficulties one shot you or close enough were it just becomes a burden on the healers.

Affliction Artifact weapon that hasn't been fixed since Beta ever since it got redesigned and got told "we'll fix it before Legion is out". Yeah we're waiting.

Having to go all in into either decent cleave or decent ST with no in between were you can do a bit of both. Is that a bad thing? Not really but when you have a few other classes that can do both without a huge drawback well yeah that ain't fun. They've done a really bad job of balancing this expansion. Well no actually its not really that much worse than any other expansion but the Artifact system makes it stand out more.

Of course cant forget a big one is that we don't have an interrupt unless you're Affliction. That's a big deal in a Mythic+ scenario were lack of interrupts can lead to wipes.

It honestly sucks because I had fun in the two months that I had played Legion. Progressing through EN while not the best raid was fun. Doing high level of Mythic+s was some of the most fun I've had in WoW. World Quests got stale fast but still some fun to be had occasionally there with some of the more unique ones.

I could argue that FF14 is just as alt unfriendly as WoW. Farming a relic weapon on one job, doesn't transfer over to alt jobs. Buying tomestone gear is gated weekly which limits you to one class as well, thus limiting alt growth
    Its not that bad though. Gear mostly is shared between classes so if you play one tank you have a base set for all three of them. Same goes for most other classes. The only item being the weapon which isn't so hard to get. A 255 is perfectly fine for anything you're going to do compared to having to grind out all that AP to be even relevant.

On another note...

https://imgur.com/gallery/ahX7Q

Gotta love how Yosh-P is a huge Blizzard fan.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-11-07 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that Tanks can put out solid damage, can interrupt and have to dodge unavoidable damage too right? So if I were to follow your example, the logical conslusion is that you proved my point all along. Tanks have to do everything a DPS does and a little bit more. therefore they possess more responsibility.
    Putting out damage would fall into the category of holding enmity, doing a lot of damage would be going above and beyond (if you bothered reading the little bit I wrote below, this would be explained). Interrupting is something they are capable of, NOT a requirement, doing so would be a mark of a superior tank. Avoidable damage falls into the category of "survival".

So, still not seeing this "more responsibility" that you profess they have. Honestly, it's like saying that DPS have the responsibility for maintaining health with defensive cooldowns, using their enmity management skills to avoid taking extra enmity (or redirecting it, in the NIN case), using a heal cooldown (like that monk skill) if they DO take damage, or providing group boosting skills like tp/mp regen, increased damage done to the target and debuff for enemy stats (like blunt resist and INT reduction). While also doing damage, avoiding taking the extra damage and interrupting.

You are making tanks out to be more complicated than it actually is, hence the illusion.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Putting out damage would fall into the category of holding enmity, doing a lot of damage would be going above and beyond (if you bothered reading the little bit I wrote below, this would be explained). Interrupting is something they are capable of, NOT a requirement, doing so would be a mark of a superior tank. Avoidable damage falls into the category of "survival".

So, still not seeing this "more responsibility" that you profess they have. Honestly, it's like saying that DPS have the responsibility for maintaining health with defensive cooldowns, using their enmity management skills to avoid taking extra enmity (or redirecting it, in the NIN case), using a heal cooldown (like that monk skill) if they DO take damage, or providing group boosting skills like tp/mp regen, increased damage done to the target and debuff for enemy stats (like blunt resist and INT reduction). While also doing damage, avoiding taking the extra damage and interrupting.

You are making tanks out to be more complicated than it actually is, hence the illusion.
    What am I even reading.... no all of the above are not the job of a superior tank. They are the job of every tank in a raid environment. And I m assuming we re talking about raid environment because outside of it every role can slack and not do their job and it wont matter.
    I cannot see how during progression in FFXIV savage raid the tanks can slack with their dmg and still get past the dps checks. Pulling a steady 1300+ as DRK now (could be doing better I guess) and we re just on point on a12s.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, apparently mimics can drop chests that are mimics. Had that happen to us.

...but do they drop mimics that drop mimics that drop mimics that drops mimics that drop a pomander of strength, though?

Yeah had three back to back from the same chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah had three back to back from the same chest.
    That's just game trolling to the max. Geez.
    ...but do they drop mimics that drop mimics that drop mimics that drops mimics that drop a pomander of strength, though?
    D:

Yep I find that so fun.
    Esp now, when leveling and catching up with alt in Legion is such a huge task. >.<
    I remember when it was looking like your would have to kill your existing WoW character to roll a Death Knight and as a Paladin main back in BC i loved the idea, kind of get it in the end here. I was BLM main, then the domans came and i switched to Ninja and learnt from lvl.1 all over again and i might be doing the same for RDM in 4.0 but its still my character with their own 'story' over that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    What am I even reading.... no all of the above are not the job of a superior tank. They are the job of every tank in a raid environment. And I m assuming we re talking about raid environment because outside of it every role can slack and not do their job and it wont matter.
    I cannot see how during progression in FFXIV savage raid the tanks can slack with their dmg and still get past the dps checks. Pulling a steady 1300+ as DRK now (could be doing better I guess) and we re just on point on a12s.
    My whole argument is that it isn't an additional responsibility put on the tank, it's something that happens naturally playing the role. In non-raid content DPS is slackable, obviously, and that you can focus on the enmity gen rotation and survival. But in raids the rotation isn't so much that it can be argued as much more responsibility for a tank. If that were the case, then just maintaining proper positioning for a monk to be doing optimal dps would be "additional" responsibility. Interrupting is typically doable with competent dps, without absolutely needing a tank to do it. I'm not saying they can't/shouldn't/wouldn't, but honestly the tank could use their interrupts more offensively or for enmity gen and the actual interrupting could be handled by dps.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."