Mythic Cenarius as Fire

Would like to know how all other Fire Mages are doing this fight? My guild is currently 5 healing the fight and trying to push the boss after killing the double sisters.

How does everyone deals with the thorns (with legendary bracers) and CD usage. I currently have to hold off if i have ROP up with legendary bracers proc and also during the wisps. I find that combustion lines up always when he starts casting forces of nightmare so I was wondering if I should save combustion for the adds (We are focusing killing the second wave single sister, goes down fine without me using CDs) or just use my CDs on Cenarius during the cast which I may have to hold off dps sometimes due to thorns getting me too low. I save my combustion for the double sisters after second wisps as they need to go down asap.

Any opinions welcome!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also like to hear some tips for this, as I've been struggling to find a rhythm during this fight
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

well, you are gonna have to look at the timers before you use combustion/RoP as you will likely die if you hammer a full combustion into the boss with thorns.. you can't really hold back, as the ignite will just keep killing you once you realize you have to hold back. You might just have to focus your damage on the adds in the other phases as you say, since these have to die fast aswell and they only have 50% thorns if they happen to be close to the boss

If you combustion on pull, combustion will be up right when the 2nd forces of nightmare come up and you can combustion on the wisps (without thorns).
    I think you can then combust the two sister wave, but our guild is currently progressing this fight by pushing BEFORE two sisters (3 tank 4 healers). Rune+pyroblast crit is deadly though, and I usually call out to top me up when i'm casting the pyro in rune. When the entire raid is low, I would just let the proc go by as you'll one-shot yourself if you crit.
    We are currently mostly having issues with deaths right before 35% as our healers cannot keep up with the thorns damage on top of everything else (which I think will mostly be solved by people being intelligent about when to slow down a bit on dps while still making the timer).
    Check out my youtube channel for levelling guides, ancient mana farming spots, mage PoV guides and more!
    Aesthi - Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    If you combustion on pull, combustion will be up right when the 2nd forces of nightmare come up and you can combustion on the wisps (without thorns).
    I think you can then combust the two sister wave, but our guild is currently progressing this fight by pushing BEFORE two sisters (3 tank 4 healers). Rune+pyroblast crit is deadly though, and I usually call out to top me up when i'm casting the pyro in rune. When the entire raid is low, I would just let the proc go by as you'll one-shot yourself if you crit.
    We are currently mostly having issues with deaths right before 35% as our healers cannot keep up with the thorns damage on top of everything else (which I think will mostly be solved by people being intelligent about when to slow down a bit on dps while still making the timer).
    Using combustion on the whisps would be a waste tho, as you don't actually want them to die on the same time and they don't have enough hp to build up a high ignite, should rather save combustion for the boss afterwards then

Deleted
    The second combustion should be used to kill the first twisted sister (and the third for twisted sisters if you are using 5 healers or for roots with 4 healers, I'd suggest 4 healer strategy is much easier than 5 to be honest).

I normally ask for external cd (ironbark or similar) when I'm casting bracers-pyro and I have 5 stacks of pyretic incantation (which is normally the pyro cast after initial combustion).

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ye we have this firemage in the raid that constantly kills himself.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZero View Post
    Ye we have this firemage in the raid that constantly kills himself.
    I have exactly the same in my guild but it's an elemental shaman... Sigh, blizz really needs to buff these ele-shitters :/
    Check out my youtube channel for levelling guides, ancient mana farming spots, mage PoV guides and more!
    Aesthi - Ravencrest EU

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    I have exactly the same in my guild but it's an elemental shaman... Sigh, blizz really needs to buff these ele-shitters :/
    Wonder how its possible with ele's low dps.
    Last edited by TripleZero; 2016-11-12 at 01:21 AM.

Must of stacked wisps on cenarius while CL and EQ spam

We're still progressing on cenarius and it shits me to no end that my guild doesn't get the wisps down in a decent amount of time. Sometimes I got no choice but to blow combustion or else the raid leader complains of the low add damage on wisps :/

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZero View Post
    Wonder how its possible with ele's low dps.
    easy stormkeeper+wisps+cl i can do 10-15 million in under 2 seconds, most will go for me, or my legendary boots 1.4mill earth shock crits back to back +thorns = lol cya.

but most of my deaths are just giving into brambles eventually you can only kite for so long doing zero dps because you just let it hit you and hope you get enough heals.

lightning bolt on my move plz it's not OP because ele isn't OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like a target dummy fight for us... We 4-heal and push to sub-30% as quickly as possible. DPS during thorns? Yup. I feel like I'm always going to die but I still manage to stay alive while dpsing with thorns active.

We aren't overly geared or anything, but this was our straight since our first kill. We simply just nuked boss as hard as possible to skip everything and go straight to the last phase.